Welcome to your *NEW* Home !

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:42 AM.
Ewing, NJ
2,508 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Here's a brand new forum opened up just for you. Feel free to start new threads about any topic that comes to mind.

Have fun,

Senior Community Support
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A prize is awarded weekly.
Palmdale, Ca
33,880 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Another new home.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Star Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 11/18
Future: Emerald Princess Alaska R/T From from Los Angeles 04/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal Cruise 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Chicago area
5,068 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Well, this could get very confusing since our other new thread is still here too. Is this our third or forth move since we began our journey?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Palmdale, Ca
33,880 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Hornet
Well, this could get very confusing since our other new thread is still here too. Is this our third or forth move since we began our journey?
Gail;

It's #4.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Eastern Virginia
6,088 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
I think this is our real new home. I don't know why the other one was even there. I first saw it after the CC person closed our thread and thought that's what she meant was our new place, but it didn't make sense since it said "all plans made." But, I thought "oh, well, this is the place." Then I got the e-mail from her asking what we called ourselves and she sent back an e-mail saying she was opening this one. So, here we are!

Anyway, it's nice that we have a place we can talk about whatever we like. We need to spread the word to anyone we think might like to join in.

I hope everyone is well. We've been to a wonderful formal dinner Christmas party in Williamsburg tonight. Everything was delightful.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Near Loch Lomond, Scotland
2,849 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
We are recovering from the terrific gales that battered Scotland yesterday. The country was on red alert and all schools in our area and most of the country were closed. Luckily damage was less than expected and we were ok.
Glad you had a lovely dinner, Ann. Bob was at one last night and had a good time. On Monday both of us have Christmas lunches. It is the church grops and men and women go to different venues!
I hope everyone is well ahead with the preparations.
It's nice to have a new home.
Flora
Palmdale, Ca
33,880 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Floflegs
We are recovering from the terrific gales that battered Scotland yesterday. The country was on red alert and all schools in our area and most of the country were closed. Luckily damage was less than expected and we were ok.
Glad you had a lovely dinner, Ann. Bob was at one last night and had a good time. On Monday both of us have Christmas lunches. It is the church grops and men and women go to different venues!
Flora
Flora;

Hope you came through the wind problems with little adversity.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Palmdale, Ca
33,880 Posts
Joined Sep 2007

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
South FLorida
2,290 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I'm here now too!! Thanks for the link Ann.
So great to see some familiar names. My withdrawl is now over!! We are back together again
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Chicago area
5,068 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Originally posted by Floflegs
Flora
Flora - I heard about your area in the news today - glad there wasn't much damage. Did you ever get to see my cruise pictures (the link was in our old thread) - you and bob are in several pictures.

I'm into Christmas shopping full force now and have lots of holiday planning to do ASAP. We had a dusting of snow this morning - it's all gone now.
Gail
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Chicago area
5,068 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Originally posted by Sunviking
I think this is our real new home. I don't know why the other one was even there. I first saw it after the CC person closed our thread and thought that's what she meant was our new place, but it didn't make sense since it said "all plans made." But, I thought "oh, well, this is the place." Then I got the e-mail from her asking what we called ourselves and she sent back an e-mail saying she was opening this one. So, here we are!

Anyway, it's nice that we have a place we can talk about whatever we like. We need to spread the word to anyone we think might like to join in.

I hope everyone is well. We've been to a wonderful formal dinner Christmas party in Williamsburg tonight. Everything was delightful.
Don't you think they should put a note on our old thread directing us here?

I love those formal dinners. Did it remind you of formal night on the cruise?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Eastern Virginia
6,088 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Flora, I hope you have weathered the storm without any trouble. I saw a report about it on the news as well and it looked dreadful!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Eastern Virginia
6,088 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Gail, the CC person did post a link to this place on our Roll Call thread. Unfortunately since it's closed it will move down the page at Ruby Roll Calls and people won't see it. We'll just have to spread the word.

Snow! Oh, my! We had 72 ° the other day and then a big front passed and now it's more like 50 something during the day and in the 30's at night. I like this much better for this time of year.

The formal dinner last night was in a beautiful venue. The people who threw the party had booked one of the Williamsburg Inn's guest houses and the place was exquisite. For anyone who hasn't been to Williamsburg, Christmas is one of the nicest times to visit. Every building in the Colonial area has a candle in every window and beautiful natural decorations on each building. It's a special time here.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Palmdale, Ca
33,880 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by bronxgirl25
I'm here now too!! Thanks for the link Ann.
So great to see some familiar names. My withdrawl is now over!! We are back together again

Marcia;

Glad you're here.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Palmdale, Ca
33,880 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Sunviking
Gail, the CC person did post a link to this place on our Roll Call thread. Unfortunately since it's closed it will move down the page at Ruby Roll Calls and people won't see it. We'll just have to spread the word.

Snow! Oh, my! We had 72 ° the other day and then a big front passed and now it's more like 50 something during the day and in the 30's at night. I like this much better for this time of year.

The formal dinner last night was in a beautiful venue. The people who threw the party had booked one of the Williamsburg Inn's guest houses and the place was exquisite. For anyone who hasn't been to Williamsburg, Christmas is one of the nicest times to visit. Every building in the Colonial area has a candle in every window and beautiful natural decorations on each building. It's a special time here.
Ann;

It's pretty much a normal almost winter in the high desert. This past Sunday I was working at our Palmdale Station to cover a shift for their Christmas party. I had a vehicle collision call at about 0250 hours in the morning. When I got out of my police car, it was 24 degrees.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Near Loch Lomond, Scotland
2,849 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Originally posted by Hornet
Flora - I heard about your area in the news today - glad there wasn't much damage. Did you ever get to see my cruise pictures (the link was in our old thread) - you and bob are in several pictures.

I'm into Christmas shopping full force now and have lots of holiday planning to do ASAP. We had a dusting of snow this morning - it's all gone now.
Gail
Yes, Gail, I did see your pictures and thought they were great. I was going to post that but they closed the thread!
We were pretty lucky with the storm although we have a slight leak in the roof which I think is the flashing at the chimney. It will be seen to next week. I think because we live in a valley we were spared the worst though it was still pretty fierce. The cold is now with us - minus temps at night but not a lot of snow thank goodness.
I'm pretty well organised for Christmas will all the presents bought. My cake is in the oven at the moment. I don't make the heavy one but a pineapple fruit cake using crushed pineapple which is lighter. I still ice and decorate it though. We are going to our daughter's in Dundee for Christmas so it will be nice to get dinner cooked for us.
I hope everyone gets everything done in good time.
Flora
Kingston, ON
2,462 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Found this forum by accident this afternoon when I logged on to update my bookmarks. Glad I did as it is so good to hear how others are doing.
I also saw the news about the high winds in Scotland, Flora. So happy to hear that you guys escaped relatively unscathed. Your formal dinner sounds like it was wonderful Ann. John and I have visited Williamsburg, but perhaps we need to revisit it during the holiday season.
Our weather has been very strange in the past week. We have had snow that accumulated and then melted as the temps warmed to over 60. Then lots more snow and very cold temps this past week. Now we are expecting warmer weather ( about 45 for early in the week. That should take care of the snow on the ground. Pehaps what seemed like a white Christmas just today may not be in the cards for 2011.
We are happy that we booked our 2013 TA when we did as the price has more than doubled since October. I am almost ready to book our air and will likely do that in the nexr week or so. Still waiting to hear about the Adriatic itinerary in 2013 as we want to do that cruise next. Toying with the idea of a Baltic cruise as well. So many great places to visit and so little time and budget. Nice to hear from all and hope that others also stumble across this thread.
Ciao,
Nikki
Eastern Virginia
6,088 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Hi, Nikki!

So nice to see you here. Pass the word around. Which t/a are you taking? If it's in 2013 I'm guessing it's an eastbound one if you already have pricing.

Say hi to John for me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Eastern Virginia
6,088 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
We went to the Christmas market in Williamsburg today. There's a farmers market all summer long on Duke of Gloucester Street (we call it Dog street). In the fall they cut back because the growing season ends. But today they had a Christmas Market. We went and bought a bunch of great winter veggies. Who knew that baby sweet potatoes would taste like candy? We also bought a wonderful herb and greenery swag which is making my kitchen smell fabulous since we hung it there. I love the smells and tastes of Christmas.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pittsburgh, PA
4,597 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Happy Holidays to the RED HOT RUBIES. Just wanted to pop in and say HI. After the holidays, I'M going on the Grand. l Looking forward to seeing the changes done there, then I do S. America on the Star. I've never been on the Star. Ann, Williamsburg must be lovely all decorated for the holiday, I'd love to see that. Have a great New Year. Alice