EZ Air Questions to Sydney on Quantis

I’ve started looking at flights from San Francisco to Sydney with Ez Air & found a non stop flight on Quantis. When I look at available seats all of the seats that are available are marked with a P which means Premium & it says to contact the airlines to purchase a premium seat.

Anyone had any experience with this & if so what happened?

With Ez Air can you talk with someone at Princess that handles Ez Air?

Tom😎

I wouldn't expect only premium seats to be available. But when I used ezair you look at the flight options and prices before you get to seats, and make a booking on the first two. So I'm not sure why the above should appear, until you've already made a booking.

I believe calling Princess you should be able to speak with the flight/ezair team. That's been the case in Australia, but not sure if the same in the US.

with booking flights with EZair you have to book the flights and then sign into Qantas and then pick your seats but if the flight is code share you wont be able to pick your seats until you check in

book the flexible air if you can because no need to pay for the flights until you make a final payment and if the price drops you can get the cheaper price up till 45 days before departure

if you take the restricted flight option any price drops on the cruise you wont be able to get that option because you cant cancel and rebook the cruise....flexible air is the better option

Thanks to everyone for your reply’s. I used EZ Air before but when I was able to see the seat map all that was available was premium & a note at the top that I needed to call Quantis airlines thus my question as to other peoples experiences & if that saw the same thing I did.

Tom😎

When I click on “Choose Seats” the only option is seats marked with a P with the following “Premium Seat (Call Airline) ”. There is no other option to purchase any other kind of seat. I get the same results with my return flight on Cathy Pacific. No drop down list.

I went onto Quantis site & there is a $30 charge to pre-purchase my seat which surprised me.

All of this a reason to have Princess take me through the steps including seat assignments.

Has anyone been able to talk directly with someone in Ez Air at Princess?

Tom😎

Maybe it's putting P up to denote any seat where a fee applies. That's correct that Qantas charge a fee for seat reservation. Cathay also do for certain booking classes (cheapest economy if that's what you're looking).

In which case just skip that step, make the booking and then if you want to pay the fee to reserve a seat you can do that after.

A response from someone on our March 2019 on the Majestic from Sydney to Hong Kong reports that after 40 minutes with someone from EZ Air on Princess they found them a nice discount that they hadn’t found by themselves.

Tom😎