Traveling with an iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:11 AM.
Vancouver, BC
17,918 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
I have the Apple Camera connection kit, absolutely love it. But this wireless card looks pretty cool.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming next
November 2017...Queensland, Australia Land Trip
April 2018...Kauai Land Trip
September 2018...Crete & Bordeaux land trip
September 2019...Reflection Amsterdam to Barcelona
Celebrity Solstice Vancouver to Honolulu/Crete Land Trip 2017/Australia Land Trip - Celebrity Constellation - Greek Isles 2016/Hawaii Land Trip 2015/Christmas and New Years in Hawaii/European Christmas Markets - Land Trip/Hawaii - VCR Celebrity Solstice 2014/Paris Land Trip/Hawaii Land Trip X 2 - 2013/Grand Med. - Ruby Princess/South of France 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip - 2011/Panama Canal and Florida Keys - Coral Princess - 2011/Eastern Caribbean - Ruby Princess - 2010/France 3 Week Land Trip - Burgundy/Loire/Normandy/French Riviera/Provence 2010/Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess 2009/Coastal - Sapphire Princess 2009/Alaska - Voyage of the Glaciers - Zuiderdam - 2009/Greek Islands cruise + Monaco and Paris by land - Grand Princess - 2008/Land Trip - Maui - 2008/3 Week Land - Paris to Rome - 2007/Hawaii - Pride of America - 2007/14 Day Caribbean - Sea Princess - 2006/Coastal - Dawn Princess - 2006/Barcelona to Venice - Millennium - 2005/UK & Ireland - Land Trip - 2004/AI Mexican Riviera -2003/Coastal - Island Princess - 2002/Maui - Land Trip x 2/Alaska - Dawn Princess - 2001/UK Land Trip x 3/11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2000/Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas - 1999/2 Week Land Bermuda - Girls Trip - 1997/Married - Maui - 1997
Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by Sea Day Cruiser

I have an iPod Touch (no iPhone) and I'm planning on buying an iPad probably this week. So I'll probably be back here with lots of questions.

First question - How do you set up the folders so you can access your information off line?
Hi Karen...

So happy to learn you're happy with Dropbox.

Folders you create on your computer will automatically appear in the Dropbox app on your iPhone and iPad. After you install Dropbox on your device, you'll be asked for your sign-on info the first time you open the app. After entering that information, you're data will appear in your various folders.

Here's a link to Mobile Help on the Dropbox site. I suggest you check it out so you'll get the most out of Dropbox on your device.

Although you haven't mentioned Evernote, I recommend you check it out. I'm going to discuss Evernote in my next post.

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

XXRoll Calls - 2018: Royal - Jan 19, 2018Royal - Jan 29, 2018Royal - Feb 8, 2018Regal - Sep 8, 2018
XXRoll Calls - 2019: Reflection - January 18, 2019 Reflection - January 28, 2019 Golden - Apr 16, 2019
Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
I feel so strongly about Evernote, that I'm going to mention it again. It works like Dropbox in that it will sync your documents between computers and devices entirely in the background, but it's so much more. Here's a link to their site...and here's a link to an intro video and video tutorials.

Evernote has clients for Mac and Windows computers as well as iPhone/iPad/Touch, Android, BlackBerry, Palm Pre, Peek and Windows Phone. You can also access your information on the Evernote web site from any computer.

Take a few moments to check out the videos. Using Evernote could really simplify your life and cut down on all the piles of paper you have in your office.

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

XXRoll Calls - 2018: Royal - Jan 19, 2018Royal - Jan 29, 2018Royal - Feb 8, 2018Regal - Sep 8, 2018
XXRoll Calls - 2019: Reflection - January 18, 2019 Reflection - January 28, 2019 Golden - Apr 16, 2019
Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Apple Releases iOS 5.1.1 with HDR, AirPlay, and Safari Syncing Bug Fixes

Apple today released iOS 5.1.1, offering bug fixes and other improvements for recent models of the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase
iOS 5.1.1, which arrives as Build 9B206, is available for the following devices:
- Third-generation iPad: Wi-Fi, AT&T/GSM, Verizon
- iPad 2: Original Wi-Fi, New Wi-Fi (with A5 die shrink), AT&T/GSM, Verizon/CDMA
- Original iPad

- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4: GSM, CDMA
- iPhone 3GS

- iPod touch: fourth-generation, third-generation
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lewes, Delaware
848 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
This thread is the most useful idea!!! We all have portable devices and can share info and questions. I've already learned so much - - THANKYOU!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past cruises: Princess-19; RCC-4; HA-2; CC-1; Disney-1; Windjammer-1
61 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Originally posted by -Lew-
Hello fellow users of iOS devices...

In response to suggestions for an onboard gathering in order to discuss traveling with iPhones and iPads, I suggest that rather than waiting until we're all onboard we begin now so everyone will be up to speed sooner rather than later. Why wait to become proficient with our devices when we can do so beginning today?

So if you have questions or suggestions, post them here. I'll begin by reposting information about two apps I use everyday...not just for traveling...in the following post.

Lew
Hi Lew
Great idea to talk about apps that are fun and useful. I’m an iPad user since the first one came out...now I have a 3rd generation iPad. I also have an iPhone, an iTouch (which is slowing becoming redundant) and a MacBookPro as well as a MacMini and Apple TV...are we Apple fans? I guess so.

One of my favorite travel app in Venice is Find My Car...only I use it to find my hotel before boarding the ship. Just mark your hotel location and then start walking...when you get ready to return to your hotel, you know how to get back. I find that Venice can be confusing and this app really takes the confusion away.

A good weather app is useful...The built-in weather app is excellent...I locate all the countries/cities I’m going to be visiting and that way I get a handle on what’s in store. I also like MyRadar.

I just downloaded PinMaster...it keeps track of the cities I’ve visited over the years. I have it on my iPad as it’s a bit easier to read in the larger format.

Currency (XE) is a good way to figure out exchange rates.

I like to know a few words and phrases -- so I’ve downloaded several language apps that pronounce the words for me...I have one for German, French, Italian, and Spanish.

To learn more about the European Union, I have EU which lists all the countries in the EU-shows a map and flag, a wikipedia article and a CIA fact book article. There’s even a quiz that it’s fun for the kids to take.

WorldView has webcams everywhere...I list the places I’m going to visit and look at the cams to find out more information.

I have a bunch more...but thanks for starting the exchange...it’s a great idea.

Lee

Upcoming cruises:
Elbe River 2012
Scandinavia on the Emerald Princess 2012
Caribbean after Thanksgiving 2012
TA on the Royal Princess in 2013
Eastern Virginia
6,088 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Eye-fi card

Claudia, I talked to Katie this morning before we came home and asked her what she did when she installed my eye-fi card app. This is what she told me. She followed the software directions and installed it on my MacBook Pro. She synced it (I'm thinking through iTunes). I didn't want it operational on my iPad or iPhone at the time. Tonight when I came home I took some photos with the camera that has he eye-fi card. I went to my original iPad and clicked on the Eye-fi App and switched on the get photos and raw photos switches. I waited awhile and the photos uploaded. It took some time but they eventually did.

When she installed the app on everything she used an e-mail address I have and a password that I gave her. She said you can't install the app w/o it. I tried them and they worked when I went to get the photos to upload.

I don't know if this helps. I hope so.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Eastern North Carolina
2,590 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Hey Lew

I hope to receive a new iPad for birthday in June. After I have my new toy, I will come back and visit this thread.

What a great way to share information.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Franky - CarolinaCruisers2

Future Cruises:
2018 Sapphire Princess – Mediterranean & Southeast Asia (28)

2018 Emerald – Alaska InsidePassage (7)
2018 Grand Princess– Mexican Riviera (10)

Past Cruises:
2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 Caribbean Princess –Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest to Amsterdam;2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – New England/Canada;2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess - GrandMediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL – SF;2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean.
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Apple Releases iOS 5.1.1 with HDR, AirPlay, and Safari Syncing Bug Fixes

Apple today released iOS 5.1.1, offering bug fixes and other improvements for recent models of the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase
iOS 5.1.1, which arrives as Build 9B206, is available for the following devices:
- Third-generation iPad: Wi-Fi, AT&T/GSM, Verizon
- iPad 2: Original Wi-Fi, New Wi-Fi (with A5 die shrink), AT&T/GSM, Verizon/CDMA
- Original iPad

- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4: GSM, CDMA
- iPhone 3GS

- iPod touch: fourth-generation, third-generation

Hi Lew, thanks for this information. Ok, I have a confession to make. I tried to update my original iPad this weekend and it kept running and saying it was syncing but not sure if anything happened or if I did it correctly....): So can you tell me how to upload the above to my original iPad. I thought I just go into itunes and then upload the new stuff... Also is there a way to see on my original iPad what version of software I have on it and also what eye-fi I am trying to upload?

I guess I can upload the eye-fi onto the Dell and pray it can then be loaded onto my original iPad? As you can tell I am just beginning to learn how to do this stuff...Thanks, Claudia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by Sunviking
Eye-fi card

Claudia, I talked to Katie this morning before we came home and asked her what she did when she installed my eye-fi card app. This is what she told me. She followed the software directions and installed it on my MacBook Pro. She synced it (I'm thinking through iTunes). I didn't want it operational on my iPad or iPhone at the time. Tonight when I came home I took some photos with the camera that has he eye-fi card. I went to my original iPad and clicked on the Eye-fi App and switched on the get photos and raw photos switches. I waited awhile and the photos uploaded. It took some time but they eventually did.

When she installed the app on everything she used an e-mail address I have and a password that I gave her. She said you can't install the app w/o it. I tried them and they worked when I went to get the photos to upload.

I don't know if this helps. I hope so.

Ann, thanks it does help Claudia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by Kennykat

Hi Lew, thanks for this information. Ok, I have a confession to make. I tried to update my original iPad this weekend and it kept running and saying it was syncing but not sure if anything happened or if I did it correctly....): So can you tell me how to upload the above to my original iPad. I thought I just go into itunes and then upload the new stuff... Also is there a way to see on my original iPad what version of software I have on it and also what eye-fi I am trying to upload?

I guess I can upload the eye-fi onto the Dell and pray it can then be loaded onto my original iPad? As you can tell I am just beginning to learn how to do this stuff...
Hi Claudia...

With the issues you are having with Eye-Fi and syncing your iPad, I think it's time you do a restore of your iPad. It's not difficult as the restore itself will be done automatically once you are prepared.

I suggest you do the following in preparation for the restore:
  1. Delete the Eye-Fi app from your iPad. To do this, simply touch and hold the app icon until it begins to wiggle under your finger. Then touch the X that will appear on a corner of the icon...then confirm deletion. Don't worry, we're gong to reinstall this app after the restore.

2. Open iTunes on your computer and delete Eye-Fi there also. Be sure you delete all the Eye-Fi files when asked.

3. Check to be sure iTunes is version 10.6.1. If not, download and install the latest version of iTunes.

4. Close all the apps on your iPad. Then do a cold boot of your iPad: Hold down the Home button on the front and the on/off button at the top-right edge of your iPad until the Apple logo appears...then release both buttons. Your iPad will take a couple of minutes to come back to life.

5. Be sure your iPad is fully charged then connect it to your computer.

6. In iTunes, you'll see your iPad listed under devices. Right-click or Control-click on your iPad and select Backup. When it's done, do it again.

7. When the backups are complete, select Restore in the middle of the screen and select backup once again if it asks. Let iTunes go through its process. When it asks whether you wish to restore your iPad from the most recent backup, click on yes. This could take awhile if you have a lot of photos, videos, and music on your iPad...just let it sit and do its thing.

8. When done, your iPad will have the latest version of iOS and any gremlins that were interfering with its operation will be gone. All your apps will be reinstalled properly. You may be asked for a password or two, but that's about it.

9. You can now reinstall Eye-Fi by downloading it to iTunes and then syncing with your iPad.
If you have any questions before you do the restore, please ask. If you don't feel comfortable doing the restore, ask a friend who owns any iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch who is familiar with the procedure to help...it's the same for any iOS device.

Good luck...

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Know before you go is the best advice for avoiding huge cellular fees while using your device internationally. I'm with AT&T and, although most of this will apply to both AT&T and Version customers, some may not. I invite a Verizon customer to post Verizon specific information.

Voice and data are both sent and received over 3G. If Cellular Data is on, your iPhone will send and receive it in the background without your intervention. This is the reason so many people return from Europe and are shocked then they receive their cell bill.

When outside the US I turn off Cellular Data in order to control cost. I turn it on only when I need to access data over 3G, then immediately turn it off. We were in France for 3½ weeks last May and June and I used just 35MB of cellular data. I signed up for 50MB of data before I left with AT&T.

I leave Enable 3G on just in case somebody needs to call me. If it's someone I want to speak with, I answer; I don't answer if I see it's from someone I don't need to speak with. There's no charge for calls not answered. If you just don't want to take any calls at all, you can certainly turn Enable 3G off.

Be sure to leave Location Services on so that GPS on your device will function. You will not be billed for GPS usage as it doesn't require a cellular connection. If you use some of the self-contained travel apps mentioned on this thread, you'll need to have Location Service on in order for them to work.

Here are two links to AT&T specific information on traveling with your cellulars device internationally...
Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Inland Empire, CA
10,152 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by carib
Last year we ran into a travel surge protector strip that was not dual voltage. Some people had problems with it in countries with 220 volts if they just used the ordinary US 2 prong to European 2 pin adapter. It shorted out the hotel lines and sometimes damaged equipment. Do you use a voltage converter with your Bilkin in Europe?
ENo, I haven't needed to since all of our electronic devices are dual voltage. I've used the Beklin in England, France, Spain and Italy along with the proper plug converter with no issues at all.

Lew
-----
Posted from my iPhone
Lew, You have started a very useful thread and I have already learned some tips. I just gave DW a new iPad for her birthday and we both have iPhones.

I do have a comment regarding the Belkin. I have one for travel use also and it specifically states that it is rated for 120 V, 15A or a maximum of 1800W. There are surge suppressors specifically rated for 220 V or dual voltage 110 V/220 V. There are few components of a surge suppressor that would be affected by the higher voltage. Those would be any indicator lights and the MOVs (Metal Oxide Varistors). You have successfully used the Belkin with 220 V so it's components must be adequately designed. That may not be true for all 120 V surge suppressors.

There can be significant issues using of a stepdown transformer with a 110 V surge suppressor. Many European plugs are not polarized and if plugged in the wrong way, the surge suppressor can fail. I found several postings on the web warning against using stepdown transformers with 110 V surge suppressors.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruise: 11/17 - Ruby Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 09/18 - Golden Princess - Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
Past Cruises: 11/16 - Pacific Princess - Adriatic & Aegean Connoisseur; 12/15 - Pacific Princess - 50th Anniversary Mexican Riviera; 2/15 - Crown Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Santa Barbara; 09/14 - Regal Princess - Grand Med (Left cruise in Mykonos after 6 days due to family medical issue at home); 03/14 - Grand Princess - 10 Day Mexico from SF; 01/14 - Sapphire Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina; 06/13 - Emerald Princess - Baltic; 01/13 - Island Princess - Panama Canal; 09/12 - Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal; 09/12 - Golden Princess - Inside Passage (B2B Glacier Bay & Tracy Arm); 09/11 - Sapphire Princess - California Coastal; 04/11 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera; 08/10 - Coral Princess - Voyage of the Glaciers; 03/10 - Star Princess - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (The Shortened Post Earthquake Cruise); 02/10 - Star Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso around Cape Horn (the Chilean Earthquake Cruise); 10/09 - Golden Princess - Hawaii; 11/07 - Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera; 02/07 - Grand Princess - Western Caribbean from Galveston; 04/06 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal RT from FLL; 10/04 - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan; 05/02 - Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas (3 Night)
Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by IECalCruiser

I do have a comment regarding the Belkin. I have one for travel use also and it specifically states that it is rated for 120 V, 15A or a maximum of 1800W. There are surge suppressors specifically rated for 220 V or dual voltage 110 V/220 V. There are few components of a surge suppressor that would be affected by the higher voltage. Those would be any indicator lights and the MOVs (Metal Oxide Varistors). You have successfully used the Belkin with 220 V so it's components must be adequately designed. That may not be true for all 120 V surge suppressors.

There can be significant issues using of a stepdown transformer with a 110 V surge suppressor. Many European plugs are not polarized and if plugged in the wrong way, the surge suppressor can fail. I found several postings on the web warning against using stepdown transformers with 110 V surge suppressors.
Hi Brian...

The points you make with respect to the Belkin suppressor are well taken. I certainly appreciate you bringing that to our attention. You obviously are more conversant on this than I.

Although, in a number of European trips I have not experienced a problem, I'll look for a more suitable solution. Perhaps a simple multiple outlet electrical strip would be the best solution.

Thank you for helping avert a possibly dangerous situation.

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sacramento, CA
1,650 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Claudia...

I'm so happy Ann jumped in to offer her help because, other than knowing what Eye-Fi is and is supposed to do, I know absolutely nothing about it. I did, however, find some help on the Eye-Fi web site that may be of use to you. Follow this link to their support site where they appear to have multiple support options including speaking with a live person.

You may want to be sure you have the latest version of iOS (5.1) on your iPad. Also, Eye-Fi's latest version is 2.0.90.

With respect to using the iPad Camera Connection Kit, follow this link for support information on the Apple site.

If, after hearing back from Ann and following the above links, you're still having issues, please re-post and we'll do our best to get to the bottom of this issue for you.

Lew

Thanks, Lew and Ann, I think I have a chance to do this correctly...A BIG THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!! Claudia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Here are some more iOS apps you may find useful while traveling...

Wi-Fi Finder, will help you find free and paid Wi-Fi all over the world. Be sure to download the offline database and update it before you leave for your international trip. Be sure Location Services on your iOS device is on while you're using this app.

mTrip Travel Guides can't be beat IMHO. Rather than explain all they can do for you, click on the link to be brought to their web site. I own and have used their guides for Barcelona, Istanbul, London, Paris and Rome. Again, download the latest app data before your trip and be sure Location Services is turned on. Be sure Location Services on your iOS device is on while you're using this app.

Metro apps: I have used both Paris Metro Subway and MetrO. Paris Metro Subway is for Paris only and does so much more than guide you to your destination. With MetrO, you can download metro information for just about any system in the world and will do the job well for metro directions only.

XE Currency, mentioned in Lee's post above, has been updated to v 3.0. It can't be beat for the latest currency conversion rates. Data access must be turned on to get the most current rates.

Rick Steves Audio Europe allows you to download the latest Rick Steves audio guides and have them available in one place when you're traveling. With your iOS device, an audio splitter, and two sets of ear buds, you and your friend can both listen to the guide as you walk through the Louvre, Pantheon, etc.

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

So. California
1,444 Posts
Joined May 2006
This thread is such a great idea! I have just downloaded app for Evernote & Dropbox and hope to do tutorials this weekend.

Here's some of the fun apps I am using:
Google Earth - great way to look up the ports, etc.
TapQuizMaps - test your geography
Yelp - reviews on restaurants, etc
Star walk - beautiful site to see the constellations
Tune in radio - great selection of stations
app start - tutorials
pinterest & etsy - for shopping
draw something - fun to play with kids

Regarding photos, if you take them with your ipad and click on the photos icon then places, your photos are organized on the map where photos were taken. Unfortunately, photos I take on ipad aren't as good as ones transferred over from my camera so I can't view those photos by country. Maybe with a different camera it's possible, I don't know.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Val & Beth

Burlington, VT
6,925 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
I just received notification via AppShopper that some travel apps by Ulmon GmbH are free or on sale for a very limited time. Their 2Go apps for the following cities are currently free:
  • Barcelona 2Go
  • Chicago 2Go
  • Amsterdam 2Go
  • Venice 2Go
  • Munich 2Go
  • Prague 2Go
  • Berlin 2Go
  • Vienna 2Go
The following guides are on sale for 99¢:
  • Paris 2Go
  • London 2Go
  • Rome 2Go
  • New York 2Go
Their audio walking tours are also currently free.

When you go to the iTunes App Store, enter ulmon gmbh as your search term.

Disclamer: I have not had an opportunity to use these apps in any of their respective cities so I can't vouch for their usefulness.

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Columbus, Ohio
138 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Hi Brian...

The points you make with respect to the Belkin suppressor are well taken. I certainly appreciate you bringing that to our attention. You obviously are more conversant on this than I.

Although, in a number of European trips I have not experienced a problem, I'll look for a more suitable solution. Perhaps a simple multiple outlet electrical strip would be the best solution.

Thank you for helping avert a possibly dangerous situation.

Lew
Ok - so if I buy the 2 items in the photo here am I ok to plug in my cell phone/ipad in Spain?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf plugs.pdf (44.3 KB, 40 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature