N. California - Meet and Greet

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:30 PM.
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by WineCountryCruiser
Thanks. That's a very nice suggestion. Extremely convenient for us but what do our "long distance" folks think?

Craig

Craig, That sounds good to us! Will wait to here what others think. Claudia
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Kennykat
Craig, That sounds good to us! Will wait to here what others think. Claudia
I agree that it is way too early for a get together. But I thought I would mention the winery idea so people in the Sac area and beyond could think about it since the Napa Valley is somewhat of a popular tourist spot world wide.
Eastern North Carolina
2,591 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by timetravler
No none of that. I am far more athletic now then back in the 60's or 70's. I bike ride and do a lot of walking. I use to snow ski, but no longer. On the other hand my kids who were born in Napa and my grandkids play soccer, snow ski, horse back ride, ice skate, rollar blade, swim and the oldest plays basketball. But I still love Marin, Mt Tam especially and the beaches. My last name is the same name as a beach and town in Marin. It starts with a S.
Sausalito ... nice last name.

Just teasing... got you and look forward to meeting you on the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Franky - CarolinaCruisers2

Future Cruises:
2018 Sapphire Princess – Mediterranean & Southeast Asia (28)

2018 Emerald – Alaska InsidePassage (7)
2018 Grand Princess– Mexican Riviera (10)

Past Cruises:
2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 Caribbean Princess –Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest to Amsterdam;2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – New England/Canada;2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess - GrandMediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL – SF;2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean.
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Carolina Cruisers 2
Sausalito ... nice last name.

Just teasing... got you and look forward to meeting you on the ship.
First good laugh of the day.
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I agree that it is way too early for a get together. But I thought I would mention the winery idea so people in the Sac area and beyond could think about it since the Napa Valley is somewhat of a popular tourist spot world wide.

This sounds like a very nice place to get together for the Northern Ca Cruise Critic group....
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
So is everyone thinking a meet up next spring, maybe in May or so? Also we could have a couple of them. One this year, maybe in the fall, like Sept and another one next spring. I am game for anything you might want to do, well almost anything Heck we have at least all summer to think about it.
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
So is everyone thinking a meet up next spring, maybe in May or so? Also we could have a couple of them. One this year, maybe in the fall, like Sept and another one next spring. I am game for anything you might want to do, well almost anything Heck we have at least all summer to think about it.
Given how early we are, I'm thinking of two pre-cruise get togethers (in addition to an onboard gathering). Perhaps one sometime this year and another, say, late next spring. We could do this year's gathering as a picnic in the Calistoga area as has been suggested and then next year's as a dinner at a location that is more or less central to the distribution of the people in our group.

Comments? Other ideas?

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

Princess - 46 Cruises, 545 Days
HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Northern California
3,573 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
A couple of dates/places for a pre-cruise get-together sounds good to me. I wonder how many of us 'Northerners' will be on this cruise. There seems to be a bunch of those 'Southerners'.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy and Bruce

California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I like the idea of two get together. I also like doing my Bennett Lane winery get together this year and dinner next year closer to the Sacramento area. That would be great.
About more Southerns on this cruise, perhaps that is because they have more people? I'm not sure. The difference to me between Northern Cal and Southern Cal is like two different states. But Have to be nice as I do have a Los Angeles relative that is great.
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I like the idea of two get together. I also like doing my Bennett Lane winery get together this year and dinner next year closer to the Sacramento area. That would be great.
About more Southerns on this cruise, perhaps that is because they have more people? I'm not sure. The difference to me between Northern Cal and Southern Cal is like two different states. But Have to be nice as I do have a Los Angeles relative that is great.
We agree with the "two different states" comment. We both grew up in San Diego and watched it grow. We've been in the Napa Valley for over 20 years and love the dramatically slower pace. We get back to San Diego fairly frequently and are immediately reminded of the difference.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Lincoln, CA
139 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Hi,

We are Bobbe and Frank from Lincoln. We are close to both Sacramento and Folsom. We are looking forward to joining the group. It will be great to see some familiar faces when we get on board.

Dont know our schedule, but hope to meet everyone. Looking forward to a great cruise.
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
No schedule yet, but I think the working folks should try to figure out what is best for them. Us retirees should be able to be a bit more flexible. So I suggest someone just picks a date and we will start from there. I'm think for the picnic at Bennett Lane, maybe this fall?
Eastern North Carolina
2,591 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Good Evening,
I talked to my son today and he mentioned a fundraiser (Sonama Developmental Center) that he and his wife will attend this Sat. night. It's at Vintners Inn in Sonoma. Can't remember how many in this thread are Sonoma, but if you attend, look around for Garren and give him a hug from his Mama.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Future Cruises:

Past Cruises:
2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 Caribbean Princess –Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest to Amsterdam;2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – New England/Canada;2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess - GrandMediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL – SF;2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean.
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
No schedule yet, but I think the working folks should try to figure out what is best for them. Us retirees should be able to be a bit more flexible. So I suggest someone just picks a date and we will start from there. I'm think for the picnic at Bennett Lane, maybe this fall?
One issue we may face in planning a fall event at a winery is harvest/crush. Don't know what impact that might have. In particular, Jim (wineforhealth) may want to offer an opinion from an insider's perspective.

To accommodate people who aren't local to the Napa/Sonoma area, a Saturday will probably be the best choice. Comments?

Weather in the Napa Valley is usually pretty decent even into late October and by then harvest should have wound down. Maybe that would be a reasonable time frame.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Northern California
2,641 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Good Evening,
I talked to my son today and he mentioned a fundraiser (Sonama Developmental Center) that he and his wife will attend this Sat. night. It's at Vintners Inn in Sonoma. Can't remember how many in this thread are Sonoma, but if you attend, look around for Garren and give him a hug from his Mama.
I have some pretty bad memories of Sonoma Developmental Center. My son was there for two years - 1989/1990. Two of the worst two years of his and my life.
Eastern North Carolina
2,591 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by billco
I have some pretty bad memories of Sonoma Developmental Center. My son was there for two years - 1989/1990. Two of the worst two years of his and my life.
Bill and Gail, I am so sorry to hear that. One of the grandchildren in the family is developmentally challanged. The grandfather of my sons wife is taking 10 of his grandchildren and their spouses to this event at $150 per ticket. My son, starting a new business in Marin County, would not be able to afford this elegant dinner. Plus my son is not a formal wear person.

We have a center in New Bern, the Howell Center, and as a member of the New Bern Woman's Cub, we just did a fundraiser for that organization.

Sorry I mentioned what will be a fun event for my son and his in-laws, but it brought back sad memories for both of you. How is your son doing and what is his name.

I look forward to meeting you on our wonderful cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Future Cruises:

Past Cruises:
Eastern North Carolina
2,591 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Good Day CA Friends,

I am going to do something I never do .... I am going to invest $20 in lotto tickets. I know! Silly me!

Have a great week-end!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Future Cruises:

Past Cruises:
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Good Day CA Friends,

I am going to do something I never do .... I am going to invest $20 in lotto tickets. I know! Silly me!

Have a great week-end!
Thank you for helping to keep our economy growing (wine sales help too!). Good luck. When you win, please remember the "little people" who knew you "back when".

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days