Florida Cruisers - Meet and Greet

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:29 PM.
44,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by Eppe4
Pia, don't stress over this, we'll get it together and we'll have a wonderful time. Weekends for us are so busy, our community is party central, and to be perfectly honest, we love it!

I'm meeting Sue at Panera on Wed. morning, just to sit and chat and become new friends, which I know we will. Think her D/H loves to golf where we live.

Long story short, when it's planned, we'll be there. Just booked the Emerald for 10 day on 4/6. Just having so much fun not having to fly to Florida to catch a cruise. Love the last minute prices as well
No stress. Not me. Just let me know if you decide to do anything. I can always be reached on Live from the Diamond Princess or LIVE from the Caribbean Princess or anywhere else you can track me by my sig line. Of course you do have my email too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

South FLorida
2,290 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by sue & jerry
Pia, Better count us out. Our friend and neighbor passed away last night, and just found out that the funeral is this friday. We look forward to getting together another time.
Have a great cruise!
Sue
Very sorry to hear about your friend.

Originally posted by Pia1913
As they say; "the best laid plans of mice and men". Sorry about your friend. Let's see if can't set something definitive up for summer.
Originally posted by Eppe4
Pia, don't stress over this, we'll get it together and we'll have a wonderful time. Weekends for us are so busy, our community is party central, and to be perfectly honest, we love it!
We'd never get everyone all together at one time anyway, unless we are very, very lucky. We tried it for the Ruby and it just didn't happen because some people live too far away from wherever the location is. However, I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible, whenever we can pull something together. I know David would want to go, so I say husbands included We can even do a local one when Pia gets back.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by bronxgirl25
Very sorry to hear about your friend.

We'd never get everyone all together at one time anyway, unless we are very, very lucky. We tried it for the Ruby and it just didn't happen because some people live too far away from wherever the location is. However, I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible, whenever we can pull something together. I know David would want to go, so I say husbands included We can even do a local one when Pia gets back.
Marcia,

We feel as you do, want to attend as many as possible. We have a very big house, lots of guest bedrooms, so if anyone wants a meet and greet in Naples, we'll help out. I don't mind getting a hotel to go to central Fl., but I have to get a nice hotel that will accept my 2 girls. Our girls are 2 shih tzu's, there already grieving about next year. But I have a wonderful lady that I can fly down from Boston for the month.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
316 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Hello everyone!

We are Joe and Claire from Mass. actually we are also snowbirds in Fla. from Oct to early April.
If there is a meeting at Sawgrass before we leave for NE in April we will be delighted to meet you otherwise I'm sure we will have the pleasure of meeting you in the fall.

This sounds like it's going to be a more than memorable cruise.

Claire
NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by DreaminginFlorida
Hello everyone!

We are Joe and Claire from Mass. actually we are also snowbirds in Fla. from Oct to early April.
If there is a meeting at Sawgrass before we leave for NE in April we will be delighted to meet you otherwise I'm sure we will have the pleasure of meeting you in the fall.

Claire
Hi Claire,

Welcome aboard. Look forward to meeting you on our Fl. Meet & Greet. We'e over in Naples, but we'll travel.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
Punta Gorda
1,651 Posts
Joined May 2004
Thanks Pia for sending me here.
This is going to be a very active rollcall I can see.
We are Alan and Evana from Punta Gorda FL, and Cicero Indiana.
We have a little over a month before out CB T/A and cruise around the UK.
Then we are spending three weeks in France and Wales before returning to the US on the Queen Mary 2.
My head is totally overwhelmed by the planning for this year so I am going to be putting any planning for this trip on hold until the fall.
NEW YORK
2,332 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by DreaminginFlorida
Hello everyone!

Claire
Hi

We are also snowbirds from the NE - We are from White Plains NY. Where in the NE are you. We will be going home late in May after our Emerald TA late April. See you next year.

Ruth-Ann
Florida
218 Posts
Joined May 2011
I am Sarina and I live in Dunedin on the West Coast. I am already enjoying this cruise. Reading the boards has been fun. I am about one and a half hours from Disney and Sarasota. I'm going to be land-bound until January (I had to cancel a 32 day TA--boo hoo) because my son has announced his engagement and marriage date in October (YEAH!) and other good family events in December. I would love to meet all of you if I'm home and not driving someplace. Sarina
316 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by RASHOPPER2
Hi

We are also snowbirds from the NE - We are from White Plains NY. Where in the NE are you. We will be going home late in May after our Emerald TA late April. See you next year.

Ruth-Ann

Hi Ruth-Ann!

We live about 14 miles north of Boston and a 1/2 hour away from Salem,NH. We are heading back early so we can get settled before sailing to Hawaii on the Star at the end of April.

Enjoy your cruise!
Claire
FLORIDA -LAND OF THE MOUSE
1,420 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by bronxgirl25
I'm here David still works so only weekends are good for us. Saturday's are best.

Are we getting together with east and west coasters? In your post Pia you only mentioned those of us in Delray, Boynton and Lake Worth. At first I thought Sawgrass is too far, but of course, not if we are including the West Coasters.

Jackie I think you will have to stay here, Sawgrass is almost an hour south of us.
Marcia, I don't think we can make this one but perhaps sometime in the future. I already have plans for this date. Bummer!

Jackie
NEW YORK
2,332 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Since a number of us are snowbirds, let's try to plan something this coming winter. If we plan it far enough in advance people will not have already made plans. We will be down mid- November, so anytime after that would be great.

Sue - sorry to hear about your friend. Tells us how each day is precious doesn't it?

Ruth-Ann
316 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by bananavan
Claire:
How far away are you from Beverly MA? (The 14 miles north has me intrigued) Our daughter and her family live there.
Evana

Hello Evana!

We are in Stoneham.Beverly is about a 15 min. up 128.

Claire
316 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by RASHOPPER2
Since a number of us are snowbirds, let's try to plan something this coming winter. If we plan it far enough in advance people will not have already made plans. We will be down mid- November, so anytime after that would be great.

Sue - sorry to hear about your friend. Tells us how each day is precious doesn't it?

Ruth-Ann

We usually are back in Fla. by mid Oct. so this plan works for us.

Sue -Sorry about your friend.

Claire
SW Florida
1,041 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Hello Evana.........just wanted to let you know we are right here in Punta Gorda also. Will be so nice to meet you next month.

Judy from SW Florida
Florida
405 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by sasret
I am Sarina and I live in Dunedin on the West Coast. I am already enjoying this cruise. Reading the boards has been fun. I am about one and a half hours from Disney and Sarasota. I'm going to be land-bound until January (I had to cancel a 32 day TA--boo hoo) because my son has announced his engagement and marriage date in October (YEAH!) and other good family events in December. I would love to meet all of you if I'm home and not driving someplace. Sarina
We are just about neighbors...we live in Odessa. As for Meet and Greet, we too could get to Disney, Sarasota is also close as we spend time in St. Petersburg. Naples isn't that bad as we would stay with relatives.. Another thought, we will be in Sanibel the week of Thanksgiving! Just let us know..would love to meet up before the cruise..would be great, Mary and Marty
NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
We'll be here for Thanksgiving, just have to see if either of our children will be come down for the holiday.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce