Adonia - is she going again?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:04 AM.
Devon, UK
4,388 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
[quote=grapau27;54039410]Thats true.
P&O like Royal Caribbean are going for bigger ships and RC have sold some of their smaller ships and because P&O sold Adonia once as their smallest ship it would not surprise me if it happened again and the new P&O brochure i received direct from P&O last week showing the last cruise as 23rd February 2018 certainly adds to the confusion.

That's interesting, because the only new brochure I have is for 2019. We are booked on Adonia on Music festival at Sea on 30th March 2018. There are cruises right through to March 2019 on their website.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Whitley Bay, North East England
6,558 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
We are now going over the same grand again. This was said earlier in the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Aurora AU112 Arcadia AR223
Aurora R418 Aurora R419
Adonia F507 Adonia F508
Aurora R525 Arcadia J625
Oceana E721 Oriana X718
Arcadia J813 Oriana X820
Ventura N902 Aurora R913
Arcadia J004 Oceana E021
Ventura N110 Azura A121
Aurora R119 Ventura N210
Arcadia J217 Oriana X302
Oriana X312 Aurora R315
Oceana E402 Azura A409
Azura A410 Oceana E425
Oceana E426 Arcadia J510
Britannia B522 Britannia B523
Ventura N603 Azura A616
Arcadia J615 Arcadia J616
Oceana E625 Crown Princess May 17
Britannia B719 Britannia B720

To Come

Azura 17
Azura 17
Ventura 18
Oriana 18
Oriana 18
Ventura 19
Ventura 19
Britannia 19
Ventura 9
Ventura 19

Gan Canny

Dai
Batehaven, Australia
10,090 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by grapau27
Thats true.
P&O like Royal Caribbean are going for bigger ships and RC have sold some of their smaller ships and because P&O sold Adonia once as their smallest ship it would not surprise me if it happened again and the new P&O brochure i received direct from P&O last week showing the last cruise as 23rd February 2018 certainly adds to the confusion.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app
Carnival Corporation is the 'parent company' that owns P&O and many other lines, inc Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Costa etc. Carnival Corp moves their vast fleet to wherever they want to. P&O Australia last year got 2 ships from Holland America and so on. So as has been said P&O don't have much of a say.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Sunderland England
5,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by NSWP
Carnival Corporation is the 'parent company' that owns P&O and many other lines, inc Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Costa etc. Carnival Corp moves their vast fleet to wherever they want to. P&O Australia last year got 2 ships from Holland America and so on. So as has been said P&O don't have much of a say.
Your​ right, Carnival have the power to decide what ship each cruise line uses.

Batehaven, Australia
10,090 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Your​ right, Carnival have the power to decide what ship each cruise line uses.

I don't want to cause a drama, but I was reading on a Adonia roll call that someone was currently on Adonia and future cruise sales staff were taking no Adonia bookings for 2018/2019. The cruise sales staff allegedly said a decision would be made in 3 weeks. That worries me hugely having paid out for airfares. But if Adonia does leave P&O UK I truly hope D812 and D813 sail, I can fit in a couple more Sapphire Princess cruises into my window.

Let us all say a prayer for Adonia.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..

Sunderland England
5,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
I don't want to cause a drama, but I was reading on a Adonia roll call that someone was currently on Adonia and future cruise sales staff were taking no Adonia bookings for 2018/2019. The cruise sales staff allegedly said a decision would be made in 3 weeks. That worries me hugely having paid out for airfares. But if Adonia does leave P&O UK I truly hope D812 and D813 sail, I can fit in a couple more Sapphire Princess cruises into my window.

I received the new brochure,
January 2018-October 2019 direct from P&O and cruise D804 a 14 night Caribbean cruise is the last Adonia cruise showing which backs up your information.

Sunderland England
5,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
I received the new brochure,
January 2018-October 2019 direct from P&O and cruise D804 a 14 night Caribbean cruise is the last Adonia cruise showing which backs up your information.

On the back cover of this brochure it says Published in September 2017 so it is the very latest brochure.

Devon, UK
4,388 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Hmm and mine is D806 - I shall be extremely disappointed if that is cancelled. I canlt believe they have all those 2018 cruises on the website if that is the case.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Sunderland England
5,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by jeanlyon
Hmm and mine is D806 - I shall be extremely disappointed if that is cancelled. I canlt believe they have all those 2018 cruises on the website if that is the case.
Personally i hope the brochure is wrong and you get your cruise.
Good luck.

Batehaven, Australia
10,090 Posts
Joined Mar 2006

Have a read on Adonia Roll Calls from HELEN HENRY on 12 Sept 2017 aboard Adonia, under topic - Adonia D822. I don't want to believe it, but I might have to.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Devon, UK
4,388 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
I messaged P&O on Facebook and asked if my cruise D806 was confirmed and this is the response I got which doesn't make me feel any better at all

"At present we are still finalising Adonia's full itinerary so more information about this will follow in the next few weeks. Please rest assured that any changes we make, whether this is itinerary, ship based or otherwise, are always communicated to guests as soon as they happen."
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Sunderland England
5,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
I messaged P&O on Facebook and asked if my cruise D806 was confirmed and this is the response I got which doesn't make me feel any better at all

"At present we are still finalising Adonia's full itinerary so more information about this will follow in the next few weeks. Please rest assured that any changes we make, whether this is itinerary, ship based or otherwise, are always communicated to guests as soon as they happen."
I'm sorry to hear that response from P&O which doesn't sound to promising.
I hope they look after you and everyone else who has booked Adonia if Carnival withdraw her from P&O.

Devon, UK
4,388 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Not to mention the single trip insurance I bought for this cruise!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Sunderland England
5,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Not to mention the single trip insurance I bought for this cruise!!
Hopefully the insurance might cover any other losses if Adonia is withdrawn.

Devon, UK
4,388 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
I don't think my travel insurance will cover me for P&O cancelling the cruise?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Sunderland England
5,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
I don't think my travel insurance will cover me for P&O cancelling the cruise?
If you have flights,hotels etc it is worth checking your insurance as well as your credit cards section 75 cover.
Hopefully your cruise​ might not be affected but it pays to check how you can be reimbursed.

Devon, UK
4,388 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
I have no flights or hotels and obviously P&O will refund our deposit if it is cancelled. However, I shall have to ask the travel insurance if they can change the dates. Fred Olsen have a very similar cruise overnighting in Seville and Bordeaux, so we would try for that. Have to wait and see.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jean

Batehaven, Australia
10,090 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
So we wait with baited breath. I booked business class airfares Syd - LHR a couple of months ago and we will be proceeding anyway as have a wedding to attend in the Cotswolds pre cruise and have booked a Princess Cruise, pre Adonia. So there might be some more Princess cruises being booked to fill a void if Adonia leaves the P&O Fleet.

I just wish P&O would hurry up and make their minds up. It sure does impact on us folk from overseas who have already forked out a lot of money for flights - accommodation etc. We need to make alternative travel arrangements.

Thanks to you all for your comments and support.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Scotland
778 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Travel companies, and I don't just mean P&O here, don't seem to bother about the inconvenience or knock on costs for customers when they cancel or change things.

Because there are limited destinations for scheduled flights or even that many charters from Scotland we often have to do a double drop via a London airport to go on fly cruises/ river or tours. This means that the odd time that things get cancelled or dates changed we have been left with uselss hotel stays and internal UK flights so I sympathise with you re the cost of a potentially wasted long haul flight.

For the same reason we now have annual travel insurance so that any changes don't affect that at least.

Hopefully there is confirmation for those potentially affected, one way or the other, very soon.
Sunderland England
5,185 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by Eglesbrech
Travel companies, and I don't just mean P&O here, don't seem to bother about the inconvenience or knock on costs for customers when they cancel or change things.

Because there are limited destinations for scheduled flights or even that many charters from Scotland we often have to do a double drop via a London airport to go on fly cruises/ river or tours. This means that the odd time that things get cancelled or dates changed we have been left with uselss hotel stays and internal UK flights so I sympathise with you re the cost of a potentially wasted long haul flight.

For the same reason we now have annual travel insurance so that any changes don't affect that at least.

Hopefully there is confirmation for those potentially affected, one way or the other, very soon.
I wonder if bookings are still being taken for Adonia after February 23rd 2018?.
If they are withdrawing Adonia why wait 3 weeks as a poster said just announce it now so people can change their plans?.