Freeport ~ Paradise Cove??

mrsg557

Hi I'm on the Carnival Liberty in April and was looking at excursions but don't like the few that Carnival offers. I've been researching some on here but haven't seen any recent threads on Paradise Cove. Anyone been there recently that booked with them? I'd love some reviews!

Thanks!

Last year my family booked a snorkel trip with Pat & Diane. When we met the driver in port, Pat called to say it was to windy & canceled our trip. The driver recommended Paradise Cove. I was nervous going somewhere I hadn't researched, but so glad we did! We took about a 15 minute drive to Paradise Cove. Once there we paid $3 per person entry fee and I think a $5 locker rental. Barry (the owner) gave us instruction & off we went. We chose to go to the left side which was very shallow. Really, to shallow. It was also very rocky getting out to where we could float. My hubby & 13yo went over to the deep part and saw much more. I stayed in the shallow part with my 8yo. Our driver had stayed to wait on us. This was the best excursion. Someone the whole family enjoyed. We are going back in May, but this time will take a boat out to the deeper water. I don't remember what we paid the driver. Sorry. Best of luck to you!

Thanks everyone! I think we are definitely doing paradise cove but not sure who to book thru now. I know some of us want to snorkel and some want just a beach day so trying to figure out and get this excursion booked!

• 3 weeks later...

My confirmation email states that the bus will pick you up at the port 1 hour after your ship docks. I booked this through the deadmansreef.com website. I paid at $19.99/pp deposit. I like that once we get there each person can choose what they want to do (an pay the balance for). I will only be doing the snorkeling but my DD and niece might want to snorkel and paddleboard.

Thanks everyone! I think we are definitely doing paradise cove but not sure who to book thru now. I know some of us want to snorkel and some want just a beach day so trying to figure out and get this excursion booked!

If you book directly through their website you can choose beach only for those who just want a beach day and snorkel for those that want to snorkel. There is a $19.99 deposit per person due at the time of booking. You can pay the balance when you get there and choose at that time what activities you want to do, and pay for accordingly.

We are only in port 7am till 1:30. Can you get a ride back whenever you chose?

I have the same port times, and really wondering what time they will pick you up at port. Their FB page says open from 10-6 daily. If that's the case, they pick us up @ say 9:30 and leave there by 12:30 to be safe. Not sure I'd want to go for just 3 hours.

I will be on the Liberty in April as well. I've heard Taino beach is nice but I'm having trouble finding info. Trying to stay positive despite all the negative comments Freeport receives.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check out Junkanoo Beach Club on Taino Beach (not to be confused w/ Junkanoo Beach in Nassau). http://www.junkanoobeachfreeport.com/

$3 entry, $3 for chair, $3 umbrella, Kayaks free 30 min w/ chair, paddleboard free 30 min w/ umbrella, snorkeling $35 for 30 min, taxi $14 p/p round trip, about a 20 min drive

I have the same port times, and really wondering what time they will pick you up at port. Their FB page says open from 10-6 daily. If that's the case, they pick us up @ say 9:30 and leave there by 12:30 to be safe. Not sure I'd want to go for just 3 hours.

I have the same port times 7:00am-1:30pm. My confirmation email says the shuttle will pick us up at 8:00am or 1 hour after we dock. Also says to disregard ship announcements about cancelled snorkeling due to weather. To always check with the shuttle driver because they are in a cove and often can still have snorkeling when others can't.

I can't comment on how good (or hopefully not bad) this excursion is because we haven't sailed yet but I will let you know in a few weeks.

And silly me...I am traveling with my DD and DH's cousin (not my DH's niece as I previously stated!

We paid $8/pp each way and it took about 15 minutes. We were in port from 8-1. Our driver waited on us, but others from the ship booked paradise cove directly. They had no issue getting back. When I went, Carnival did their excursion there. Just leave when the excursion does & you'll be fine. I am glad we went and did something at this port. It was highlight of our trip. However, if you are wanting beach day, paradise cove/deadmans reef is probably not the place unless you are hanging out on the beach. Swimming area is very rocky.

• 5 months later...
Check out Junkanoo Beach Club on Taino Beach (not to be confused w/ Junkanoo Beach in Nassau). http://www.junkanoobeachfreeport.com/

$3 entry, $3 for chair, $3 umbrella, Kayaks free 30 min w/ chair, paddleboard free 30 min w/ umbrella, snorkeling $35 for 30 min, taxi $14 p/p round trip, about a 20 min drive

that URL is empty?

• 8 months later...

How was it?

I have the same port times 7:00am-1:30pm. My confirmation email says the shuttle will pick us up at 8:00am or 1 hour after we dock. Also says to disregard ship announcements about cancelled snorkeling due to weather. To always check with the shuttle driver because they are in a cove and often can still have snorkeling when others can't.

I can't comment on how good (or hopefully not bad) this excursion is because we haven't sailed yet but I will let you know in a few weeks.

And silly me...I am traveling with my DD and DH's cousin (not my DH's niece as I previously stated!

• 2 weeks later...