Help! I am torn between two caribbean cruises, can't decide

My head is hurting I have spent that much time researching these cruises. I am looking at carnival cruises out of Miami in April. I have the option of the Eastern Caribbean on the Glory or the Southern on the Vista. The Vista is more expensive but I can' t decide which itinerary. Eastern is Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel. Southern is Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao and Aruba. Does anyone have any useful information on either the ships or ports that might help sway my decision? I love the idea of visiting Mayan Ruins but would prefer to be on a newer ship, that said I sailed on the Fascination last year and we had a good time. I'm just fed up now and can't come to a decision!

I have not been on either of the ships but would choose the Vista and the southern itinerary. Grand Turk is nice, Aruba is great and Curacao is beautiful. Want to go to Dominica too! It is easy to find eastern and western cruises. This is a nice southern itinerary without having to fly to San Juan. I vote Vista.

My head is hurting I have spent that much time researching these cruises. I am looking at carnival cruises out of Miami in April. I have the option of the Eastern Caribbean on the Glory or the Southern on the Vista. The Vista is more expensive but I can' t decide which itinerary. Eastern is Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel. Southern is Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao and Aruba. Does anyone have any useful information on either the ships or ports that might help sway my decision? I love the idea of visiting Mayan Ruins but would prefer to be on a newer ship, that said I sailed on the Fascination last year and we had a good time. I'm just fed up now and can't come to a decision!

That would be a WESTERN ... not an Eastern.

Dear P.M. ; Which itinerary you choose by researching the different islands ahead of time should help you make up your mind on which one to take. See what each port has to offer and not only thru the ships guest services. We just returned last month from Jamaica, Cayman Island, and Cozumel which of course is one of the ports on just about any Western cruise. I haven’t researched the Glory but I have the Vista and can’t wait till we are on it in Sept when it gets to Texas. That might be another thought also, after Sept. 15th or so the Vista will be rotating to Galveston to start with a Dec. 23 cruise to the same place we just got back from. We leave the next week for Honduras, Belize and you guessed it Cozumel. You have a hard decision to make, more exotic islands in the south on smaller not as luxurious Glory and older or go see the Mayan Ruins and visit the 7-Mile beach in Cayman where the water is gorgeous and enjoy the luxury of the Vista before it leaves Florida for a few years in rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 The eastern you mentioned is in fact a western itinerary.

2 Western itineraries are far easier to find/book then a southern.

3 The Vista is a newer ship with more to offer.

4 we'd pick the southern on the Vista, but the western on the Glory is good too!

• 5 weeks later...

If you've never been Western it's nice once or twice. After that it gets pretty monotonous. We've been to Cozumel a number of times and it gets a little old. If you choose different excursions it's a nice way to spice it up and it is different every time. I would go Western this time, then Southern or Eastern next time. (or vice versa)

The Western is truly a lot easier to get, with both Galveston and New Orleans having ships that make it a common route. We have visited Aruba and Curacao on a cruise and would love to return some day. The Western has some beautiful places and friendly people too, but if I was making this choice it would be Vista.

Southern! Eastern is offered all the time, far easier to book in the future! Added the Southern is just better!;p

Great question! So I have been on the Glory and we had a fantastic time! The ship is older than the new VISTA so obvious why the price difference. We did all of those itinerary and you just have to choose which one you want to do first and I say that because you will be back..LOL we were hooked! The Vista will blow you away as far as how the ship looks and that might hurt your decision for future cruising! I would review the ports and see what you absolutely want to do first! Or you can be real simple about it and put all the ports in a hat and pick one out and there you go that's your cruise!!

Definitely the Southern Caribbean cruise. All 4 ports are beautiful, especially Curacao and Aruba. I haven't been the Glory or Vista but have been on sister ships of Glory. On the Eastern cruise Grand Cayman is the best port. Belize not so much. Mahogany Bay is a great place to spend the day with great beach and several shops and at least one restaurant. Or you can do an excursion and see more of Honduras. I have been to all of these ports - some several times - and Southern is the best!

• 4 weeks later...

Do BOTH!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any cruise is a good cruise in my book! However if I had to choose between the 2 itineraries listed, I would definitely pick Southern! As others have said, Western Caribbean cruises are a dime a dozen. But whatever you decide you will have a great time I'm sure!

• 4 weeks later...

A southern itinerary without having to fly to San Juan trumps a western anytime!

The western itinerary is so much more common and I have found many families like the route with all of the snorkeling opportunities, but the beaches on the southern route are much nicer (with the exception of Grand Cayman).

I'd agree with GZ, of those listed, we'd choose southern, but would add for future thought,,,

Our preferred list would be,, ,

1 Southern route through an island, more port stops to places you rarely go.

2 Southern route from a US port, not as many ports, but less expensive then #1.

3 Eastern '4' port route.

4 Med. cruise. (we choose Caribbean beaches over Euro history)

5 Euro river cruise. (we choose Euro history over river cruise luxury)

• 3 weeks later...

Are you cruising by yourself? Couple? Kids? I feel like it really depends on how much you want to be on the ship and how many excursions or days in port you will enjoy off the ship. We have young kids and we often enjoy the port days on the ship when it is practically deserted. Our kids don't enjoy walking a lot or learning about history and culture. Therefore, we would put more emphasis on the ship and what it has to offer. If you plan on spending a lot of time on shore, pick the better itinirary.