Die Hard RCCL Cruisers...AKA Loyal Royals.

Yes, we are trying MSC next October, 2019. The Meraviglia is coming to New York. It’s a new ship. It will be in NY for the month of October, before transitioning to Florida. They match status and being D+ gives us their top tier of Black. We just want to try something different. I know we will never leave Royal. Just want to experience another cruise line.....we have done Carnival and Norwegian years ago.

Gwen [emoji3]

Yes, we are trying MSC next October, 2019. The Meraviglia is coming to New York. It’s a new ship. It will be in NY for the month of October, before transitioning to Florida. They match status and being D+ gives us their top tier of Black. We just want to try something different. I know we will never leave Royal. Just want to experience another cruise line.....we have done Carnival and Norwegian years ago.

Gwen [emoji3]

I did the same!!!!! Are you doing the Canada cruise or the repo cruise? We are doing the repo.

I did over 15 cruises before discovering rccl in late 80’s , just became diamond plus so really like rccl , best entertainment , but still cruise other lines , really like rccl suite perks but after recent celebrity discovered they have better perks .

We tried Carnival first, then branched out to Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Holland America. We have another Liberty of the Seas cruise booked for December and a Princess cruise booked for next year.

We are Diamond on Royal but still plan to cruise on other lines. We like having a variety.

I'm only a loyalist as far as the company I give my money to is willing to reward me for that loyalty (above and beyond what I get as a basic benefit for my commerce).

I used to be extremely loyal (as an example) to United Airlines as a customer. 24 year relationship. Flew them exclusively unless there was no other option. They've eroded their loyalty program to the point that it's hardly a factor at all on which airline I choose any longer. I was doing ~100K miles a year to Asia... and now I just pick the airline that sucks the least because choosing the airline I've been loyal to for decades means almost nothing other than putting me higher on the potential upgrade list if there is a seat available.

Cruise lines are going the same way. It felt reasonable to invest in sticking to one cruise line to get some reciprocal benefits... but now I'm just pricing out what I think will be my total package value. There are very few actual loyalty perks left. "Welcome" bottled water? Yay?

Edited by mk-ultra

We used to be Loyal to Royal until the Empress of the Seas fiasco. Our B2B got canceled at the last minute so it was either no vacation or NCL. We chose NCL and have been expanding which lines we cruise on ever since. We still cruise Royal, but now they are just one of the many.

I've sailed several more times with royal over ncl, the other line I've been with. But total days wise royal is currently in the lead by only a few days, but the only reason they're keeping the lead is my family chose a cruise by proximity. Otherwise, in my experience and for what I like, royal pays lip service to singles so unless that changes royal will soon not be my most cruised line.

I do really like the oasis class, but as a solo I can cruise for cheaper on ncl. Or, at least if royal is cheaper I never see those cruises.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Only ever been with royal! We even booked a marella cruise but cancelled it loosing the deposit because after looking at pictures we could not see us enjoying it... as we are brits we would love to go further afield but the cost of air travel is ridiculous.. so we stick to Europe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I have cruised most with RC and am still loyal to them, as I like what they offer. That includes the Diamond benefits.

In recent years, tried many other cruise lines : P&O, Cunard, Celebrity, Princess. I like them all. P&O has become my second favourite as I like the contrasting British offering.

There must be something special about RC because after 30 years, it is still the cruise line I prefer above all others. My wife and grown up children also prefer RC and that is a factor when deciding which cruise line to book with.

MSC is on my list of cruise lines to try.

Out of my last 5 cruises, 3 have been with MSC.

Cheapest drinks package afloat.

Stylish modern ships, Italian flair.

They would certainly be my 2nd choice if RCI got too expensive or kept on doing the same old repetitive routes with the same old boring ships from Southampton..... oh wait a minute...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCI and Celebrity are where we usually stay. But, when Disney offers a Florida resident discount, we look at them as well. Also, after 14 years, we're trying HAL again this coming Thanksgiving as they had a good deal on the Nieuw Amesterdam. So, we do stray at bit!

I have cruised exclusively on Royal until I recently reach Diamond status. I plan to try Celebrity soon, and have a feeling that will become my preferred line.

This is pretty much me. I’m just trying to level up at this point for the move to Celebrity.

I did the same!!!!! Are you doing the Canada cruise or the repo cruise? We are doing the repo.

We are doing the 10 day to Quebec and back. We don’t fly, so want to return to NY. I’m sure you will have a great cruise. One thing I liked about booking with MSC, is that they only required a $98 total, refundable down payment. Not sure about the big ship, but, just trying to see what other cruise lines offer. We are at 410 pts with Royal and will never make Pinnacle at our age. We have 6 future cruises booked with Royal on the Grandeur, my favorite ship. We will never desert Royal as long as we are able to cruise though. Since MSC matched our status, it’s a good chance to see other cruise line’s perks.

Gwen [emoji3]

We started with Royal and liked the product so stuck with it, we did say we would vary when we hit D and then D+ but are still with them, doubt we will ever hit P so will probably try other lines in the future especially as we prefer the smaller ships and Royal seem to have a trend for bigger and bigger.