Car rental shuttles - Miami airport

IWantToLiveOverTheSea

This is so stupid and frustrating, so I'm posting in case others have answers, or later have same questions!

I called Enterprise at Miami airport to see if they had a shuttle from Mia airport to the port. The person said no.

Some people on another thread swear there's an Alamo shuttle to POM, although perhaps they didn't understand that I was renting at the airport.

I called Enterprise back a few days later, during the day, and was told I could use Alamo's shuttle if I will be returning a car to Enterprise.

I called Alamo to see if they have a shuttle. They said no, except that the Port of Miami rental center has transportation. I then tried to book an Alamo pickup at the airport and drop off at POM and it said there were no cars available. I couldn't tell if that was because their shuttle (if they truly have one) is only one-way or if cars were simply booked up, or what.

I went on the Enterprise site, looked at the info that came with my reservation at the airport, and it mentions a shuttle that runs every 15 - 30 minutes to POM.

So does Enterprise have a shuttle from the airport to the port? Any specific days? What's the number for the Miami airport location?

What about Alamo, or any company other than the one I queried which gave me a two day quote of $195 medium sized car? (Dates WERE correct - two days!)

What car rental companies can I use at Miami airport to rent a car for two days, return it, and then take a shuttle to POM?

Right now I'm very frustrated. It's not a life or death situation if there's no shuttle (is Uber allowed in the airport?) but I don't want to spend more time calling, reserving, and calling to find a shuttle.

...So does Enterprise have a shuttle from the airport to the port? Any specific days? What's the number for the Miami airport location?...

You should post your question in the Florida's Departure Board for assitance, this is only East Coast which is not Florida.

Link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

You definitely need to repost on the Florida Departures board, but what day of the week do you need to return the car? I count five Enterprise locations withing about 2-3 miles of POM, including the Doubletree on Bayshore (closed Sundays), a downtown Miami location, and 2-3 near South Beach. I'd check on those locations hours and shuttle availability (the neighborhood locations will usually do the "we'll pick you up" thing that Enterprise advertises).

The airport location is +1 305-633-037; the Doubletree is +1 305-358-5513, according to the Enterprise web page...

Enterprise, Alamo, and National are owned by the same company. If you rent from either one you can use the shuttle service that will take you to the Port Of Miami from the Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport. They only run the shuttle service when there are ships docked there. They also provide service in the opposite direction from the Port Of Miami to the Rental Car Center. I have personally used the free shuttle service numerous times over the last twenty years. The shuttles normally leave when they have a full load of passengers. Some shuttle drivers will ask to see your car reservation before they allow you access to the shuttles. I normally reserve rental vehicles through Alamo but I am positive that National and Enterprise customers were with me on the same shuttle. Unfortunately you have been givin wrong information by the customer service representatives that you have recently spoken too.

The MIA airport location is actually the Rental Car Center which is across the street from Miami International Airport. There are no drop off locations directly at the Port Of Miami. Hertz, Avis, and Budget have downtown Miami Locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. If you rent from Alamo, National, and Enterprise before you cruise you pick up the vehicle at the MIA Rental Center and return the vehicle to the same location.

The MIA airport location is actually the Rental Car Center which is across the street from Miami International Airport. There are no drop off locations directly at the Port Of Miami. Hertz, Avis, and Budget have downtown Miami Locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. If you rent from Alamo, National, and Enterprise before you cruise you pick up the vehicle at the MIA Rental Center and return the vehicle to the same location.

So at the downtown locations, you can't return a car rented at the airport?

So at the downtown locations, you can't return a car rented at the airport?

Just randomly entering dates, Enterprise will let you pick up at the airport and return at the Doubletree. There doesn't appear to be a drop off fee. Which is what I'd expect.

This is so stupid and frustrating, so I'm posting in case others have answers, or later have same questions!

I called Enterprise at Miami airport to see if they had a shuttle from Mia airport to the port. The person said no.

Some people on another thread swear there's an Alamo shuttle to POM, although perhaps they didn't understand that I was renting at the airport.

I called Enterprise back a few days later, during the day, and was told I could use Alamo's shuttle if I will be returning a car to Enterprise.

I called Alamo to see if they have a shuttle. They said no, except that the Port of Miami rental center has transportation. I then tried to book an Alamo pickup at the airport and drop off at POM and it said there were no cars available. I couldn't tell if that was because their shuttle (if they truly have one) is only one-way or if cars were simply booked up, or what.

I went on the Enterprise site, looked at the info that came with my reservation at the airport, and it mentions a shuttle that runs every 15 - 30 minutes to POM.

So does Enterprise have a shuttle from the airport to the port? Any specific days? What's the number for the Miami airport location?

What about Alamo, or any company other than the one I queried which gave me a two day quote of $195 medium sized car? (Dates WERE correct - two days!)

What car rental companies can I use at Miami airport to rent a car for two days, return it, and then take a shuttle to POM?

Right now I'm very frustrated. It's not a life or death situation if there's no shuttle (is Uber allowed in the airport?) but I don't want to spend more time calling, reserving, and calling to find a shuttle.

I have done it at least a dozen times with Alamo. I have picked up the car at FLL and returned it to MIA and took their shuttle to POM

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I dropped of my Alamo rental car last year at Miami International Airport in March ( rented it at Fort Lauderdale Airport the day before, no drop off charge) and they had a free shuttle bus running every 10-15 minutes to the Port of Miami, just a 2 minute walk inside the terminal, Enterprise had the same.

I am planning to do the same this March.

You might try Dollar. Do a one way rental with pick up at the airport and drop off at the port. The "port" drop-off consists of driving the car back to the airport and catching their shuttle from there. The rates I found during my cruise dates were better than other agencies.