Any give-back (volunteer time) cruises available?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:14 PM.
United States
3 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Has anyone ever heard of a cruise where you can do some volunteer service during your stop at one of the ports? We wanted our cruise to be fun, as usual, but also to give back to the islands and people a little bit, too.
Florida
2,975 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by eule42986
Has anyone ever heard of a cruise where you can do some volunteer service during your stop at one of the ports? We wanted our cruise to be fun, as usual, but also to give back to the islands and people a little bit, too.

Crystal offers this - I was just reading about it. If you google theme cruising, there is a site that talks about three new places that were added in 2014 - UK, Iceland, and Ghana. I thought I read that it was there intension to offer one of these excursions with every cruise.

PS: this is listed under miscellaneous theme cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises
2017 RCCL Navigator of the Seas (9 day Southern - Christmas Cruise)
2018 RCCL Radiance of the Seas (10 day Alaska Land/Cruise - Southbound)

Completed Crusies
2013 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas (6 day Bermuda) Review AO Daily Planners
2014 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas (8 day Bahamas - Thanksgiving Cruise) Review & AO Daily Planners
2015 RCCL Freedom of the Seas (7 day Western - Thanksgiving Cruise)
2016 RCCL Harmony of the Seas (7 day Western - Thanksgiving Cruise) Review, Compasses and AO & Teen Planners
USA
2,343 Posts
Joined May 2004
opportunity.

I'll be going on Xpedition soon and will try to remember to ask about it and post again upon my return.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
7 continents and 56 countries (so far) in my "Around a Big World with a Small Bladder" quest.

North America: 39 of the 50 states of the USA
Europe: Netherlands, September 2006
South America: Argentina, January 2007
Antarctica: Antarctic Peninsula, January 2007 (cruise)
Africa: South Africa, June 2008
Australia: Sydney, Tasmania, etc. February, 2009 (cruise)
Asia: Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, March 2009 (cruise)
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador: June, 2015. (cruise and land)
1,076 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Fathom has just started up as well. It's purpose is to do volunteer work at its ports of call (presently just Dominican). CC has a thread for it under A-O
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HAL: Mexican Riviera Cruise, December 20, 2015

HAL: Mediterranean Cruise, July 17, 2016
United States
24 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
I just saw that Carnival is offering an expedition like this in Progreso for our Dec cruise. You go to a local church and then either go to an orphanage or local school.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature