Private Excursions - Messina

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:08 AM.
Southern California
3,236 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by High C's
Once again, I have room for 2 more people on the tour I have organized to Taormina and Castelmola.

The cost is 40 Euros each (plus tip which, of course, is totally discretionary), and it is to be paid directly to the tour operator.

It is a full day tour. Because of the recent change to the itinerary (we now dock from 6 am to 3 pm) we will meet the tour at 7, have a very brief tour of Messina, then go to Castelmola to enjoy the views. After that, we will go down to Taormina and spend a few hours there. We will be back well within the time we are given to be all aboard.

The time spent in each location is self-guided. We will be dropped off, and told when to meet up again and where in order to move along to the next spot.
Have a look at Tour #1 on the attached. It is similar to what we are doing http://www.sicilywithmario.com/excursions.asp?lang=en&p=excursions&ide=1

If you are interested, please email me at: [email protected]

Thank you.
Jackie
Hi Jackie,

You've got mail
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
3,325 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by High C's
Once again, I have room for 2 more people on the tour I have organized to Taormina and Castelmola.

The cost is 40 Euros each (plus tip which, of course, is totally discretionary), and it is to be paid directly to the tour operator.

It is a full day tour. Because of the recent change to the itinerary (we now dock from 6 am to 3 pm) we will meet the tour at 7, have a very brief tour of Messina, then go to Castelmola to enjoy the views. After that, we will go down to Taormina and spend a few hours there. We will be back well within the time we are given to be all aboard.

The time spent in each location is self-guided. We will be dropped off, and told when to meet up again and where in order to move along to the next spot.
Have a look at Tour #1 on the attached. It is similar to what we are doing http://www.sicilywithmario.com/excursions.asp?lang=en&p=excursions&ide=1

If you are interested, please email me at: [email protected]

Thank you.
Jackie
And just like that, this tour is full once again. Thanks all!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Looking Forward To:
June 2018: Baltic Heritage - Sapphire Princess
June 2018: Norwegian Fjords & Summer Solstice - Sapphire Princess
Feb 2019: Antartica (Celebrity Eclipse)

Chris and Jackie's Happy Trails (so far):
2017 - Hawaii (Celebrity Solstice) & land vacation; 2016 - British Isles/Transatlantic (Caribbean Princess);2015 - Caribbean (Brilliance of the Seas); 2014 - Christmas Markets land trip (Paris, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna), 2014 - Panama Canal Full Transit (Island Princes) 2013 - Maiden TA Crossing (Royal Princess), 2013 - Caribbean (Ruby Princess); 2012 - Bermuda (HAL Veendam YUCK); 2012 - Hawaiian Islands (Sapphire Princess); 2011 - Canada/New England (Caribbean Princess); 2011 - Panama Canal Full Transit (Coral Princess); 2010 - Caribbean (Ruby Princess); 2010 - Transatlantic (Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen) (Star Princess); 2009 - Mexican Riviera (Sapphire Princess); 2009 - Coastal Vancouver to LA (Sapphire Princess); 2009 - Alaskan Sampler (Sapphire Princess); 2009 Caribbean (repositioning San Juan to NYC) (Caribbean Princess); 2008 - Mediterranean/Greek Isles (Grand Princess); 2007 - Caribbean (Crown Princess) 2007 - Southern Caribbean (Constellation) ; 2006 Grand Mediterranean (25th anniversary) (Grand Princess); 2005 - Eastern Caribbean (Caribbean Princess); 2004 First Mediterranean Cruise (Brilliance of the Seas) ; 2004 - Eastern Caribbean (Golden Princess); 2002 - Western Caribbean (Grand Princess); 1981 Honeymoon Caribbean cruise on the first Carnival cruise ship (Carnival)
Palmdale, Ca
33,884 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Due to an unavoidable cruise cancelation, I have two openings for my tour in Messina. If anyone knows of a couple or solo looking for something to do in Messina, let me know or have them get in touch with me via email or on the ship.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Star Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 11/18
Future: Emerald Princess Alaska R/T From from Los Angeles 04/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal Cruise 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
AZ
648 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Bob, you have mail.

Stan
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-----Arizona Stan

Apr-76 Carib. 7d Fairwind *** Mar-78 Carib.10d Fairwind *** Feb-80 Carib. 14d Vistafjord *** Jan-85 Mex.7d Fairsky *** Mar-87 Carib. 11d Atlantic *** Jan-89 S.Pac. 14d Fair Princess *** Oct-90 Carib. 7d Song of America *** Jan-92 Trans-Pac. 6d Pacific Princess *** Jan-92 Hawaii-Tahiti 11d Pacific Princess *** Aug-93 Alaska 14d Star Princess *** Mar-94 Carib. 7d Horizon *** Apr-95 Trans-Atl. 19d Pacific Princess *** Apr-96 Orient 14d Golden Princess *** Dec-96 Carib. 7d Star Princess *** Jun-97 Bermuda 7d Zenith *** Jan-98 NZ- Aus. 14d Sky Princess *** Sep-98 Trans-Atl.13d Grand Princess *** Dec-99 Carib.7d Grand Princess ***Aug-01 Trans-Atl.16d Crown Princess *** Dec-01 Carib.7d Millenium *** Apr-02 Pan.Canal 14d Summit *** Nov-02 Carib. 7d Grand Princess *** Apr-03 Trans-Atl.14d Constellation *** Jul-03 Russia 11d Viking Kirov *** Feb-04 Aus.-Asia 18d Star Princess *** Jul-04 Yangtze 12d Viking Century Star *** Apr-05 Mexico 7d Diamond Princess *** Sep-06 Trans.-Atl. 15d Constellation *** Apr-07 Carib. 7d Caribbean Princess *** Jul-08 Baltic 10d Crown Princess *** Apr-09 Mexico 7d Sapphire Princess *** Nov-09 Trans-Atl. 14d Equinox *** Oct-10 Trans-Atl 16d Ruby Princess *** Oct-11 Trans-Atl. 14d Liberty of the Seas***Apr-12 Panama Canal 10d Island Princess***Nov-12 Trans-Atl. 16d Mariner of the Seas***Oct-13 Trans-Atl. 18d Royal Princess***Mar-14 Carib. 7d Celebrity Silhouette***Sep-14 CA Coastal 7d Crown Princess***Feb-15 Hawaii 15d Grand Princess***Jun-15 Grand European 15d Viking Bragi***Nov-15 Trans-Atl. 15d Celebrity Eclipse***Apr-16 Trans-Atl. 15d Royal Princess
Hampshire , UK
83 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
I've just finished researching trips to Taormina I've put a lot of info here that will help you find the points of interest and some information about each of them.

Print it off or save it as a PDF to your mobile device and enjoy.
http://mednavigator.wordpress.com/20...nd-castlemola/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David (and Helen) From Basingstoke (Donut City)in Hampshire, United Kingdom, a new town where every coffee cup stain on the planners map became a roundabout.