Private Excursions - Messina

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:59 PM.
Montreal Canada
7,070 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by traveling1969
The last time we were here, rusticfurnituremaker organized a bus tour which took us for a short stop at a small, quaint town in the hills above Taormina; can't recall the name. The bus then continued on to Taormina for 3 or 4 hours of private shopping, dining and sightseeing. There was a guide who gave us a history of the area and a few suggetions for things to do and see in Taormina. The cost was $15 or $20 per person. There is a breathtaking view of Mt Etna from Taormina. We prefer less structured excursions and this one fit the bill to a T.

Harry
Do you still have room Would love to join you Michele and Danielle from Montreal

mmemichele13ataoldotcom
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Cliff (mcrcruiser) has cancelled this cruise. I have agreed to take over his Naples tour but am unable to take over this one. Is anyone on this tour able to assume its leadership? Alternatively, since there now appears to be room for two more people on this tour, perhaps someone would like to join the tour and assume its leadership.

I have contacted the tour operator (the same one used for the Naples tour) and have the tour details as well as the e-mail address for the tour operator's point of contact.

Current tour members appear to be:

Astro Flyer (Helena & Frank)
JerryinBWB (Martia & Jerry)
CocaColaCruiser (Karen & partner)

Please post back if you have questions or can take over this tour.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

Princess - 46 Cruises, 545 Days
HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
18,753 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by WineCountryCruiser
Cliff (mcrcruiser) has cancelled this cruise. I have agreed to take over his Naples tour but am unable to take over this one. Is anyone on this tour able to assume its leadership? Alternatively, since there now appears to be room for two more people on this tour, perhaps someone would like to join the tour and assume its leadership.

I have contacted the tour operator (the same one used for the Naples tour) and have the tour details as well as the e-mail address for the tour operator's point of contact.

Current tour members appear to be:

Astro Flyer (Helena & Frank)
JerryinBWB (Martia & Jerry)
CocaColaCruiser (Karen & partner)

Please post back if you have questions or can take over this tour.

Craig
Thanks for the info Craig...we have accepted an offer to join another Messina tour & won't be on this tour.
GTA Ontario Canada
225 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by bigredd
Tour is full, thanks for the requests.

Beth and Jerry
Tracey and Rick
Lynda and Marilyn
Jan and Dave

Full details being emailed.
I have an opening for 2 people.
Tour #ME3 with Benvenuto Limos. €81.25pp if we have 8 people.
Please email [email protected] if interested.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Island Princess - Holy Land & Med - October 1996
Sun Princess - Panama Canal - November 1999
Regal Princess - Asia - March 2001
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - March 2005
Star Princess - Scandinavia & Russia - July 2006
Constellation - Caribbean - March 2007
Constellation - Caribbean - March 2008
Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda - September 2008
Star Princess - South America - March 2009
Ruby Princess - S Caribbean - March 2010
Ruby Princess - Transatlantic - October 2011
Grand Princess - Transatlantic - November 2012
Royal Princess - Transatlantic - October 2013
Emerald Princess - British Isles passage - April 2014
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - December 2014
Regal Princess - Canada & New England - September 2017
Eastern Virginia
6,088 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by bigredd
I have an opening for 2 people.
Tour #ME3 with Benvenuto Limos. €81.25pp if we have 8 people.
Please email [email protected] if interested.
Do I need to make a change to your tour on the Private tours page of the spreadsheet? It's listed as full there. Just let me know if I do.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GTA Ontario Canada
225 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Sunviking
Do I need to make a change to your tour on the Private tours page of the spreadsheet? It's listed as full there. Just let me know if I do.
Lol.....I just sent you the particulars via email, gosh you are on the ball my friend...

Please amend from Lynda and Marilyn to Joe and Graceann.

Once again this tour is full, didn't take long did it?

Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Island Princess - Holy Land & Med - October 1996
Sun Princess - Panama Canal - November 1999
Regal Princess - Asia - March 2001
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - March 2005
Star Princess - Scandinavia & Russia - July 2006
Constellation - Caribbean - March 2007
Constellation - Caribbean - March 2008
Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda - September 2008
Star Princess - South America - March 2009
Ruby Princess - S Caribbean - March 2010
Ruby Princess - Transatlantic - October 2011
Grand Princess - Transatlantic - November 2012
Royal Princess - Transatlantic - October 2013
Emerald Princess - British Isles passage - April 2014
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - December 2014
Regal Princess - Canada & New England - September 2017
North of Tampa, FL USA
7,737 Posts
Joined Aug 2000
Does anyone have room for two more for Messina tour?

It will be for me (Ethel5) and my sister Fran (Seaster1)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Donna

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home." - James Michener

No trees or animals were harmed by the transmission of this message. However, a great number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

My Email Address
Cranbrook B.C.
1,214 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Hello everyone

I would also like to join a tour if anyone has some room for Messina Sicily
We will be away for two weeks starting tomorrow.

email : [email protected]

Dianne and Bill
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Houston area
472 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
My husband, Tom and I would be interested in joining a tour, also. I have not posted on the main page yet, as I am trying to get though the whole thread...on page 65 now. Our email is stanthosatnetscapedotnet. Our cabin number is D721. Jennifer
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
The last time we were here, rusticfurnituremaker organized a bus tour which took us for a short stop at a small, quaint town in the hills above Taormina; can't recall the name. The bus then continued on to Taormina for 3 or 4 hours of private shopping, dining and sightseeing. There was a guide who gave us a history of the area and a few suggetions for things to do and see in Taormina. The cost was $15 or $20 per person. There is a breathtaking view of Mt Etna from Taormina. We prefer less structured excursions and this one fit the bill to a T.

Harry
Harry, this sounds great, do you have the name of the tour company? As Ken and I would be interested. Thanks so much! Claudia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Eastern Virginia
6,088 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
I'm doing some housekeeping on the spreadsheet and I noticed that I still have mcrcruiser's (Cliff's) tour in Messina listed. It currently has JerryinBWB (Jerry & Marla), and CocaColaCruiser (Karen) as the only participants and no one in charge. Has someone taken over this tour? If not, I am going to remove it. I don't want anyone thinking that they have a tour booked when they don't. Please let me know via e-mail. Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
3,325 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I am arranging a tour to take us to Taormina and Castelmola. We will be transported from the pier to Taormina, and spend free time here (3-4 hours). We will then be driven up to Castelmola to soak up the views of Mt. Edna and the Giardini-Naxos bay. Time permitting, we will then be shown the highlights of Messina before being dropped back at the ship.

Prices are as follows:
4 people: 75 eu pp
8 people: 50 eu pp
12 people: 45 eu pp
16 people: 40 eu pp

We currently have 4 people booked on this trip. If anyone is interested in joining us (I can accommodate 12 more) please email me at [email protected].

Ann - I will email you with the details.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Looking Forward To:
June 2018: Baltic Heritage - Sapphire Princess
June 2018: Norwegian Fjords & Summer Solstice - Sapphire Princess
Feb 2019: Antartica (Celebrity Eclipse)

Chris and Jackie's Happy Trails (so far):
2017 - Hawaii (Celebrity Solstice) & land vacation; 2016 - British Isles/Transatlantic (Caribbean Princess);2015 - Caribbean (Brilliance of the Seas); 2014 - Christmas Markets land trip (Paris, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna), 2014 - Panama Canal Full Transit (Island Princes) 2013 - Maiden TA Crossing (Royal Princess), 2013 - Caribbean (Ruby Princess); 2012 - Bermuda (HAL Veendam YUCK); 2012 - Hawaiian Islands (Sapphire Princess); 2011 - Canada/New England (Caribbean Princess); 2011 - Panama Canal Full Transit (Coral Princess); 2010 - Caribbean (Ruby Princess); 2010 - Transatlantic (Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen) (Star Princess); 2009 - Mexican Riviera (Sapphire Princess); 2009 - Coastal Vancouver to LA (Sapphire Princess); 2009 - Alaskan Sampler (Sapphire Princess); 2009 Caribbean (repositioning San Juan to NYC) (Caribbean Princess); 2008 - Mediterranean/Greek Isles (Grand Princess); 2007 - Caribbean (Crown Princess) 2007 - Southern Caribbean (Constellation) ; 2006 Grand Mediterranean (25th anniversary) (Grand Princess); 2005 - Eastern Caribbean (Caribbean Princess); 2004 First Mediterranean Cruise (Brilliance of the Seas) ; 2004 - Eastern Caribbean (Golden Princess); 2002 - Western Caribbean (Grand Princess); 1981 Honeymoon Caribbean cruise on the first Carnival cruise ship (Carnival)
3,325 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by CocaColaCruiser
I am interested in your tour for Messina so be looking for an email coming your way... Karen
Got it, Karen. I just responded to you. Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Looking Forward To:

2017 - Hawaii (Celebrity Solstice) & land vacation; 2016 - British Isles/Transatlantic (Caribbean Princess);2015 - Caribbean (Brilliance of the Seas); 2014 - Christmas Markets land trip (Paris, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna), 2014 - Panama Canal Full Transit (Island Princes) 2013 - Maiden TA Crossing (Royal Princess), 2013 - Caribbean (Ruby Princess); 2012 - Bermuda (HAL Veendam YUCK); 2012 - Hawaiian Islands (Sapphire Princess); 2011 - Canada/New England (Caribbean Princess); 2011 - Panama Canal Full Transit (Coral Princess); 2010 - Caribbean (Ruby Princess); 2010 - Transatlantic (Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen) (Star Princess); 2009 - Mexican Riviera (Sapphire Princess); 2009 - Coastal Vancouver to LA (Sapphire Princess); 2009 - Alaskan Sampler (Sapphire Princess); 2009 Caribbean (repositioning San Juan to NYC) (Caribbean Princess); 2008 - Mediterranean/Greek Isles (Grand Princess); 2007 - Caribbean (Crown Princess) 2007 - Southern Caribbean (Constellation) ; 2006 Grand Mediterranean (25th anniversary) (Grand Princess); 2005 - Eastern Caribbean (Caribbean Princess); 2004 First Mediterranean Cruise (Brilliance of the Seas) ; 2004 - Eastern Caribbean (Golden Princess); 2002 - Western Caribbean (Grand Princess); 1981 Honeymoon Caribbean cruise on the first Carnival cruise ship (Carnival)
Montreal Canada
7,070 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by High C's
I am arranging a tour to take us to Taormina and Castelmola. We will be transported from the pier to Taormina, and spend free time here (3-4 hours). We will then be driven up to Castelmola to soak up the views of Mt. Edna and the Giardini-Naxos bay. Time permitting, we will then be shown the highlights of Messina before being dropped back at the ship.

Prices are as follows:
4 people: 75 eu pp
8 people: 50 eu pp
12 people: 45 eu pp
16 people: 40 eu pp

We currently have 4 people booked on this trip. If anyone is interested in joining us (I can accommodate 12 more) please email me at [email protected].

Ann - I will email you with the details.

PLease save room for Danielle and Me thanks

Michele
3,325 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by mmemichele
PLease save room for Danielle and Me thanks

Michele
Will do. But would you kindly email me at [email protected] also. That's where I'm keeping a running record of who all is coming, and their contact info.

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Looking Forward To:

Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Hi Jackie,

Just checking to be sure you received my second email yesterday confirming that we will be with you on the Messina excursion.

Thanks...

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

XXRoll Calls - 2018: Royal - Jan 19, 2018Royal - Jan 29, 2018Royal - Feb 8, 2018Regal - Sep 8, 2018
XXRoll Calls - 2019: Reflection - January 18, 2019 Reflection - January 28, 2019 Golden - Apr 16, 2019
3,325 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by -Lew-
Hi Jackie,

Just checking to be sure you received my second email yesterday confirming that we will be with you on the Messina excursion.

Thanks...

Lew
Hi Lew. Yep - I sure did. That was the one that explained YOUR Burlington isn't MY Burlington!!

Also, FYI, I contacted Mario to see if we could have him for the day, but unfortuntely he said he is booked doing a "Godfather Tour" for the day. But he assured me we'll be well taken care of.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Looking Forward To:

Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by High C's

Hi Lew. Yep - I sure did. That was the one that explained YOUR Burlington isn't MY Burlington!!
Thank you, Jackie...

We're looking forward to our first visit to Sicily and your excursion.

Lew
Own an iOS device? Join our Traveling with an iPhone or iPad thread.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

XXRoll Calls - 2018: Royal - Jan 19, 2018Royal - Jan 29, 2018Royal - Feb 8, 2018Regal - Sep 8, 2018
XXRoll Calls - 2019: Reflection - January 18, 2019 Reflection - January 28, 2019 Golden - Apr 16, 2019
Montreal Canada
7,070 Posts
Joined Feb 2004

Harry
We would like this kind of tour ?...more info please we would join you
Danielle and michele