Bacrelona/Montserrat Full Day Tour

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:48 AM.
Oregon, USA
10,745 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Barcelona & Montserrat – combination day tour - 99 euros

See all the major attractions of Barcelona and visit the site of Montserrat – all in one day of travel!
If you wish to enjoy a full day excursion that covers all the main highlights in and around Barcelona – this is the tour for you! This is a day packed with sights which includes all the main highlights of Barcelona as well as a visit to the famous site of Montserrat, with its great mountain-top views as well as its impressive Basilica.

Anyone interested in joining us? More information can be found at: http://www.BarcelonaDayTours.com. Our tour is the second one on the left of the website: http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/barcelona-montserat/

If you would like to be included in this "not to be missed" tour of Barcelona/Montserrat, please contact me at [email protected]. We have room for 8 more people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lynda
Venice, FL
166 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Lynda90
Barcelona & Montserrat – combination day tour - 99 euros

See all the major attractions of Barcelona and visit the site of Montserrat – all in one day of travel!
If you wish to enjoy a full day excursion that covers all the main highlights in and around Barcelona – this is the tour for you! This is a day packed with sights which includes all the main highlights of Barcelona as well as a visit to the famous site of Montserrat, with its great mountain-top views as well as its impressive Basilica.

Anyone interested in joining us? More information can be found at: http://www.BarcelonaDayTours.com. Our tour is the second one on the left of the website: http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/barcelona-montserat/

If you would like to be included in this "not to be missed" tour of Barcelona/Montserrat, please contact me at [email protected]. We have room for 8 more people.
I sent an e-mail. We would love to join this tour.
Oregon, USA
10,745 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by larryandregina
I sent an e-mail. We would love to join this tour.
Welcome! I have added you to the tour!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lynda
Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
18,753 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Hi Lynda...we enjoyed a similar tour in December & thought I'd share a few things with you.

We had too much time at Montserrat & if we had waited for the choir's noon performance it would have left even less time for the remainder of our busy tour. The cable car wasn't open yet (extra fee) so they drove us there & departed on the other side of the mountain. We too got a group rate & expedited entrance at Sagrada Familia which cost about €15/pp & the interior is now mostly completed. Gruel Park was nice & to minimize crowds sometime this year they plan to charge a fee to enter.

It was a busy day & to return to the ship on time it was a brisk walk down La Rambla. The modern cruise terminal was very efficient & we had a great day in Barcelona.
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
3,325 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by Astro Flyer
Hi Lynda...we enjoyed a similar tour in December & thought I'd share a few things with you.

We had too much time at Montserrat & if we had waited for the choir's noon performance it would have left even less time for the remainder of our busy tour. The cable car wasn't open yet (extra fee) so they drove us there & departed on the other side of the mountain. We too got a group rate & expedited entrance at Sagrada Familia which cost about €15/pp & the interior is now mostly completed. Gruel Park was nice & to minimize crowds sometime this year they plan to charge a fee to enter.

It was a busy day & to return to the ship on time it was a brisk walk down La Rambla. The modern cruise terminal was very efficient & we had a great day in Barcelona.
Hi Frank! I have arranged the same tour as Lynda. So I am curious - would there be a way to structure the day in order to include the choir at noon without wasting too much time? I really want to hear the choir, but not at the expense of the rest of the tour! Any suggestions you have would be appreciated!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Looking Forward To:
June 2018: Baltic Heritage - Sapphire Princess
June 2018: Norwegian Fjords & Summer Solstice - Sapphire Princess
Feb 2019: Antartica (Celebrity Eclipse)

Chris and Jackie's Happy Trails (so far):
2017 - Hawaii (Celebrity Solstice) & land vacation; 2016 - British Isles/Transatlantic (Caribbean Princess);2015 - Caribbean (Brilliance of the Seas); 2014 - Christmas Markets land trip (Paris, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna), 2014 - Panama Canal Full Transit (Island Princes) 2013 - Maiden TA Crossing (Royal Princess), 2013 - Caribbean (Ruby Princess); 2012 - Bermuda (HAL Veendam YUCK); 2012 - Hawaiian Islands (Sapphire Princess); 2011 - Canada/New England (Caribbean Princess); 2011 - Panama Canal Full Transit (Coral Princess); 2010 - Caribbean (Ruby Princess); 2010 - Transatlantic (Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen) (Star Princess); 2009 - Mexican Riviera (Sapphire Princess); 2009 - Coastal Vancouver to LA (Sapphire Princess); 2009 - Alaskan Sampler (Sapphire Princess); 2009 Caribbean (repositioning San Juan to NYC) (Caribbean Princess); 2008 - Mediterranean/Greek Isles (Grand Princess); 2007 - Caribbean (Crown Princess) 2007 - Southern Caribbean (Constellation) ; 2006 Grand Mediterranean (25th anniversary) (Grand Princess); 2005 - Eastern Caribbean (Caribbean Princess); 2004 First Mediterranean Cruise (Brilliance of the Seas) ; 2004 - Eastern Caribbean (Golden Princess); 2002 - Western Caribbean (Grand Princess); 1981 Honeymoon Caribbean cruise on the first Carnival cruise ship (Carnival)
18,753 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by High C's
Hi Frank! I have arranged the same tour as Lynda. So I am curious - would there be a way to structure the day in order to include the choir at noon without wasting too much time? I really want to hear the choir, but not at the expense of the rest of the tour! Any suggestions you have would be appreciated!
We were there on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (12/8) which was on a Saturday when the choir does not normally perform. Because it was a holy day they were performing at noon but none of us wanted to wait for it despite the urging of our tourguide.

We were there for at least 1 1/2 hours which was too long for our group & maybe an hour would be plenty of time. Our group was going to take the cable car to the top but again being a Saturday it opened too late to use that option. If we had stayed less time then our other stops would have been less rushed.

The only way I could see having enough time to hear the choir would possibly be to eliminate the walk down La Rambla which wasn't that interesting to me if your group wants to hear the choir. Based on our route from the pier to Montserrat you couldn't go to Gruel Park or La Sagrada Familia which are in central Barcelona.

The CC member who organized our tour collected the money for La Sagrada Familia & by getting a group rate one person was free. We agreed to use that money to buy some Spanish wines for our group to enjoy during sailaway on our larger BA balcony.

This was our experience & others may feel differently about a wonderful if busy day in Barcelona. . We'll just walk to La Rambla, the Barri Gotic area & maybe the harbor-front area while on the Royal.
Oregon, USA
10,745 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by Astro Flyer

Frank, thanks for the information. Our tour is scheduled to end at 5PM and tour participants have the choice of going directly back to the ship or being dropped off at La Rambla. I also did this tour a couple of years ago and it was just a fabulous day. We did see the choir and I don't remember that it interfered with the day. But, as I say it was a couple of years ago.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lynda
18,753 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by Lynda90
Frank, thanks for the information. Our tour is scheduled to end at 5PM and tour participants have the choice of going directly back to the ship or being dropped off at La Rambla. I also did this tour a couple of years ago and it was just a fabulous day. We did see the choir and I don't remember that it interfered with the day. But, as I say it was a couple of years ago.
That's great you were able to see the choir & had enough time for everything else. If that worked a couple of years ago then see no reason why it shouldn't work again. Our 'all aboard' time was 4:30 but we decided to get back by 4:00 & going in October instead of December you shouldn't have to bundle up like we did at Montserrat.
Oregon, USA
10,745 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
There are just two openings remaining on this tour!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lynda