Florida Cruisers - Meet and Greet

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:48 PM.
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by sue & jerry
Pia,
A couples get-together sounds great. Love the idea.
Sue
Originally posted by Eppe4
Pia, John would love to come along and meet the other husbands. If you want to do a lunch before you fly to Singapore, why don't you pick a date. Otherwise, we'll schedule it for either between or after your next 2 cruises.
I leave for Singapore on Tuesday April 10th, so that weekend is out. We are so close, so I'm sitting here with my calendar and will throw out some dates. If we need a weekend only, we are free Saturday, March 31st. If we can do weekdays, we are available:

Friday March 23rd
Monday March 26th
Tuesday March 27th
Friday March 30th
Monday April 2nd

That's it. For us, Monday or Tuesday is best.

Irene, Marcia and Ruth-Ann; need your input too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Naples, Florida
416 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Pia,
Our vote is for this friday, March 23rd
We're leaving on a 7 day caribbean 3/31, so the other dates don't work for us.
But we are only one voice, so if we can't make this one, we'll try for another one, maybe during the summer.
Sue
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Pia,
But we are only one voice, so if we can't make this one, we'll try for another one, maybe during the summer.
Sue
OK with me, but we need to hear from the others. Otherwise, yes, we can wait until summer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Pia,
Sue
It's good for us as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
League City, TX USA
5,328 Posts
Joined Aug 2001
Pia, we won't be down in your neck of the woods until December 2012 especially if I have my knee surgery in May. We'll get together then.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
Golden Princess, Apr 18

Celebrity Equinox, Jun 17
Sea Princess, Mar 19

Past Cruises:
Crown Princess Aug 17, Sep 17
Carnival Freedom Apr 2017
Liberty of the Seas Oct 2016
Pacific Princess 50th Dec 2015
Caribbean Princess Oct 2015
Golden Princess Feb 2015
Emerald Princess Oct 2014
Star Princess Jul 2014
Norwegian Sun Nov 13
Royal Princess Sep/Oct 13
Grand Princess 29 Dec 12 plus 4 others
Emerald Princess 17 Nov 12/27 Nov 2012
Disney Magic 13 Oct 2012
Pacific Princess 15 Nov 2011
Sapphire Princess - 23 Oct 2010
Crown Princess - 27 Mar 10 & 05 Sep 2009
Golden Princess - 26 Nov 2008 & 16 Dec 2006
Voyager of the Seas - 30 Mar 2008
Star Princess 03 Dec 2007 plus 2 others
Coral Princess - 29 Dec 2006
Radiance of the Seas - 9 Apr 2006
Tahitian Princess - Oct 04/Feb 2003
Old Royal Princess 4 times
Old Crown Princess 2 times
Old Golden Princess 1 time
Old Island Princess 1 time
Old Star Princess 1 time
Rhapsody of the Seas 1 time
HAL Veendam May 1998

SS Norway 1987
NCL 2 ships
And several other ships
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by ssbeagle
Pia, we won't be down in your neck of the woods until December 2012 especially if I have my knee surgery in May. We'll get together then.
I knew that Caryn and that's why I didn't email you.

OK............. now there are three of us. Waiting for Marcia, Irene and RuthAnn
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

FLORIDA -LAND OF THE MOUSE
1,420 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by cristine
We seem to have a large group from Florida interested in get togethers already , because we are all spread out on both coasts & in between, I suggest we have both a east coast & a west coast. We have time to do a few to give everyone a chance to join in since some of us are only here seasonally.. Then perhaps we could pick 1 central location ( someone suggested Celebration) where we all all meet.... What does everyone think of this idea? Just a thought! I agree the husbands should be included too..
I think it is a great idea. If the drive is too far for us we can always stay at a hotel overnight and head back the next day (Che Marcia might have availablity for a South Florida get together)

Jackie
NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by SOLIVITA LADY
I think it is a great idea. If the drive is too far for us we can always stay at a hotel overnight and head back the next day (Che Marcia might have availablity for a South Florida get together)

Jackie
Will be out most of the day, but need to let John know whether he's golfing on Friday.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by Eppe4
Will be out most of the day, but need to let John know whether he's golfing on Friday.
Hoping to hear from Marcia and Irene. Will try to locate their emails if they don't show up here by 5:00.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Mt Juliet, TN
159 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
Originally posted by Pia1913
Hoping to hear from Marcia and Irene. Will try to locate their emails if they don't show up here by 5:00.
So sorry, Friday is not good for me. Maybe next time. Have fun.
Irene
South FLorida
2,290 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by SOLIVITA LADY
Well Marcia, I may have to take your offer to stay with you if a South Florida group get together so I can meet some of our non Central Florida cruisers.

Of course, if we have something up here in Central Florida I always have a guest room with you name on it.

We are full time residents but will be gone from May 23 to June 4 (trip back to NY to visit friends and family) and then Nov. 28 to Dec 20 for our Pacific Princess TA. That's it for the balance of this year. Next year is another story but we will get to that once 2013 is upon us.

Jackie
You know you are always welcome to stay with us Jackie (Rich too ) and I know we have a room at your house.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by bronxgirl25
You know you are always welcome to stay with us Jackie (Rich too ) and I know we have a room at your house.
Marcia: bottom line. Are you available for lunch at Sawgrass on Friday?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

South FLorida
2,290 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I'm here David still works so only weekends are good for us. Saturday's are best.

Are we getting together with east and west coasters? In your post Pia you only mentioned those of us in Delray, Boynton and Lake Worth. At first I thought Sawgrass is too far, but of course, not if we are including the West Coasters.

Jackie I think you will have to stay here, Sawgrass is almost an hour south of us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by bronxgirl25
I'm here David still works so only weekends are good for us. Saturday's are best.

Are we getting together with east and west coasters? In your post Pia you only mentioned those of us in Delray, Boynton and Lake Worth. At first I thought Sawgrass is too far, but of course, not if we are including the West Coasters.

Jackie I think you will have to stay here, Sawgrass is almost an hour south of us.
See posts #22 and following. They selected this Friday, March 23rd. I was only mentioning you guys because you were the ones who hadn't responded. This is so hard.

I didn't choose any weekend days, simply because we don't have any available until we get back from our next cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Naples, Florida
416 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Pia,
Just a thought.
Maybe a weekend date in the summer would be better, as everyone is busy with company, cruises, etc. Thanks for trying to pull this all together! Haven't met you yet, but did follow your last "live" cruise on the Pacific, as we are doing that ship in december from Rome. Hope your back issue is resolved.
Sue
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Pia,
Just a thought.
Maybe a weekend date in the summer would be better, as everyone is busy with company, cruises, etc. Thanks for trying to pull this all together! Haven't met you yet, but did follow your last "live" cruise on the Pacific, as we are doing that ship in december from Rome. Hope your back issue is resolved.
Sue
Sue, that back issue hopefully was a one time event. Just happened; no idea why. Doc said it just happens. OK. I've done my thing and I don't need it again.

As for Friday, we're OK to go ahead with it if you want to. If Joyce says fine, six of us are good too. And we can always do it again later on. Let's see what Joyce says when she checks in later today.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Naples, Florida
416 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Pia, Better count us out. Our friend and neighbor passed away last night, and just found out that the funeral is this friday. We look forward to getting together another time.
Have a great cruise!
Sue
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Pia, Better count us out. Our friend and neighbor passed away last night, and just found out that the funeral is this friday. We look forward to getting together another time.
Have a great cruise!
Sue
As they say; "the best laid plans of mice and men". Sorry about your friend. Let's see if can't set something definitive up for summer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by Pia1913
As they say; "the best laid plans of mice and men". Sorry about your friend. Let's see if can't set something definitive up for summer.
Pia, don't stress over this, we'll get it together and we'll have a wonderful time. Weekends for us are so busy, our community is party central, and to be perfectly honest, we love it!

I'm meeting Sue at Panera on Wed. morning, just to sit and chat and become new friends, which I know we will. Think her D/H loves to golf where we live.

Long story short, when it's planned, we'll be there. Just booked the Emerald for 10 day on 4/6. Just having so much fun not having to fly to Florida to catch a cruise. Love the last minute prices as well
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce