any food at 3 p.m.?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Viking Ocean
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:51 PM.
145 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
due to our air flights and transfers to ship from JFK we are assuming we will be aboard at about 3p.m. will there be any food available at that time? Since we will be flying from 5 a.m. till 1 p.m. by 3 it will be a little hungry.
Tucson, AZ
343 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
It sounds like you are flying into JFK on the embarkation day. Unless the ship is overnighting in NYC, you are gambling that your flights will not be cancelled or delayed, not a bet that I would want to make. We always plan to arrive a day before embarkation. It saves a lot of worry and anguish. For our first Viking cruise in December, we are paying the air deviation fee in order to be there early.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ed And Mary Ellen from sunny Tucson, AZ

Boston MA
6,287 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by 2martinis
due to our air flights and transfers to ship from JFK we are assuming we will be aboard at about 3p.m. will there be any food available at that time? Since we will be flying from 5 a.m. till 1 p.m. by 3 it will be a little hungry.
Yes. Look for light fare in the Living Room Bar on Deck 1 and in Mamsen's on Deck 7. I can't remember if room service is available on embarkation day. There is also afternoon tea in Wintergarden at 4pm with tea, scones and finger sandwiches.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar." Antonio Machado
Expand for links to links to photos and more.
The high value put upon every minute of time, the idea of hurry-hurry as the most important objective of living, is unquestionably the most dangerous enemy of joy Herman Hesse

Click on the links below for photos

AT SEA: 1983/NCL Caribbean ~ 1985/Premier DisneyWorld+Cruise ~ 1997/NCL Alaska ~ 2000/Renaissance Istanbul to Athens ~ 2001/Celebrity Horizon Southern Caribbean ~ 200?/NCL Boston to Bermuda ~ 2005/Celebrity Zenith Central America/Western Caribbean ~ 2006/RCCL L.A. to Ensenada ~2007/Celebrity Century Scandinavia & Baltic Capitals ~2009/Celebrity Infinity South America around the Horn ~ 2016/Viking Sea Midnight Sun ~ 2016/Viking Sea NYE on the Med

RIVER DAYS: 2010/Viking River Cruises "China's Cultural Delights" ~ 2013/Viking "Footsteps of the Cossacks" ~ 2015/Viking "Passage to Eastern Europe"

Save
251 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by Richard2
I know of one website that has published a complete set of the daily schedules for an Oct. 2016 cruise:

http://www.beyondships2.com/viking-s...-programs.html

Details may change, but it looks very similar to our most recent cruise, which was June 2017. On the back page, the hours for all dining locations are listed.
Thanks. This gives some good information that we haven't seen elsewhere and answered a couple of questions I was going to ask.
Pennsylvania, USA
105 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
24/7 room service!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Eaglewatchers (Candy and David)

Viking Homelands (on Viking Star), July, 2015
Tulips and Windmills (on Viking Bragi), Mar-April, 2016
Romantic Danube (Viking Jarl) May, 2017
Grand Pacific Explorer (Viking Spirit) 2019
Massachusetts
49 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
I am presently on the Viking Sea. The Pool Grill is open dailyuntil 5:00 PM and serves burgers, hot dogs. Ruebens, salads and other food. Iate here on my first day on this and my cruise on Star last year. It is very popular.