S. California - Meet and Greet

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:07 AM.
Canyon Country, California
3,385 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Thanks Cliff I agree that later in the year would be best. Jak and I moved out to Canyon Country from Burbank about 3 years ago. I'm now retired from Disney as of last August but poor Jak still works and does the drive to Universal Studios every day. It took a while to get use to country living but now that I'm at home I like the quiet. We will be leaving on May 9th for two 5 day cruises along the coast. LA to Vancouver then Vancouver to Seattle. Can't wait. Loved our Hawaii RT on Princess a few years ago. I love Hawaii period. So for now hope everyone has a great summer and in the fall we will set things up. Anyone new that would like to come to the meet and greet just chime in and any and all suggestions are always welcome.

Joe
San Diego
6,029 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Yes, I agree the Fall would be best.Probably we will add many others between now and then, that would like to join us.
We are leaving for Asia next month, on the longest cruise we have ever been on, 35 days plus pre cruise in Singapore. There are several So Ca.
people on the Royal that will be with us on the Asia cruise (Diamond).
Glad that my suggestion of the Elephant Bar will work for all of us.
Regards,
Gloria (also known as sue)
3,385 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Gloria have a wonderful trip. And don't forget about us. Love the live posts and especially from Asia as we have never been there and it is on my bucket list. Maybe some day. I know internet minutes are precious but maybe you can do a followup when you get back. Thanks for your suggestions.

Happy sailing
Joe
So. California
1,444 Posts
Joined May 2006
We are fine with E Bar in the OC as long as it's a weekend. We still work but drive isn't too bad. We can set date as we get closer.

Cliff, Santa Clarita has really grown since you've been gone. Lots of new construction and mall has some nice upgrades. Bridgeport center is nice - some great restaurants there. Enjoy your Hawaii cruise. We've done the Princess one twice and love it.

Joe, sorry we missed meeting up with you on the Grand. Hope you had a good time. We are traveling with my dad and step mom on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Will be a perfect place to spend Thanksgiving.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Val & Beth

3,385 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Yes we did have a wonderful time. Wished that the weather was a bit warmer or a little less windy but overall great. We did need a vacation when we got back.
So. California
1,444 Posts
Joined May 2006
Joe, we did the coastal on the Sapphire & it's a great cruise. Friends drove up and met us in Santa Barbara. Loved Pikes Place market. Are you planning on Buchart Gardens in Victoria? Gorgeous!!!! We did B2B on the Grand in Jan. The second week with Aruba/Curacao was much warmer. We tried out the Sanctuary for a few days and loved it. Now I am hooked on citrus or cucumber water.

Gloria, have fun on your Asian cruise - boy 35 days, that's a long one. Friends just got back from that one and said weather was cold so hope you get warmer weather. Looking forward to hearing about it. Have a Singapore sling for me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Val & Beth

North Coastal San Diego county
8,507 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by Calif Cruisers
We are fine with E Bar in the OC as long as it's a weekend. We still work but drive isn't too bad. We can set date as we get closer.

Cliff, Santa Clarita has really grown since you've been gone. Lots of new construction and mall has some nice upgrades. Bridgeport center is nice - some great restaurants there. Enjoy your Hawaii cruise. We've done the Princess one twice and love it.

Joe, sorry we missed meeting up with you on the Grand. Hope you had a good time. We are traveling with my dad and step mom on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Will be a perfect place to spend Thanksgiving.
Val yes we are aware of all the changes to the Santa Clarita Valley . Our youngest daughter & her family live on 5 acres in Acton . They love it there .

We are going to Hawaii twice this year . Once is our 15 night cruise April 20th & the next we fly into Maui August 3rd & fly back on August 13th . we are treating our oldest daughter for her 50th birthday . We found a great 2 bedroom condo on a resort at Kamaole Beach ,Kehei Maui (very near Wailea ). The resort is called Kamaole Sands & you can acess it by going to www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner ) .There are great deals on VRBO all over the world .we lucked out as one of the best snorkeling beaches on Maui is across from the condo complex & they have life guards (not all beaches in Hawaii have life guards & the ocean can be tricky )

Cliff
3,385 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Val we have done the coast many times and have pretty much done most of the tours. We are just going to get away. For me the ship is the vacation. And of course I love seeing the shows, again, and I do like to eat especially when I don't have to cook it. LOL Not sure what we will do but whatever it is we will have fun as always.

Joe
8,507 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by waltd
Thanks Cliff I agree that later in the year would be best. Jak and I moved out to Canyon Country from Burbank about 3 years ago. I'm now retired from Disney as of last August but poor Jak still works and does the drive to Universal Studios every day. It took a while to get use to country living but now that I'm at home I like the quiet. We will be leaving on May 9th for two 5 day cruises along the coast. LA to Vancouver then Vancouver to Seattle. Can't wait. Loved our Hawaii RT on Princess a few years ago. I love Hawaii period. So for now hope everyone has a great summer and in the fall we will set things up. Anyone new that would like to come to the meet and greet just chime in and any and all suggestions are always welcome.

Joe
Joe we have done that cruise 3 times in repositioning & we have visited Alaska 4 times & our favorite area in between is Vancouver & Vancouver island .

Have a great time on your 2 five day cruises

Cliff
8,507 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by san diego sue
Yes, I agree the Fall would be best.Probably we will add many others between now and then, that would like to join us.
We are leaving for Asia next month, on the longest cruise we have ever been on, 35 days plus pre cruise in Singapore. There are several So Ca.
people on the Royal that will be with us on the Asia cruise (Diamond).
Glad that my suggestion of the Elephant Bar will work for all of us.
Regards,
Gloria (also known as sue)
Gloria have a wonderful time on your Asia cruise. do you have room in your suit case for 2 more LOL

Cliff
3,385 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Cliff one of our favorite spots is also Vancouver. Gloria if you can take two more than 4 should not be a problem either
Inland Empire, CA
10,152 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
We would be coming from the IE. Looks like E Bar is about 90 minutes away without traffic. We would prefer a weekend and will be cruising for some or most of September.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruise: 11/17 - Ruby Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 09/18 - Golden Princess - Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
Past Cruises: 11/16 - Pacific Princess - Adriatic & Aegean Connoisseur; 12/15 - Pacific Princess - 50th Anniversary Mexican Riviera; 2/15 - Crown Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Santa Barbara; 09/14 - Regal Princess - Grand Med (Left cruise in Mykonos after 6 days due to family medical issue at home); 03/14 - Grand Princess - 10 Day Mexico from SF; 01/14 - Sapphire Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 06/13 - Emerald Princess - Baltic; 01/13 - Island Princess - Panama Canal; 09/12 - Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal; 09/12 - Golden Princess - Inside Passage (B2B Glacier Bay & Tracy Arm); 09/11 - Sapphire Princess - California Coastal; 04/11 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera; 08/10 - Coral Princess - Voyage of the Glaciers; 03/10 - Star Princess - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (The Shortened Post Earthquake Cruise); 02/10 - Star Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso around Cape Horn (the Chilean Earthquake Cruise); 10/09 - Golden Princess - Hawaii; 11/07 - Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera; 02/07 - Grand Princess - Western Caribbean from Galveston; 04/06 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal RT from FLL; 10/04 - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan; 05/02 - Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas (3 Night)
Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
18,753 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
I realize that it will be nearly impossible to find a good time for everyone to have this gathering however we'll be gone for most of November & December.

That E-Bar is 60 miles from us which is a 60-90 minute drive depending upon traffic which generally is best on the weekends.
3,385 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Thanks for all your imput. Having the Meet and Greet on a weekend works best for me also. Thanks Joe
Palmdale, Ca
33,884 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
In 2010, we had the So Cal Meet and greet at Captain jack's in HB. I absolutely love that place.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Star Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 11/18
Future: Emerald Princess Alaska R/T From from Los Angeles 04/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal Cruise 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
8,507 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by Astro Flyer
I realize that it will be nearly impossible to find a good time for everyone to have this gathering however we'll be gone for most of November & December.

That E-Bar is 60 miles from us which is a 60-90 minute drive depending upon traffic which generally is best on the weekends.
Hi Frank if we pick each weekend date in October ,we should be able to come up with one good Saturday that would meet most every ones needs

From Encinitas where we live to the Disneyland or adjacent area, it is about 90 minute drive up the 5 frwy . However ,we are flexible as to the meeting place ;as long as it is reasonable ( It seems Orange county is pretty central from LA ,Riverside ,SB ,& SD counties)

What is important is that it is quiet so we can talk over lunch .

There is a Mimis Cafe near the Disney parks were we once had a M&G ,just to throw out a idea . Not sure they could accomodate a large group of uproaring ,kicking southern Cal breds LOL

I feel that since Joe started this thread & the idea of a So. Ca. M&G, he just asks every one which Saturday in October that they aren't traveling some where in the world . Then he picks a place & give all of us the date & time & address of the restaurant (would encourage Joe to phone the restaurant owner or mgr to advise him/her the # of people --they could give us a separate area/room all to our selves --"they want our business ""LOL)

We all need to be flexible to make the M& G a reality

Cliff
Laguna Niguel, CA
1,521 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Captain Jack's in Huntington Beach is my favorite too!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy
2019 Royal Princess Coastal LA to Vancouver
2018 Grand Princess Alaska San Francisco Roundtrip
2017 Regal Princess Northern Europe Transatlantic
2016 Caribbean Princess British Isle Transatlantic
2015 Ruby Princess Coastal Getaway
2015 Royal Princess Western Europe Passage
2014 Golden Princess West Coast Getaway
2014 Sapphire Grand Asia Pacific Crossing
2014 Sapphire Coastal Sampler
2013 Golden Princess West Coast Getaway
2012 Grand Princess London Transatlantic
2011 Sapphire Princess Coastal LA Roundtrip
2010 Golden Princess LA to Hawaii Roundtrip
2009 Golden Princess Vancouver to LA
2008 Caribbean Princess New England
2007 Star Princess Scandinavia/Russia
2006 Golden Princess Western Europe/Bristish Isles
2005 Celebrity Infinity Northwest
2004 Diamond Princess Alaska
1997 Carnival Mexico
1985 Carnival Bahamas
1967 Matson Lurline Hawaii to San Francisco

Palmdale, Ca
33,884 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by candide333
Captain Jack's in Huntington Beach is my favorite too!
I was slightly mistaken. It's actually Sunset Beach. not Huntington Beach.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Star Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 11/18
Future: Emerald Princess Alaska R/T From from Los Angeles 04/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal Cruise 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread