Seabourn Ovation Inaugural

This was at a fort in Dubrovnik so my friends aboard told me. I am not sure what the name of the fort is. Seabourn put on a special event of drinks at the fort at sunset for the passengers.

Julie

It would be a consideration. It probably wouldn't stop us from booking the cruise, unless there was a similar itinerary on a Regent ship or another Seabourn ship that has self service laundry.

I did post a reply to your question - see post #20 above. As you did not acknowledge, it’s possible you did not see it.

This was at a fort in Dubrovnik so my friends aboard told me. I am not sure what the name of the fort is. Seabourn put on a special event of drinks at the fort at sunset for the passengers.

Julie

It was Revelin Fortress. It didn’t quite go to plan - as soon as we had climbed to the rooftop, it started to rain. Locals assured us it was only a light shower - it wasn’t! We climbed back down to the hall and entertainment was held there.

We were given the usual welcome back to the ship by the crew - always lovely.

To all who are concerned, there definitely is a laundry on Ovation.

Ovation was in Marseille yesterday and Seabourn organised a private viewing about 8.30am to see the new Museum that has been opened there. The European and Mediterranean Civilisation Museum which from the photos looks amazing. Seabourn also organised champagne, juices and pastries for guests at the museum.

The celebration in Malta for the Christening was also amazing with fireworks against the backdrop of the gorgeous stone walls of Valletta. Elaine Page actually sang at the ceremony.

It sounds like Seabourn corporate has made sure that this Inaugural was focussed on the paying guests not Corporate this time. I'm pleased they listened to the complaints after the Encore debacle.

Julie

Sounds like something they could easily retrofit for that space on the Encore.

The Encore as of April 22 had Colonnade expansion space on open part deck 8 behind TK. The one time I was down there i saw a continental breakfast buffet and I think they encouraged lunch seating as well.

(They could probably could make better use of the Retreat space, too.)

The Encore as of April 22 had Colonnade expansion space on open part deck 8 behind TK. The one time I was down there i saw a continental breakfast buffet and I think they encouraged lunch seating as well.

The open deck behind TK on Encore was set up for breakfast and lunch buffet in the Med in July/August last year. It was lovely and quiet :D

The celebration in Malta for the Christening was also amazing with fireworks against the backdrop of the gorgeous stone walls of Valletta. Elaine Page actually sang at the ceremony.

Sounds lovely and quite an improvement over Encore's inaugural ceremony, indeed, which featured an aloof Sarah Brightman not uttering a single word, let alone singing a single note. All I recall was her pushing a button to activate the swinging champagne bottle against the hull, which was transmitted on a big screen for us to watch inside the hall...

Sounds lovely and quite an improvement over Encore's inaugural ceremony, indeed, which featured an aloof Sarah Brightman not uttering a single word, let alone singing a single note. All I recall was her pushing a button to activate the swinging champagne bottle against the hull, which was transmitted on a big screen for us to watch inside the hall...

Sounds exactly like her performance in Phantom!