N. California - Meet and Greet

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:31 PM.
Santa Rosa, CA
59 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Hi All,

Dave and Glenne here. I have read of some of the get together's for those of us on the Royal TA Oct. 9th. We would like to join in any upcoming events if possible.

Thanks

Dave and Glenne
daveweibel at comcast dot net
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED Deihlman Cruises Rhone River Lyon to the Med and Return
SAILED Deihlman Cruises Sohne River Paris to the Atlantic and Return
SAILED Coral Princess Los Angeles RT Mexico 2008
SAILED Queen Victoria, Los Angeles RT Hawaii 2010
SAILED Seaborne Quest Aug. 2011, Athens to Venice
SAILED Coral Princess 3/13/12 Panama Canal LA to FLL
SAILED AMA AmaLyra 11/27/12 Danube River Budapest to Nurenburg
SAILED Royal Princess 10/9/13 Mediterranean (Venice, Mesina, Naples, Rome, Cannes, Barcelona, Maderia) to Fort Lauderdale.
SAILED Celebrity Millennium 3/2/14 Singapore, Bangkok, Vietnam(3), Hong Kong
SAILED Crown Princess 10/17/15 28 Days r/t from San Pedro CA, to Hawaii, Western and Am. Samoa, French Polynesia
SAILED Baltic Heritage July 9, 2016 14 Days r/t Southampton, Bruges, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Gdansk
SAILED 10 Day Alaska, R/T San Francisco
BOOKED 10 Day Panama Canal (New Locks) R/T Ft. Lauderdale
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by A Owner
Hi All,

Dave and Glenne here. I have read of some of the get together's for those of us on the Royal TA Oct. 9th. We would like to join in any upcoming events if possible.

Thanks

Dave and Glenne
daveweibel at comcast dot net
Dave and Glenne, it is too late to book the BVE on the Grand which is this Saturday. But check this site every so often in case someone plans another get-together. Believe it or not, but we had a get-together last year in the Napa Valley for Northern Ca. Eric and I live in Calistoga, so not far from you at all. Hope to see you soon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bernadette & Eric
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
We're leaving for San Francisco shortly and look forward to seeing everyone at the BVE. What time is everyone planning to be at pier 35?

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

Princess - 46 Cruises, 545 Days
HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Lincoln, CA
139 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Originally posted by WineCountryCruiser
We're leaving for San Francisco shortly and look forward to seeing everyone at the BVE. What time is everyone planning to be at pier 35?

Craig
We are planning on being there around 10:30. Hopefully, we will have no problems with traffic. We are bringing Ken and Claudia with us. I think Bernadette thought we should be there around 10:30.

We were in the city on Wednesday, and it was a nice day. It should be a nice day tomorrow, but I always throw a jacket in the car when going there. On Wednesday, it was nice, but there was a huge bank of fog on the Golden Gate Bridge, and we could only see the towers .
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by bfmac
We are planning on being there around 10:30. Hopefully, we will have no problems with traffic. We are bringing Ken and Claudia with us. I think Bernadette thought we should be there around 10:30.

We were in the city on Wednesday, and it was a nice day. It should be a nice day tomorrow, but I always throw a jacket in the car when going there. On Wednesday, it was nice, but there was a huge bank of fog on the Golden Gate Bridge, and we could only see the towers .
Then 10:30 it is. We're in the city now and the weather is beautiful, low 70s with minimal wind.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Then 10:30 it is. We're in the city now and the weather is beautiful, low 70s with minimal wind.

Craig
I think is it supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow. So was thinking of wearing a dress with a sweater? Ken wants to wear shorts and a shirt...hopefully he will get into the dining room. What do you think, should we dress for colder weather as might be a breeze? Thanks, Claudia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Kennykat
I think is it supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow. So was thinking of wearing a dress with a sweater? Ken wants to wear shorts and a shirt...hopefully he will get into the dining room. What do you think, should we dress for colder weather as might be a breeze? Thanks, Claudia
I think your proposed attire will be fine. You might want to take a light wrap (though you'll likely end up leaving it in the car).

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Marin County, Ca. (SF Bay Area/Wine Country)
3,337 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Please give post a report of your BVE for those of us who could not attend. If you have some pics, please post those as well.

Jayne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
10/01/17 Emerald Princess-7 Days-Mexican Riviera
03/30/18 Emerald Princess-28 Days-South Pacific
Past Cruises:
05/08/17 Grand Princess-10 Days-Inside Passage/Glacier Bay Alaska
10/05/16 Grand Princess-10 Days-Mexican Riviera
04/17/16 Grand Princess-7 Days-California Coastal
10/17/15 Crown Princess-28 Days-Hawaii, Tahiti & Somoa
09/02/14 Royal Princess-25 days-Northern Europe Grand Adventure-Berlin to New York
09/27/13 Royal Princes-30 Days-Maiden Passage Grand Adventure-Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale
05/20/13 Grand Princess-10 Days-Inside Passage/Glacier Bay Alaska
12/02/12 Ruby Princess-7 Days-Eastern Caribbean
02/18/12 Star Princess-30 Days-Cape Horn & Andes Grand: Rio to SF
02/06/11 Emerald Princess-20 Days-Southern/Eastern Caribbean
12/18/10 Sapphire Princess-4 Days-Mexico Sampler
10/24/09 Star Princess-30 Days-Sydney to LA
11/10/08 Star Princess-10 Days-Mexico
05/29/08 Tahitian Princess-14 Days-Alaska-Connoissuer Gulf
09/24/07 Coral Princess-2 Day Coastal-Vancouver to SF
04/26/07 Island Princess-15 Days-Hawaii
05/03/06 Coral Princess-15 Days-Panama Canal, Ft Lauderdale to SF
11/01/04 Sapphire Princess-10 Days-Mexico
12/1952 R.M.S Ascania (Cunard)-Transatlantic-Liverpool to New York (my 1st Birthday coming to the USA)
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Irishjayne
Please give post a report of your BVE for those of us who could not attend. If you have some pics, please post those as well.

Jayne
Had a great time at the BVE. The weather was incredible (nice break from the 100 degree temperatures at our home). Wandered around the ship and chatted with crew that we sailed with on the Grand to Hawaii at the end of April. Then had a nice lunch in the Da Vinci dining room. Also replenished our stick of Future Cruise Credits -- we had used the last ones to book our 2015 around Australia and New Zealand cruises.

There were 5 couples, Claudia & Ken (Kennykat), Dall & Pat (Cruisingrandpa), Bobbe & Frank (bfmac), Bernadette & Eric (timetravler), and Barb & I. We had a group photo take at lunch using Claudia's camera and I think she or Ken will post it.

What a great way to have a meet & greet.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
3,337 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Thanks for the report. I look forward to any pictures should anyone want to post them.

Jayne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
Past Cruises:
09/02/14 Royal Princess-25 days-Northern Europe Grand Adventure-Berlin to New York
09/27/13 Royal Princes-30 Days-Maiden Passage Grand Adventure-Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale
12/1952 R.M.S Ascania (Cunard)-Transatlantic-Liverpool to New York (my 1st Birthday coming to the USA)
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Had a great time at the BVE. The weather was incredible (nice break from the 100 degree temperatures at our home). Wandered around the ship and chatted with crew that we sailed with on the Grand to Hawaii at the end of April. Then had a nice lunch in the Da Vinci dining room. Also replenished our stick of Future Cruise Credits -- we had used the last ones to book our 2015 around Australia and New Zealand cruises.

There were 5 couples, Claudia & Ken (Kennykat), Dall & Pat (Cruisingrandpa), Bobbe & Frank (bfmac), Bernadette & Eric (timetravler), and Barb & I. We had a group photo take at lunch using Claudia's camera and I think she or Ken will post it.

What a great way to have a meet & greet.

Craig

It was a beautiful day in the city! Enjoyed the ship and our cruise critic friends. I have a picture to share and need to figure out how to get them on this site. I am sorry we didn't get everyone in the picture as Dall and Pat and their grandson are missing from the picture. The dining table wasn't large enough for all of us to sit together. It was a wonderful experience and wished we could have sailed away to Alaska.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
3,337 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
It was a beautiful day in the city! Enjoyed the ship and our cruise critic friends. I have a picture to share and need to figure out how to get them on this site. I am sorry we didn't get everyone in the picture as Dall and Pat and their grandson are missing from the picture. The dining table wasn't large enough for all of us to sit together. It was a wonderful experience and wished we could have sailed away to Alaska.
Claudia,

I just copy and paste pictures.

Jayne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
Past Cruises:
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jayne here is a picture of our group.. Hard to see the picture, it is Ken and I, Bobbe and Frank, Craig and Barbara, and Bernadette and Eric...Claudia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-06-29 14.46.41.jpg (21.4 KB, 16 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
3,337 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Jayne here is a picture of our group.. Hard to see the picture, it is Ken and I, Bobbe and Frank, Craig and Barbara, and Bernadette and Eric...Claudia
Thanks for posting the pic.

Jayne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises:
Past Cruises:
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Perfect choice for a BVE. Had so much fun on the ship. They even had a wedding going on at the aft pool that day. Such perfect weather too which is rare for the city. Great picture too. See ya all in about 3 months
Oh for those that don't know me, I'm the short one,lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bernadette & Eric
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by timetravler
Perfect choice for a BVE. Had so much fun on the ship. They even had a wedding going on at the aft pool that day. Such perfect weather too which is rare for the city. Great picture too. See ya all in about 3 months
Oh for those that don't know me, I'm the short one,lol

Bernadette, it was a perfect day and a great group of people! All in all it was a fun day! See you soon! Claudia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature