Florida Cruisers - Meet and Greet

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:50 AM.
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
As suggested on the main roll call, I am starting a separate thread for the Florida cruisers. East coast, west coast, or somewhere in between (North too), let's see how many of us can meet prior to September (for some of us) or October, 2013.

Right now our cruising schedule is quite busy, but if you look at my sig line we will be home practically the entire summer. Input please.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Vermont
4,131 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Originally posted by Pia1913
As suggested on the main roll call, I am starting a separate thread for the Florida cruisers. East coast, west coast, or somewhere in between (North too), let's see how many of us can meet prior to September (for some of us) or October, 2013.

Right now our cruising schedule is quite busy, but if you look at my sig line we will be home practically the entire summer. Input please.
Yea Pia! You are such a good little camper! Come on Ann and Dorothy, make a thread for your Tidewater group. We have never had a New England group but this is a good time to start.
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by Carolyn R
Yea Pia! You are such a good little camper! Come on Ann and Dorothy, make a thread for your Tidewater group. We have never had a New England group but this is a good time to start.
Yes, Carolyn. Sometimes I listen.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

South FLorida
2,290 Posts
Joined Jul 2010

Marcia and David checking in from Bellaggio in Lake Worth, FL.

Pia, last year for the Ruby TA most of the pre-cruise meets were held in Orlando. Not many people were able to make it there but we did have some nice lunches. We do have some South Floridians besides you and I so maybe this cruise we can have one or two or three.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Joyce & John from Naples.I'll will be talking with Sue (of Sue & Jerry) next week, we're planning to meet for lunch. We're here year round , but we'll be gone for a few weeks in the summer. We're willing to drive, but for us Orlando is about 3.5 hours, so really can't make that trip for lunch.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
South FLorida
2,290 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by Eppe4
Joyce & John from Naples.I'll will be talking with Sue (of Sue & Jerry) next week, we're planning to meet for lunch. We're here year round , but we'll be gone for a few weeks in the summer. We're willing to drive, but for us Orlando is about 3.5 hours, so really can't make that trip for lunch.

This is great that we have a nice Florida group!
When we met in Orlando, we stayed over. We are Mickey freaks! Gave us a good excuse to go
There are other Floridians and I hope we will hear from them also.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FLORIDA -LAND OF THE MOUSE
1,420 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by bronxgirl25
This is great that we have a nice Florida group!
When we met in Orlando, we stayed over. We are Mickey freaks! Gave us a good excuse to go
There are other Floridians and I hope we will hear from them also.
Well Marcia, I may have to take your offer to stay with you if a South Florida group get together so I can meet some of our non Central Florida cruisers.

Of course, if we have something up here in Central Florida I always have a guest room with you name on it.

We are full time residents but will be gone from May 23 to June 4 (trip back to NY to visit friends and family) and then Nov. 28 to Dec 20 for our Pacific Princess TA. That's it for the balance of this year. Next year is another story but we will get to that once 2013 is upon us.

Jackie
FLORIDA -LAND OF THE MOUSE
1,420 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Joyce, we actually met in Celebration which is near Disney. Orlando proper is a bit of a hike for us too. I think the Naples/Sarasota area might be about 2 1/2 hrs away. I have friends who moved here from Naples and they still go to their doctors there and I think they said it takes them a little over 2 hrs.

Jackie
NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by SOLIVITA LADY
Joyce, we actually met in Celebration which is near Disney. Orlando proper is a bit of a hike for us too. I think the Naples/Sarasota area might be about 2 1/2 hrs away. I have friends who moved here from Naples and they still go to their doctors there and I think they said it takes them a little over 2 hrs.

Jackie
Jackie, thanks for the info. We really want to be part of the gatherings. We'll be there where ever you meet, I think. At somepoint it might be good to also have a southern Florida group gathering.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by sue & jerry
We're obviously sue & jerry from Naples, FL. We're here year round and would love to be part of a meet & greet. What a good idea!
Sue
Good Morning Sue,

Will call you later today, if you're not home we'll just play a little phone tag!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
OK, from what I read, Ruth-Ann (whom I already know) and Irene are in Delray, I'm in Boynton and Marcia is in Lake Worth. All near each other. I had suggested to Joyce that perhaps we could meet somewhere in between; like Sawgrass.

Someone get the ball rolling and see if we can sort of decide on a date. This year; next year; both years.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Naples, Florida
416 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
OK, from what I read, Ruth-Ann (whom I already know) and Irene are in Delray, I'm in Boynton and Marcia is in Lake Worth. All near each other. I had suggested to Joyce that perhaps we could meet somewhere in between; like Sawgrass.

Someone get the ball rolling and see if we can sort of decide on a date. This year; next year; both years.
Pia,
Sawgrass sounds like a good idea. Count me in.
Sue
NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by sue & jerry
Pia,
Sawgrass sounds like a good idea. Count me in.
Sue
Me too! Will this be a ladies day or a couples day? Sue, want to go together?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Me too! Will this be a ladies day or a couples day? Sue, want to go together?
Whatever the majority chooses, but my husband loves to go to Sawgrass, so if the others guys are amenable we can do couples. Why not let the men meet each other too?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Whatever the majority chooses, but my husband loves to go to Sawgrass, so if the others guys are amenable we can do couples. Why not let the men meet each other too?
Pia, John would love to come along and meet the other husbands. If you want to do a lunch before you fly to Singapore, why don't you pick a date. Otherwise, we'll schedule it for either between or after your next 2 cruises.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
North Port Florida
1,001 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
We seem to have a large group from Florida interested in get togethers already , because we are all spread out on both coasts & in between, I suggest we have both a east coast & a west coast. We have time to do a few to give everyone a chance to join in since some of us are only here seasonally.. Then perhaps we could pick 1 central location ( someone suggested Celebration) where we all all meet.... What does everyone think of this idea? Just a thought! I agree the husbands should be included too..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
And remember:
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other -
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain