Automatic upgrade?

voyager89

Hello everyone,

I am new to MSC, booked on the Seaside for January with Jetblue which is usually how I book my cruises. I booked an interior Bella cabin which I got to chose on deck 5. Now I just checked my booking on MSC´s website and it says I have a balcony Fantastica cabin on deck 12! I mean I´m not complaining :D but do they usually do these type of upgrades? I am just curious

Also, are drinks cards or vouchers still available? I first checked you could purchase I believe a 12 drink voucher for 80 dollars or so but I can´t find it anymore. I have heard you don´t get anything to drink at all with MSC, not even flavored water, tea or coffee like other lines do. Is this true?

Thanks in advance :)

As your cruise recently went into final payment due status I think they may be settling things early. Good for you! Several people on my Divina sailing were upgraded a little closer to sail date than you. You will get the Fantastica cabin, but not the Fantastica experience perks. The 18 drink voucher pack has recently disappeared from Seaside sailings, hopefully it will be brought back soon. On Divina there were several complimentary drink offerings - Tea, coffee, lemonade and some "juices" at breakfast. Water was always served in the dining rooms so bring flavor packs if desired.

Hello everyone,

I am new to MSC, booked on the Seaside for January with Jetblue which is usually how I book my cruises. I booked an interior Bella cabin which I got to chose on deck 5. Now I just checked my booking on MSC´s website and it says I have a balcony Fantastica cabin on deck 12! I mean I´m not complaining :D but do they usually do these type of upgrades? I am just curious

Also, are drinks cards or vouchers still available? I first checked you could purchase I believe a 12 drink voucher for 80 dollars or so but I can´t find it anymore.

I have heard you don´t get anything to drink at all with MSC, not even flavored water, tea or coffee like other lines do. Is this true? No it isn't true. Thee are drinks stations in the buffet and near the entrances which have hot drinks , tea , coffee as well as water and cordial type drinks.

Although you have ben upgraded to a Fantastica cabin , you will still only get the Bella experience, which is what you paid for.

Just the cabin is upgraded not the level of service (The experience)

It is not unusual to be upgraded from the lower experience cabins to a higher experience but with the proviso above,

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...
All this upgrade talk made me go check my bookings for Jan 25 on the divina. The room I had as a Bella inside guarantee was upgraded to Bella balcony on deck 8.

I just checked mine for the same date. Bella balcony to a wellness balcony. Sounds like we won't get the experience perks though, as previous threads have said. :(