Tortola Excursions

We are on the Norwegian Bliss January 2019. One of the stops is Tortola and I'm trying to figure out what to do there. We want a relaxing, fun day and love the water so I'm considering a catamaran that goes to Norman Island and The Caves. We're looking at Kuralu Charters. They have great reviews on Trip Advisor but wondering if anyone on here has went with them? Also, is going to Jost Van Dyke an option from where the Bliss will dock in port? I'm assuming some things will be rebuilt from the hurricanes by then.

Thanks for everyone's help.

• 2 months later...

We had previously gone on a "barefoot catamaran cruise" with sailing friends of ours, so we had been to Tortola and a number of surrounding islands. When we saw the cruise ship was going to stop on Tortola, we told our cruising group (10 of us), that they HAD to go to Jost Van Dyke to Soggy Dollar and Foxy's.

The cruise was before the hurricane. Once we disembarked in Tortola, We grabbed one of the taxis right out of the port area. He took us to a water taxi area ($5 each)(sketchy as hell area, but it worked), where we bought a round trip ticket to Tortola (maybe $20 each?). There were probably 20-25 people on the boat. Half cruisers/ half locals. We grabbed another taxi to Soggy Dollar Bar (which has now reopened!!) for $5 each. The guy agreed to pick us up at a predesignated time and picked us up, took us to Foxy's, then back to the water taxi. Then back to the cruise ship. I think we were supposed to be back by 4. We aimed to be back by 2:30 and were there by 3.

Good luck! The boat taxi trip was part of the fun of the whole trip. Local boat, local people, fun times! Worked for us!

• 4 weeks later...

We (4 of us) went on a private charter on Blue Horizon

Attraction_Review-g147355-d11747189-Reviews-Blue_Horizon_Power_Boat_Charters-Road_Town_Tortola_British_Virgin_Islands.html

Tortola was hit pretty hard by hurricane Irma, so I hope Edward is OK

but I didn't see any reviews on Trip Advisor after the hurricane.

I would still look into a private charter.

We wanted to go on the Rebel Yell but it sold out quickly.

We were on NCL and we were able to walk to the marina.

We went to Jost Van Dyke and Sandy Spit.

Leaving the marina

enhance

Sandy Spit

enhance

Sandy Spit

enhance

Jost Van Dyke

enhance

You can get the ferry to THE BATHS, Huge boulders on the beach and in the water and cruisers drop anchor off the beach. Great swimming and fun going thru the boulders to get to the next beach. It was a best tour for us and we cruise a LOT. Google the Baths and you'll see what I mean.

The BATHS are in Virgin Gorda. When you Google, hotels there come up, but go to the Baths and there are tons of photos!

Edited by Bonnie J.
adding Virgin Gorda!

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Tortola a few years ago...got off the ship and took the open taxi/bus at the end of the pier. We went to Cane Garden Bay. It was a beautiful little beach in a bay (duh). There were lots of vendors around but they didn't bother us and weren't pushy. Lots of chairs/umbrellas and at that time, at least, we didn't have to pay to use them. I had looked at the Baths as well but ended up at Cane Garden Bay and loved it.