Labadee - Quiet - Amiga Island?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:12 PM.
Nova Scotia
1,666 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by disneynan
I didn't know if that would be allowed, and I still don't. I did put one small shell in my bag and brought it home.
I don't think this is allowed .. Imagine if half of each ship just took one little shell. There would be no beach
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Sensation 2008
Celebrity Constellation Panama canal 2010
Celebrity Solstice TA 2012
Celebrity Solstice Western Med. 2012
Celebrity Reflection 2013
Oasis of the Seas 2013
Celebrity Infinity TA Oct. 24 2013
Celebrity Century Panama Canal Jan. 5 2014
Celebrity Constellation TA Nov. 5 2014
Celebrity Equinox Jan. 12 2015
Celebrity Infinity Mar 13 2016
SAILING

Celebrity Reflection Jan28 2017
229 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Originally posted by Lessa123
So, I found a bunch of videos of Amiga Island on youtube!!! It looks AMAZING! Check these out

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...a+island+haiti
Thanks much for the Heads Up Debbie We leave in a week and we will be in Labadee and we are going to do the Zip Line. We were there last year and we could not find anyone to make a video so I am going to find someone this year or I just might do it myself. Thanks again
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

251 Posts
Joined May 2007
Seriously this was the most overpriced excursion I have ever been on!
$69 to go to a boring island with no fish and tons of plastic & beer bottles in the water.
No food...one drink with no liquor..the entire stop was awful!
Compare this with excursions like Woodwind/Bonaire where you get a full day on a Cat with food & drinks!
Huge ripoff!...
Never again..
MetroWest Boston, MA
613 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
We just did this a week ago. Yes, it may be a little overpriced, but when you consider how much it costs to do other "excursions" (activities) on Labadee, it wasn't that bad. We had a great time -- it was a getaway to a little paradise island. I will agree with the above that there isn't food, and you only get one included-drink out of it... and yes, the island could use a bit of a quick clean up.... but it was a fun 20-minute boat ride from the pier to the island; the island itself looked like a mini Gilligan's island -- tons of sand and water to swim in; we didn't partake in the bar beyond the included drink, but you could if you really want. We just relished in how serene and quiet it was (especially compared with the rest of Labadee, where we couldn't even find a spec of beach to put our towels and bags). We didn't try to snorkel around there -- it didn't seem like there was much around to see, but it was just a nice peaceful place to get away from the mobs of people.

We walked the entire little island. Again, yes, it could stand to have someone go around and clean up sadly discarded trash (whether it was left there by past visitors or washed ashore)... but there was lots of great shells, sand and water to walk around.

We had a great 2 hours.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CRUISING HISTORY

Royal Caribbean - 8 Sailings:
Enchantment (4/24/2008), Oasis (2/19/2011), Adventure (4/14/2013), Enchantment (1/30/2015), Allure (6/21/2015), Adventure (5/21/2016), Allure (2/19/2017), Oasis (7/30/2017)

Disney - 7 Sailings:
Magic (4/18/2009), Dream (10/9/2011), Dream (7/27/2012), Wonder (4/23/2014), Fantasy (8/15/2015), Dream (12/19/2016), Dream (12/19/2016)

Future Sailings:
Disney (1/2018), RCL Radiance of the Seas (6/2018)
321 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
We went on Indy in Dec of 2013 and did the private sandbar excursion. It stopped at an island that looks just like Amiga. However, there were no chairs, hammocks, no bar, and no "outhouse" type bathroom. My question is...is Amiga what use to be the sandbar private island stop? We enjoyed that excursion even though only 1 HR on the island. We are going back this Dec. and have booked Amiga mainly because it has the hammocks and chairs and shade...plus hoping for the 2 hrs Versus the 1 Hr we had before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[
Toronto
17 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Amiga is a separate excursion from Sandbar getaway. At Amiga, you have use of the whole island, including the chairs and shade, and facilities. The people on the Sandbar getaway moored offshore and just used a small portion of the beach that I seem to recall was roped off. We were very happy we chose Amiga as our excursion on our Jan. 2016 cruise as we had the whole island to explore. It was very new at that time.
Florida
234 Posts
Joined May 2010
Are you able to use the purchased beverage package on the island?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oasis of the Seas Oct 2017
Adventure of the Seas Nov 2016
Majesty of the Seas Aug 2016
Independence of the Seas Nov 2015
Vision of the Seas Oct 2014
Enchantment of the Seas Nov 2013
Carnival Breeze Nov 2012
Jewel of the Seas : Dec 2011
NCL Pearl :Oct 2010
Monarch of the Seas : Aug 2010
Carnival Inspiration : Dec 2009
Enchantment of the Seas : May 2009
Carnival Sensation : Aug 2008
Enchantment of the Seas : Feb 2008
Sovereign of the Seas : July 2007
Big Red Boat March 1993

New Hampshire
39 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
No, you cannot use the beverage package on Amiga island. There is a cash bar for some rum drinks. Very limited but awesome service! The waiters walk right out into the water to take your empties and bring you drinks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Freedom of the Seas 2/26/2017
Oasis of the Seas 9/24/2016
Oasis of the Seas 2/20/2016
Independence of the Seas 2/22/2015
Enchantment of the Seas 9/29/2014

[
43 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by azzy
Seriously this was the most overpriced excursion I have ever been on!
$69 to go to a boring island with no fish and tons of plastic & beer bottles in the water.
No food...one drink with no liquor..the entire stop was awful!
Compare this with excursions like Woodwind/Bonaire where you get a full day on a Cat with food & drinks!
Huge ripoff!...
Never again..
So... With all the hype I'm reading through all the pages, and then I come across this one. What?! So is the island dirty - plastic & bear bottles in the water. Nothing truly exciting about this excursion? Has it become run down since over the years since people first began posting, or is it still a good option?
511 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by cruzingduo
Can you bring back a few sand dollars & shells? Could you bring them on the ship?
Living near the beach as a child, I learned that when collecting shells, make sure there are no critters in them or once they die, the shell wreaks! BTW, I have brought back shells from all over the world. In fact, that is how I used to abbreviate my time in customs by heading to lines where you had to declare something. (Always shorter than the others). When I showed the agents my shells, they just laughed and waved me on through.
FL
1 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Has anybody been on this excursion recently? I am going on the Allure in Sept. 2017 and wanted to make sure the island still looked like in the pictures. Is it still clean and calm, or full of trash? Also, I read that the Columbus Cove beach on Labadee is nice as well. Is it just as nice as Amiga Island? I have a limited budget for excursions so I don't want to book Amiga if I would get a similar water and beach experience at Columbus Cove.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
43 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by IslandFamilyTime
Has anybody been on this excursion recently? I am going on the Allure in Sept. 2017 and wanted to make sure the island still looked like in the pictures. Is it still clean and calm, or full of trash? Also, I read that the Columbus Cove beach on Labadee is nice as well. Is it just as nice as Amiga Island? I have a limited budget for excursions so I don't want to book Amiga if I would get a similar water and beach experience at Columbus Cove.

I was just on Labadee this past Thursday, and while I cannot tell you anything about Amiga Island, I would say "save your money" because Columbus Cove beach is beautiful. I found no reason whatsoever to spend additional money on Labadee. There are so many places to go, and things to do, on Labadee. And Columbus Cove, while a bit crowded, met every expectation. You won't be disappointed.
3 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by IslandFamilyTime

I just got back from a cruise on Anthem of the Seas. We took the excursion to Amiga island. It was wonderful. The island is nice and shaded and lots of lounge furniture. The boat takes you right up to the island. There is no dock so you have to step in the water. They help you. The staff is so nice. The water is so calm and so clear. All the shells that wash up are whole shells not in broken pieces.
3 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
I just got back from a cruise on Anthem of the Seas. We took the excursion to Amiga island. It was wonderful. The island is nice and shaded and lots of lounge furniture. The boat takes you right up to the island. There is no dock so you have to step in the water. They help you. The staff is so nice. The water is so calm and so clear. All the shells that wash up are whole shells not in broken pieces.
Lima, Peru
70 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
We've just reserved this excursion for our new year cruise. Looking forward to it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Allure of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - 11/December/2016