S. California - Meet and Greet

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:40 AM.
Canyon Country, California
3,381 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Hello Southern California Rockin Royals. It may be a bit early but I thought I would put it out there. Anyone up for a Meet and Greet Lunch or Dinner. S. Calif. is a mighty big place but I'm sure we could come up with an agreeable place to meet. Your imput is appreciated.

Thanks
Joe O.
NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by waltd
Hello Southern California Rockin Royals. It may be a bit early but I thought I would put it out there. Anyone up for a Meet and Greet Lunch or Dinner. S. Calif. is a mighty big place but I'm sure we could come up with an agreeable place to meet. Your imput is appreciated.

Thanks
Joe O.
My input is that I'm jealous. Want to be at ALL the meet & greets!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
Northern California
2,667 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Joe are you including the North Also? cant make any dinner

If so count Kathy and I in
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
WINE A BIT
YOU WILL FEEL BETTER
3,381 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Hi Jim

Well I think N. California is a long way to drive for a meet and greet but you and Kathy sure are welcome. Not sure when we will meet. I'm thinking of some time late spring unless I hear otherwise from folks. I thought waiting a bit we might get a few more people. I think Bill from Palmdale might join us depending on his and his wifes schedule. Are you up for lunch? dinner? or maybe just meet at a winnery local for a drink and bites to eat? I'm easy and I don't mind driving a bit.

Nice to hear from you.

Thanks
Joe
Northern California
2,667 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Hi Jim

Well I think N. California is a long way to drive for a meet and greet but you and Kathy sure are welcome. Not sure when we will meet. I'm thinking of some time late spring unless I hear otherwise from folks. I thought waiting a bit we might get a few more people. I think Bill from Palmdale might join us depending on his and his wifes schedule. Are you up for lunch? dinner? or maybe just meet at a winnery local for a drink and bites to eat? I'm easy and I don't mind driving a bit.

Nice to hear from you.

Thanks
Joe
Joe

At this time work is all I'm doing, I would make plans around the Southern group and let me in on the date.
I agree to wait as more will book or find this site, thanks for starting it
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
WINE A BIT
YOU WILL FEEL BETTER
Palmdale, Ca
33,880 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Count Holli & I in for any planned get together. Judy (Volvodoll) probably would be interested as well.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Star Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 11/18
Future: Emerald Princess Alaska R/T From from Los Angeles 04/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal Cruise 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
North Coastal San Diego county
8,494 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Marianne & I live in Encinitas;which is North Coastal San Diego county .

If there was a meeting place in San diego or Orange county (around the Disney land area ,we could make a luncheon as a Meet & greet pre cruise .

Let us know via e-mail :[email protected]

Cliff
San Diego
6,028 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Cliff,
Lew and I live in Poway Ca. Not far from you. (North San Diego County)
We have met LA people at the Elephant Bar, off the 5 freeway.I believe there are several freeways that cross near that area.

For Southern Ca. get togethers, please add Lew and Gloria Sherman
The best part of cruising is the new people we meet.
Regards,
Gloria (also known as sandiegosue)
So. California
1,444 Posts
Joined May 2006
We're up for a So. Calif. M & G. Val and I are in Santa Clarita.

Joe, I think we were on a cruise with you before but I don't remember if we met onboard. We live very near you. Please let us know what you set up.

This is going to be a great cruise! Can't believe how quickly the Royal booked up and the amazing roll call.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Val & Beth

8,494 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by san diego sue
Cliff,
Lew and I live in Poway Ca. Not far from you. (North San Diego County)
We have met LA people at the Elephant Bar, off the 5 freeway.I believe there are several freeways that cross near that area.

For Southern Ca. get togethers, please add Lew and Gloria Sherman
The best part of cruising is the new people we meet.
Regards,
Gloria (also known as sandiegosue)
Sue is that elephant bar restaurant in the Disneyland area ? That surely would be a good place to meet for lunch --they have good food . We would welcome doing a Southern Calif M&G there .

This will be a fabulous cruise on a beautiful new ship

Cliff

Cliff
8,494 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
For Those who live in the Santa Clarita city area & Bob in Palmdale --not only our daughter & her family live on 5 acres in Acton ;but ,we lived in Saugus from 1967 until 1990 . We are well familar with the area we raised our 4 children in the santa Clarita valley .It's asmall world afterall

Marianne & Cliff
3,381 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Hi guys. Just got back from Lake Arrowhead. Cold and beautiful today. Were the two of you on the Jan. Grand Princess? We did the 7 day. Took Jak's mom with us. She lives in Miami. She had never been on a cruise before. She loved it. We never did make it to the meet and greet on board. We had our hands full with his mom and showing her the ship.
I'm open for suggestions for a meet and greet. Val and Beth and Jak and I and Bob and Holli are all pretty close to each other. So it would not be hard to find a place to meet close by. For Marianne and Cliff and Lew and Gloria I'm wondering if you might want to start a thread for a meet and greet in the San Diego Area. It might be a long drive for all meeting some where half way. If not then the meet and greet would probably have to be on a weekend since I believe some are still working. Just a suggestion. Very happy that we have so many cruisers from the S. California area gong on the New Royal.

Joe
Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
18,753 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
We'd be interested in a pre-cruise M&G & live in Simi Valley...Frank & Helena

Except for 'phyljim' who we met last October on the Crown, we only 'know' the other roll call members from their posts.
California
1,251 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by san diego sue
Cliff,
Yes the Elephant Bar not far from Disneyland.
We met with some Cruise Critic friends up there and it was nice and private as we did this between lunch and dinner.

If this E-bar close to Disneyland is anything like the one in San Diego that would be a good place. When I worked in San Diego around University City in the 80s we had "staff meetings" at the E-bar in University City every Thursday after 5pm. No business was conducted, but there was some drinking and eating. The word got around and soon we increased from around 10 to more than 50, including management. Those were the days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Eddie .
.......................... Every year without a tombstone is a milestone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent using the Cruise Critic website on my Laptop.
8,494 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

Thanks
Joe O.
Joe
Sue from San Diego made a good recommendation to hold the M& G at the Elephant Bar near Disneyland . Seems to me that is a good mid point between LA & SD counties & who knows perhaps there will be more people joining us here for the M& G Southern Calif style

Just let us know by e-mail : [email protected] the address ,the date of the M&G & the time we will all meet .That sounds like a lot of Fun

Cliff & Marianne
San Diego
6,028 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
There will be others that will come as well. There are people that live in Fullerton that are currently on a cruise who are booked on this one as
well but haven't posted yet.
Yes, the Elephant Bar is like the ones in San Diego, have several rooms rather than one big noisy one.

Coming from the Valley or Santa Clarita area not that far. Last weekend
we went to Northridge and met up with two cruise critic couples, one of
which is Ibfern(screen name) and the other couple are planning on booking this week. For us a short 2 1/2 trip from San Diego, well worth it.
3,381 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Then the E Bar near Disneyland might be a good place to meet. Just have to pick a time and date that works for most. Still thinking a weekend for those that work. Not a great ride during rush hour. Shall we wait a few more weeks than decide. Give a few more cruisers time to chime in.

Joe
3,381 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Did some further investigation for the E. Bar. The address would be
14303 Firestone Blvd
La Mirada Ca
714 994 1474
The restaurant is right off the 5 Freeway. They do have a banquet room and also smaller rooms if we have less than 20 people. If we do a weekend Saturday sounds like the best time and some time between 1 and 3 as the restaurant is a bit quieter. The restaurant requests that we only have one check if we have 8 or more people.

More to follow in the coming days.

Joe
8,494 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Then the E Bar near Disneyland might be a good place to meet. Just have to pick a time and date that works for most. Still thinking a weekend for those that work. Not a great ride during rush hour. Shall we wait a few more weeks than decide. Give a few more cruisers time to chime in.

Joe
Joe we have lots of time to do the M&G .Suggeat that the fall of the year around October might be appropriate (a year from sailing)

We are on a R/T Hawaii 15 night cruise on Celebrity Century from San Diego . The cruise lasts from april 20th to May 5th . We won't be totally back in our stride for about a week after the cruise ends . Then we fly to Maui from august 3rd to 13th this year .We are treating our oldest daughter for her 50 th birthday

If all the others & any new faces show up every one can chime in as to their preference for a weekend day/date. Yes ,the week day traffic is horrific ,that is why we moved to Encinitas Being retired doesn't hurt either

We lived in Saugus from 1967 (23000 in the Santa clarita Valley back then ) to 1990 .

Cliff