Ncl ships with out Studio cabins

pebbles1102

The Solo program on the older ships that do not have Studio cabins is no different. I just happen to prefer the older ships so I have participated on several ships. Check the daily Freestyle Paper for the time to meet up each evening. The Solo host will set up daily dinners in the Main Dining Rooms and in some cases, if there is interest, for the Specialty Dining Rooms.

Sometimes the Solo Host schedules additional activities that are optional, of course. On my recent Gem cruise, the host scheduled 4 breakfasts in the Main Dining Room and some trivia sessions.

Edited by IrieBajan54
change words

In Jan. I was on Spirit and the solos met every night at 7pm in Galaxy and the host either made us a reservation in one of the dining rooms or we went as a group and lined up. Got in quickly. There were 8-12 of us most nights. Some had specialty dining here and there. It was the best arrangement so far. Twice I was on Jade about 5 years ago and no effort was made for the solos. Back on Jade in Sept. Will look for change.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

As mentioned, there will be a solo gathering noted in the Free Style daily. Depends on the cruise what activities may or may not happen.

Frankly, I think some people have expectations that are not realistic with solo travel. I don't expect ANYTHING. I make my own plans with my travels, and never expect anything more. It was disturbing for me, as example on the Jade seeing a fellow solo- berating the solo host, at every opportunity with unfavorable comparisons. Reported all kinds of nonsense. Problem was, she took this as entitlement and unfortunately NCL tried to placate her, "rewarding" her with extras, that she bragged about.

I think it depends on the sailing. My experience on Jade a few years ago was that the "Solo Travellers Gathering" comprised me (the solo traveller) and whichever member of the Entertainments Team was on that night.

On the plus side, I learnt a great deal about what it's like to work on a cruise ship. :):)

• 3 months later...

( this is not my native language ) On the Epic and bigger you have a living room as meeting point . In the daily is a time given to meet - outside or inside the living room . The is the posebilety to make appoinments … to go together at lunch or theater or adventure room and so on and you have thre a white board for make notices . I love this room .. I spend some night with new friends by talking

sorry , it was with out … Then its your turn to look among the others … on the daily you find a lot of tips to spend your time , if you are not to want to sit on the waterfront or in the leather armchairs near the smoking bar ( the are cosy ! )

• 3 weeks later...