***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:26 AM.
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
We did not get any more rain yesterday. But like you said it sure looked like it was. I guess today we are supposed to get some more. What a change in temps, one day we are walking around with our mouth hanging out and the next day we are sporting jackets.

We may go away this weekend, perhaps St Joe's Michigan and stay along the lake. It is only 1 1/2 hours drive from us. What are your plans for the weekend. I do the same thing when we go somewhere, printing out all of the pictures, fond memories.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
That sounds like a fun thing to do Kathy, hope it doesn't rain on you, I see a band of showers coming in from Iowa. I'm sure even if it does you will have a great time. We only got .10 of rain last night or this morning, not sure which.

Our plans will probably involve moving more stuff out of the pole barn or at least sorting through it so the "you call, I haul" guy can take it away. Haven't heard any more news about the house but still need to get it ready "in case".

I did the Zumba fusion today, a combination of both zumba and zumba tone. It's kinda interesting and fun. Then had to go pay the 1st half of the RE taxes. Then went to Menards, Farm & Fleet and Walmart. It took up my whole afternoon and now I'm beat. Hope to get refreshed a little so we can go to the dance place tonight.

100_1335.jpg
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Looks like great weather, guess the weatherman was wrong again, but thats a good thing this time. More work getting rid of things today, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, we went to Holland, MI instead and we had no rain there at all over the weekend. It was a little on the cool side but a lot of sun. This Zumba fusion sounds like you are really enjoying it and very good workouts as well.

A good idea to get as much accomplished at the other house as possible. Just keep the ball rolling. All in all we had a good weekend and ate at some nice places while there. How was your weekend and the dancing? It sounds like you were busy shopping.

I love your flowers. The Dutch are knowen for their flowers and we saw many different flowers while in Holland over this weekend.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
I remember someone once told me when you see a light at the end of a tunnel, that means a train is headed right to you. lol

Today is a very nice day weather wise.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Yeah Kathy, I've heard that expression too, ha ha. Sounds like a fun time in Holland, were the tulips still blooming or were they done already, I think they are known for them, aren't they? Anytime away is a nice time, no cooking and new things always fun to get away. Maybe we'll have a little more time to enjoy too, once this house is sold. Sat night someone went through the T intersection and right into the front pasture of the other house. The road is quite a bit higher and the ditch fairly deep. They took out a bit chunk of grass and soil and drove in a big circle coming back up the ditch to get out. They left behind several big pieces of their bumper too. Surprising they didn't get hurt when they hit the ground.

I did the Zumba this morning, 3 of us were there, stopped to pick up a few things at Wal Mart and now headed out to start mowing. I didn't have to mow at all last week with it being so dry, but now after the rains a couple of times it has taken off again. Today here and tomorrow at the other house. One good thing the "haul" guy has gotten the trailer completely gone, he did a terrific job.

Have a good day at work, and WW.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Yes, Sharon the tulips were still there. The Dutch are known for their flowers. We also toured a working windmill. Had to walk up 5 stories to the top.

It will be interesting at WW tonight to see how my eating was over the weekend. Hopefully not too many more times mowing the grass. Some people just try to get away with things so they do not get caught. Never mind what they do to someone else's property.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
All done with the grass here, but really need to get some weed spraying done, but it will have to wait until Wednesday. Tomorrow will get the other house's grass cut, possibly could be the last time, at least for the 2 pastures.

Bill is working late, he had an apartment to show someone who couldn't get there until 6pm. But we are just having leftovers anyway, so I will wait until he gets here to heat them up.

I bet your WW weight is fine, you seem to have mastered the wait control issue. I think I need some dynamite to blast off a few pounds. One of the gals at Zumba is a police woman. She had on a t-shirt today that said, God made police so fire fighters would have someone to look up to. She got it at a police conference, said they also had them the other way around, fire fighters first.

Have a great evening,
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Well last night at weigh-in I really fell off. I gained 1 pound and I am sure it was from all of the poor eating over this past weekend. I really tried hard to make the right choices. One point they brought up last night was portion control. That most people should have a portion the size of your fist. I know whenever we eat out they always put way too much food on the plate and I end taking almost 1/2 of it home.

Very funny T-shirt, as it seems like the police and firefighters are always taking jabs at each other. Well let's hope that you do not have too many more grass cuttings at the other house.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Have you noticed how much easier it is to get on here since they made us start over?

Kathy, I bet that pound is gone in a day or two, you do so well when you are home and you have to splurge a little once in a while. But we are like you, we are always bringing home half of what we order. We have even said maybe we should order one dinner and just split it.

Got the grass done but the mower is acting up again so it took longer than it should have. Also got a list of "demands" from the house inspector for the other couple. Some things are easy, some will cost quite a bit. Once thing they wanted we didn't even know about. They said there is a bee hive in the attic. There are 3 attics so we called the lawyer to find out which one, quite a surprise to us. I've got to have the fuse box changed to a breaker box and that quote was around $400.00. The electrican will start on that right away, just so happens to be the brother of my RE guy. So things are moving but just seems to be getting more complicated. Still hoping the sale goes through have not heard if they got their loan or not.

Zumba tomorrow and then got some calls to make, supposed to rain so should be a good day to do it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Yes, Sharon with them taking down large and threads that had many posts has made things work much better. With threads that are of all areas it was good that they discovered the problem. It was not just this thread but there were many.

Once those inspectors give you their demands. You do not have to do everything that they want. If the town inspector can pass you then that is all you need. I remember when we were selling Bill's house a few years ago. Yes, there were things he had to do but then there were things that the buyers were just reaching too far that did not have to be done. Going from fuses to breakers is something that they are just trying to get extra. If the box is OK, then they should do that themselves when they get possession of the place. Sometimes those inspectors are trying to get the best for the buyers as that is who they are working for.

Have a good workout at Zumba today. We got a lot of rain this morning, but just windy and pleasant now.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Yes you are probably right, especially since they changed from a FHA to a conventional mortgage. I called the RE guy this morning and told him I'm not doing anything else until I hear if the house appraised for more or equal to the price. They also had that stipulation in the contract or they could back out. They had the appraisal done and they aren't telling us what it was. There really shouldn't be a problem since I came down so far on the price.

Had a good Zumba this morning, only the 3 of us again and the instructor. Guess everyone is busy with other things now that summer is almost here. It's been cloudy and rainy here today again too, glad I got the grass cut at both places for the week. We have a b-day party for Bill's GD on Sat, the one that doesn't talk to us. Usually every party the mother tells us a certain time to come and then she spends 3 hours getting stuff ready. We decided this time if the food isn't ready in a reasonable amount of time, we will leave without eating. Don't know whats going on for Father's Day, probably take Bill out to eat, thats how we usually celebrate everything....by eating! His Dr. son is coming down from northern WI on Thursday and likes to take us to the Mexican restaurant so we'll see if that holds true for this trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, we had a tornado warning last night and some heavy rain so our bocce game along with the entire round of games was canceled last night. You are smart to wait and see what happens with the sale of the house. As far as the electric goes, they never countered in the contract when they accepted your offer. It only came an issue when their inspector and those people are trying to get as much as they can get away with for their clients. If your electrical would pass your own town's inspection then it is good. Things like the beehive is another thing.

Wow, your Zumba is really dropping off, but like you said, it is probably because people are just away and doing other things. Well today Bill's son is coming down to have a dinner with you, that should be nice. Then Saturday another celebration. I think you have a reasonable plan and I hope all will work out fine.

Bill has to go downtown this Saturday morning to assist in coaching the marathoners and I will go as well. Then we will come back home and sleep for a few hours and in the evening there is a firework show at our club as well as a picnic.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Too bad about your bocce game last night, seems like lately every time you have the game it looks threatening to rain or actually does rain. We got more rain yesterday also, but very quiet rain, no thunder or lightening this time around.

I got the bug man out this morning and he did find a bee/hornet nest way up in the top part of the attic, surprised anyone even noticed it, but it was in his words "years old" and actuall fell apart when he cut it down. He says they don't reuse an old hive, could have been up there when we bought the house in '77. Then got word the well water didn't pass, so I'm meeting the well guy over there this afternoon and he will chorinate it. Says it happens quite a bit in the summer when not that much water is being used. Next week they will come out again and test the water and the septic system. We get the water tested by the county every year, but this year didn't do it. Also got some insurance information that was required saying no claims had been filed for years. Last big obstacle is some of the window sills need to be replaced so I'm getting a quote on that. The electrical work should be completed by the end of next week. They are supposed to have their loan by July 1st and we should be able to close on the 8th. Then I will breathe a sign of relief!!!!!

Fireworks and a picnic sounds like much fun, I love to watch fireworks! Hope the weather is good, heard its supposed to be warm but maybe rain in the morning. How does Bill coach the marathon runners, I would think by the time they think they can run a marathon they would be pretty well trained, its certainly not for the amatuer jogger.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, it sounds like you have everything all in order to sell the house. Most of the participants who train to run this marathon are 1st time marathoners. So they start out at 3 miles and the mileage gets increased 1 mile every week all the way to 26 miles. Each participant is placed into a pace group and they all have a run/walk pace. That means they run a certain time and then walk a certain time. This way they are not so stress out when they finish the marathon and they also recover quicker. So he makes sure the participants are staying to pace and also helps to answer questions if they are having aches or pains to help it from getting worse or turning into a chronic problem.

I heard rain forecast for Saturday as well. We will just have to keep our figures crossed.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Wow, that sounds like qiute a bit of help to those aspiring marathoners. Did you ever think of trying it? Sounds like an awfully good way to increase your stamina. Do they hahave to pay for that? Got the well chlorinated, well guy said it probably didn't pass because the guy took the water sample from the outside spigot and didn't use a tourch on it before taking the sample. Sure got warm again today..we didn't go to dinner with Bill's son, he didn't get here until after 8pm and we had already eaten.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, yes they all have to pay for training and running the marathon. For me I am a cheerleader and a spectator. Once some number of years ago when he ran Boston. He had always told me what time to expect him, and this time he was way over the mark and I was really getting worried. So once I saw him turning the corner, I was so excited, I jumped in and ran a short distance. He apologized to me saying thank you but he could not stop because if he did he would not be able to start up again. So he ran to the finish and I caught up with him a short time later. For that short distance I was hurting for a week. Running is not my bag.

Well at least you had time to have nice conversation with Bill's son. Yes, people are always taking the short cuts when doing things, especially those who do things everyday like the inspectors. But at least you have piece of mind now that things are getting done.

It is warming up so what are your plans for the weekend?

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,638 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
You were probably a great cheer leader! I can see after running so long on a marathon if you stopped your legs just wouldn't go again, too funny! I used to jog 3 miles every day, but that has been about 10 years ago. Now I am happy to just walk, maybe a little faster at times to change up the pace, but no more jogging.

We didn't get to see Bills son, just talked with him on the phone, he is staying at his brothers house. He will probably go over to see Bill at work and then he is leaving for home again. Don't even know why he came down, he will miss the b-day party tomorrow and fathers day Sun. But he said he had to get back and cut his grass because he is leaving on Sun for Boston for a medical conference.

We will be going to the b-day party, for a short time anyway and then I think I will make reservations from Brunch for fathers day on Sunday. Also on Sat we have to work on the kitchen drain, its stopped up and takes forever for the water to drain slowly out of the sink. The kitchen is at one end of the house and the drain goes all the way to the other end of the house before draining out into the septic. We have had trouble with it stopping up before too even though we have a screen to catch stuff before it goes down the drain.

I've got a plumber coming on Mon for the other house to change the P traps to S traps, I don't even know the difference. The house has had P traps ever since running water was brought into it! Right now I have had the water running from the outside hose over there since 9am. Got to get the chlorine out of the well and pipes, before they test it again.

What are your plans for the weekend, seems everything is always all about me, sorry!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, getting up early tomorrow to go down to the lake and then we will come home and sleep for a few hours. Then in the evening we will go to our club for the 70th anniversary party and fireworks. Sunday after church I will work outside pulling weeds and trying to get control of the yard once again.

Too bad you did not get to visit in person with Bill's son. He drove a long way just to stay with his brother. I hope all goes well for the B-Day party on Sunday. I would think that you went out dancing tonight. Let's hope the rain does not spoil the festivities tomorrow. Wow running the water all of that time to clear out the lines so it passes inspection. Well whatever you have to do.

Enjoy the weekend,

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Lansing, IL
4,742 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I wish your Bill a very happy father's day and I hope you both have an enjoyable day today.

The picnic and fireworks was the best last night. Also the rain held off to make a perfect day. Of course with the types of food being served I am sure I will be in trouble with weigh-in tomorrow. I had a friend there from WW and some of my friends that I play bunco with as well.

Enjoy the day.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy