N. California - Meet and Greet

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:52 AM.
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi all. I'd like to see if there's interest in holding a Meet & Greet for Rockin' Royals in the Northern California area. We've done this before and it's a great way to get acquainted (or renew old acquaintances) before the cruise.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

Princess - 46 Cruises, 545 Days
HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Sacramento, CA
1,649 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by WineCountryCruiser
Hi all. I'd like to see if there's interest in holding a Meet & Greet for Rockin' Royals in the Northern California area. We've done this before and it's a great way to get acquainted (or renew old acquaintances) before the cruise.

Craig
Craig, that would be great. There are a few of us in the Sacramento, Elk Grove and Lodi area and I am sure they would like to get together. That is the very plumbing shop in Calistoga I was referring to. The owner is my oldest brother...Dave. Let us know when you want to get together and I can send this out to the others in our area...Claudia
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Kennykat
Craig, that would be great. There are a few of us in the Sacramento, Elk Grove and Lodi area and I am sure they would like to get together. That is the very plumbing shop in Calistoga I was referring to. The owner is my oldest brother...Dave. Let us know when you want to get together and I can send this out to the others in our area...Claudia
Will do. What a small world! I've known Dave & Suzan for years. Really great people.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Bernadette & Eric checking in here. BTW, I know the plumbing shop well since it is the only local plumber here and if I ever needed a plumber, I would use S*** plumbing. We have lived here in Calistoga for about 7 years now, before that, it was Napa. Husband is a Native Yountville'r.
Sacramento, CA
1,649 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by timetravler
Bernadette & Eric checking in here. BTW, I know the plumbing shop well since it is the only local plumber here and if I ever needed a plumber, I would use S*** plumbing. We have lived here in Calistoga for about 7 years now, before that, it was Napa. Husband is a Native Yountville'r.
What a small world....I went to Siena HS and graduated in 1972, does Eric have a sister who was in my class? Claudia
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
What a small world....I went to Siena HS and graduated in 1972, does Eric have a sister who was in my class? Claudia
He has 2 sisters but Francie went to Sienna. She later became a RN
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Will do. What a small world! I've known Dave & Suzan for years. Really great people.

Craig
Did you mention doing some wine shopping in Barcelona? We might want to do that as we are looking for a wine from a winery near Florence called Verrimista. Thsi particular winery family started the Vespa scooter Co. Anyways, we loved their wine and want to buy more to bring home. So we are game for any type of wine shopping.
Sacramento, CA
1,649 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
He has 2 sisters but Francie went to Sienna. She later became a RN

Yes, Francie and I were in the same class.... Claudia
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Yes, Francie and I were in the same class.... Claudia
Well now, how cool is that, I have to give her a call and let her know.
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I might be able to arrange a little picnic at Bennett Lane winery as long as we buy a bottle of wine while we are there. I can get a bottle at a discount. The outside picnic area is grass with flowers all around and vineyards beyond that. This is in Calistoga BTW. We could do it in the spring or summer or even the fall. Food could be deli trays with good bread, or sandwiches or heck even both. Let me know if anyone is interested in this sort of get together.
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I might be able to arrange a little picnic at Bennett Lane winery as long as we buy a bottle of wine while we are there. I can get a bottle at a discount. The outside picnic area is grass with flowers all around and vineyards beyond that. This is in Calistoga BTW. We could do it in the spring or summer or even the fall. Food could be deli trays with good bread, or sandwiches or heck even both. Let me know if anyone is interested in this sort of get together.
Thanks. That's a very nice suggestion. Extremely convenient for us but what do our "long distance" folks think?

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Eastern North Carolina
2,590 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Thanks. That's a very nice suggestion. Extremely convenient for us but what do our "long distance" folks think? Craig
Craig and other CA Folks,
I'm "long distance" since I live in North Carolina. I go to Marin every July for 2 weeks but with son and his family and about 20 friends waiting for me ... it would be difficult to find the time for trip to wine country. So, my heart in is SF and Marin, but my body is in NC.

How about I meet all of you for a drink on the Royal.
Have fun at your picnic!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Franky - CarolinaCruisers2

Future Cruises:
2018 Sapphire Princess – Mediterranean & Southeast Asia (28)

2018 Emerald – Alaska InsidePassage (7)
2018 Grand Princess– Mexican Riviera (10)

Past Cruises:
2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 Caribbean Princess –Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest to Amsterdam;2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – New England/Canada;2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess - GrandMediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL – SF;2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean.
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Carolina Cruisers 2
I'm "long distance" since I live in North Carolina. I go to Marin every July for 2 weeks but with son and his family and about 20 friends waiting for me ... it would be difficult to find the time for trip to wine country. So, my heart in is SF and Marin, but my body is in NC.

Have fun at your picnic!
Hey Franky. I'm thinking of having this group meet onboard as well. You can participate there as well as in spirit here in California.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Northern California
3,568 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
We're in Sacramento and are interested in a pre-cruise get-together with all of you. Once a place, date, and time is arranged, we will then be able to decide if we can make it or not. This far out, we can't really say yea or nay anyway. A meeting onboard is always an option for us also.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy and Bruce

California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008

Have fun at your picnic!
Did I tell you that I grew up in Marin. I am the class of 1967 Terra Linda high and went to college of Marin from 1967 until 1970. I moved away from Marin in 1972 to Napa. Do we know each other?
Sacramento, CA
1,649 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Well now, how cool is that, I have to give her a call and let her know.

Please tell her hi from Claudia S.
Eastern North Carolina
2,590 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Did I tell you that I grew up in Marin. I am the class of 1967 Terra Linda high and went to college of Marin from 1967 until 1970. I moved away from Marin in 1972 to Napa. Do we know each other?
Perhaps if our children were opponets in swim, tennis or soccer?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Franky - CarolinaCruisers2

Future Cruises:
2018 Sapphire Princess – Mediterranean & Southeast Asia (28)

2018 Emerald – Alaska InsidePassage (7)
2018 Grand Princess– Mexican Riviera (10)

Past Cruises:
2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 Caribbean Princess –Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest to Amsterdam;2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – New England/Canada;2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess - GrandMediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL – SF;2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean.
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Perhaps if our children were opponets in swim, tennis or soccer?
No none of that. I am far more athletic now then back in the 60's or 70's. I bike ride and do a lot of walking. I use to snow ski, but no longer. On the other hand my kids who were born in Napa and my grandkids play soccer, snow ski, horse back ride, ice skate, rollar blade, swim and the oldest plays basketball. But I still love Marin, Mt Tam especially and the beaches. My last name is the same name as a beach and town in Marin. It starts with a S.