RADIANCE Apr 22/12 - MACADAMIA CRUISE NUTS - Hawaii to Vancouver

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:11 PM.
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Hi to all of our NUTS

This is the new thread, or at least my attempt at setting up the new thread.

Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
If your Ship doesn't come in..swim out to meet it! Jonathon Winters
The Sorcerer's Apprentice & Her Scepter Carrier
PLUS Eh
Native California Girl (Dallas Texas Transplant)
1,646 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
Wow, I don't think I've been part of a thread that got moved. I got to meet a few people in the Schooner Bar when the pins were handed out, but I never got an invite in my cabin about the Meet & Mingle. I came home and got the Nuts Bronchitis too. Hope to see everyone again on another cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NEXT CRUISES: Jewel of the Seas - December 3-17, 2017 - Back to Back Fun
Vision of the Seas - November 2018 - 16 Night Panama Canal

Julie & Christopher

Song of Norway, (1st RCCL Cruise Ship) 1991 (7 night); Carnival Jubilee, 1994 (7 night); Monarch of the Seas, 1996 (7 night); Carinval Jubilee, 1997 (7 night); Adventure of the Seas, May 2002 (7 night); Enchantment of the Seas, September 2002 (7 night); Explorer of the Seas, May 2003 (7 night); Majesty of the Seas, July 2003 (3 night); Adventure of the Seas, May 2004 (10 night); Adventure of the Seas, April 23, 2005 (7 night); Jewel of the Seas, November 19, 2005 (8 night); Adventure of the Seas, May 28, 2006 (7 night); Serenade of the Seas, December 8, 2007 (7 night); Mariner of the Seas June 1, 2008 (7 night); Radiance of the Seas November 21, 2009 (9 Night); Jewel of the Seas November 22, 2010 (11 Night); Adventure of the Seas February 7, 2011 (7 night); Allure of the Seas October 23, 2011 (7 night) - Allure 100th Sailing; Radiance of the Seas, April 22, 2012 (12 Night); Allure of the Seas, May 26, 2013 (7 night); Jewel of the Seas, November 30, 2013 (7 night); Jewel of the Seas, December 7, 2013 (7 night); Jewel of the Seas, November 29, 2014 (7 night); Jewel of the Seas, December 6, 2014 (7 night); Jewel of the Seas, April 18, 2015 (7 night) - Jewel 500th Sailing; Jewel of the Seas, April 25, 2015 (7 night); Adventure of the Seas, November 21, 2015 (7 night); Adventure of the Seas, November 28, 2015 (7 night); Liberty of the Seas, May 8, 2016 (7 night); Liberty of the Seas, May 15, 2016 (7 night); Serenade of the Seas, October 29,2016 - Beantown to Beaches Repo (12 Night); Adventure of the Seas, March 29th, 2017 (10 Night); Adventure of the Seas, September 9, 2017 (7 Night) - 236 days at sea and counting (222 days on Royal Caribbean)!!!

Plus
Brevard County, FL
4,048 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Hi Everyone:

Are we moving over here now??? So confusing! If so, I hope everyone finds this easily. We're going to a wine tasting dinner tonight so I'll check back later.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paula

Original Member of the Macadamia Cruise Nuts

Upcoming Fun:

Majesty of the Seas - Fall Fun Part II - November 2017

Independence of the Seas - Tequila Run - November 2017
Majesty of the Seas - Anniversary Fun - December 2017
Majesty of the Seas - Hello Grand Bahama - January 2018

Majesty of the Seas - Check Out the Changes - March 2018
Jewel of the Seas - Eastbound T/A - May 2018
Vision of the Seas - Barcelona/Venice - September 2018

Majesty of the Seas - Back to the Bahamas - November 2018
Rhapsody of the Seas - B2B - Adriatic / Italy - December 2018
Rhapsody of the Seas - B2B Canary Islands TA - December 2018
Majesty of the Seas - Nassau Rum Fest - February 2019
Explorer of the Seas - Pacific Repo - April 2019
SoCal
26,507 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by pstone1
Hi Everyone:

Are we moving over here now??? So confusing! If so, I hope everyone finds this easily. We're going to a wine tasting dinner tonight so I'll check back later.
I couldn't agree more, very confusing! I'm just trying to keep up -- is this an IQ test, lol!

Paula, you may be on to something. Maybe the wine tasting will clarify CC for you. Let us know, I'm willing to try the experiment.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

Register for the Meet & Mingle:
https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first.
SoCal
26,507 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by Chip and Dale
Hi to all of our NUTS

This is the new thread, or at least my attempt at setting up the new thread.

Dee
Thanks, Dee, for starting this one, and thanks, Paco, for posting the link. Drinks are on us in the you-know-where!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

6,012 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
I'm here too. Do you suppose they will move the other thead to combine it with this one?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PLUS
CHARTER MEMBER MFPPP CLUB 2006
PROUD CHARTER MEMBER OF THE NOOTS
Proud member of F.R.E.D, Club, Fun, Relax, Eat, Drink

Upcoming - AMALyra June 2017

Celebrity edge - Dec 2018

Cunard - various ships over many years,

Royal Caribbean
Song of America,
Grandeur of the Seas,
Sovereign of the Seas,
Serenade of the Seas,
Brilliance of the Seas,
Radiance of the Seas,
Majesty of the Seas,
Serenade of the Seas (second time),
Adventure of the Seas,
Mariner of the Seas,
Brilliance of the Seas (second time),
Independence of the Seas,
Allure of the Seas,
Radiance of the Seas (second time),
Jewel of the Seas
Independence of the Seas (second time)

Celebrity Infinity,
Celebrity Millennium,
Celebrity Solstice,
Celebrity Equinox,
Celebrity Reflection (3 times),
Constellation

NCL Dreamward,

Tahitian Princess,
Emerald Princess
Royal Princess

Carnival Triumph,

Uniworld River Dutchess

HAL Zuiderdam,
Veerdam

Azamara Journey

Windstar

AMASerena

RCL Jewel

Uniworld River Beatrice
BC Canada
2,861 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Hi Everyone:

I'm so jealous, you must tell us all about the wine tasting dinner. I really want to go to one of those.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rose
Carnival Elation 7nt. Mexico NYE 25th Dec./01
Radiance 7nt. Alaska Aug./03
Mariner 7nt. W. Caribbean May/05
Navigator 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./06
Monarch 4nt. Baja Mar./07
Serenade 7nt. Alaska Sept./07
Celebrity Millennium 3nt. Coastal Sept./08
Liberty 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./08
Mariner 7nt. Pacific Coastal May/09
Serenade 15nt. Panama Canal Oct./09
Mariner 7nt. Mexico Apr./10
Rhapsody 7nt. Alaska Sept./10
Radiance 5nt. Pacific Coastal May/11
Allure 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./11
Radiance 12nt. Hawaii Apr./12
Navigator 7nt. W. Caribbean Jan./13
Radiance 7nt. Alaska Sept./13
Navigator 7nt. W. Caribbean Dec./13
Rhapsody 13nt. Hawaii May/14
Rhapsody 7nt. Alaska Aug./14
Liberty 5nt. W. Caribbean Dec.1 & 6/14 B2B
Jewel 6nt. Pacific Coastal May/15
Serenade 14nt. Snowbird Migration Oct./15
Explorer 4nt. Best of B.C. May/16
Radiance 11nt. Hawaii Sept./16
Enchantment 3nt. NYE Bahamas 40th Dec./16
Serenade 11nt. S. Caribbean Jan./17
Explorer 4nt. Best of B.C. May/17
Vision 16nt. Denmark, Norway, & Iceland Aug./17

Majesty 5nt. Bahamas Jan./18

Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by julesbeara
Wow, I don't think I've been part of a thread that got moved. I got to meet a few people in the Schooner Bar when the pins were handed out, but I never got an invite in my cabin about the Meet & Mingle. I came home and got the Nuts Bronchitis too. Hope to see everyone again on another cruise.
I'm so sorry you didn't get the M and M invite, that's awful, especially in light of the fact that you got the NUT CRUD!!!! Doesn't seem fair at all does it!

Hopefully we can connect another time on another cruise. Some of us have booked Rhapsody May 3, 2014 Honolulu to Vancouver....care to join us
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Hi Everyone:

Um obviously our invite was lost in the mail right??????

I will keep going back and posting in the floataway lounge. Hopefully any NUTS that go back to the Radiance threads will see that we were moved and will start looking. Honestly this was waaaay more work than it should have been and no notice that they had done what I requested Silly CC!

Did I mention that I am going back page by page and copying all of our poetry so we can have 1 document with all of the poetry together Oh yes I am and honestly I do not get paid enough for this kind of work
Have fun drinking your wine and enjoying yourself while the rest of us are doing things like putting out the lawn furniture...but no don't feel too bad...pretty sure you don't
Glad you found this thread!
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by Lynnees
I'm here too. Do you suppose they will move the other thead to combine it with this one?
It is right here with this thread, when you click on Macadamia Cruise Nuts you will see 3 posts, the HELP post welcoming us, this thread and the closed thread that they moved from the Radiance section. Hopefully they keep the closed thread there for a while so I can finish going through it. I have worked my way back to page 579 so far. Lots of reading. We were pretty funny
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by travelgoddess1
Thanks, Dee, for starting this one, and thanks, Paco, for posting the link. Drinks are on us in the you-know-where!
You are quite welcome!!!! It is an interesting way that they do things on CC, now isn't it Oh well, we can keep checking the floataway lounge to see if anyone is on there and lost.

I look forward to my payment in the you know where It cannot come soon enough!!!!
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Minnesota
1,511 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Howdy Nuts! tracked down our new location. I am currently suffering from the Nut Bug. Came down with it last tuesday and still have it.

tom
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Minnesota
1,511 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
The Macadamia Nut Bug Lament

Oh Purell I practically bathed in the stuff
hoping that it would possibly be just enough
but the bug did its best
and put my lungs to the test
and left many of us feeling quite rough.

Tom
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by Big Thunder

but the bug did its best

Tom
Obviously nothing can knock down that Poet Laureate wit of your!!!! Well done sir!!! The poetry can only help to kill the NUT CRUD!!!!

Today is the first day that I only used my inhaler once. Perhaps tomorrow will be nonce! Taking a complete breath and not feeling like I will hork up a lung is such a nice feeling!!!!

Here is hoping that you recover quickly. If it lingers on in your chest it would be wise to seek medical attention. Many of us had bronchitis, actually I do believe it was renamed "Bronch-NUT-us"
Feel Better! Soooo glad that you found the new thread! Keep those limericks coming....ya know ya wanna!
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Vestal
1,810 Posts
Joined May 2009
HI Dee,

I think I found the thread....now if I can just remember how I got here... Sounds like the crud is starting to slowly go away.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carol & Terry

"You'll Poke Your Eye Out"
RCCL Diamond Members
Voyager of the Seas April 08, Western Caribbean
Radiance of the Seas July 09, Alaska Northbound
Serenade of the Seas July 10, Southern Caribbean
Radiance of the Seas July 11, Alaska Northbound
Radiance of the Seas April 12, Hawaii - Vancouver
Explorer of the Seas, Christmas 2012, Bahamas
Explorer of the Seas, Aug/Sept 2013, N.E. & Canada
Explorer of the Seas, November 13, Eastern Caribbean
Brilliance of the Seas, April/May 14, Repositioning Cruise Tampa to Harwich
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by WifesChef
HI Dee,

I think I found the thread....now if I can just remember how I got here... Sounds like the crud is starting to slowly go away.
I know, it seems like the long way around, but we seem to be gradually getting here. I think it helps that they put the heading Macadamia Cruise Nuts and thank goodness they kept our closed thread. Hopefully it stays a while till I'm done getting what I need. We NUTS were pretty chatty which is in part how we managed to give the NUT CRUD to so many.

Hopefully everyone has recovered by the weekend. This is our Victoria Day Long Weekend and I believe it is your Memorial Day isn't it?
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
SoCal
26,507 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Howdy Nuts! tracked down our new location. I am currently suffering from the Nut Bug. Came down with it last tuesday and still have it.

tom

but the bug did its best

Tom
Oh, Tom, so sorry you caught it. But still being able to write poetry has got to be a good sign to an early recovery, right?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

SoCal
26,507 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
I know, it seems like the long way around, but we seem to be gradually getting here. I think it helps that they put the heading Macadamia Cruise Nuts and thank goodness they kept our closed thread. Hopefully it stays a while till I'm done getting what I need. We NUTS were pretty chatty which is in part how we managed to give the NUT CRUD to so many.

Hopefully everyone has recovered by the weekend. This is our Victoria Day Long Weekend and I believe it is your Memorial Day isn't it?
Dee
Soooo, what you are saying is, we are victims of our own success? That we had so much fun that we darned near killed ourselves off? That cruise critic is so incredibly envious of our chattiness that they made an example of us? Do you sense a conspiracy here?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

SoCal
26,507 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
You are quite welcome!!!! It is an interesting way that they do things on CC, now isn't it Oh well, we can keep checking the floataway lounge to see if anyone is on there and lost.

I look forward to my payment in the you know where It cannot come soon enough!!!!
Dee
We will just have to have a virtual drink in the virtual Diamond Lounge every evening, say, around 5pm?? A virtual bar server can serve us those drinks and virtual canapés. Tonight I'm going to have, oh, let's see, CHAMPAGNE! (I have not had a drink since we got home. Stop laughing. )
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

Brevard County, FL
4,048 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
I sooo happy that we have a new permanent home. They shut down our T/A thread with just over 10,200 posts so it seems we were REALLY lucky our thread stayed alive so long. Karen - I love your virtual happy hour idea. I plan to participate every evening and will toast all my fellow nuts.

Tomorrow will be a big day! Our office is made up of four different sections. Each month, our section has a lunch where we all get together in our conference room and share lunch together. Each month, someone, whoever has been on vacation, has to show vacation photos during our lunch. Guess what??? Tomorrow it is me - no pressure or anything since I've just barely gotten over the "Nut Crud" and only had several hundred photos to sift through. I finished putting pics (196 slides at last count) into the PowerPoint at lunchtime today so tomorrow morning, I just have to pare it down a little and add a title slide. I think I'm going to use Tom's limerick somewhere in there to try to get a little "Nut Personality" into the slide show.

The wine tasting dinner tonight was fabulous! There is a small Italian Restaurant in Cocoa Beach that has a wine tasting dinner one night a month from May till November. We don't really eat there often but their wine tasting dinners are spectacular. They started doing it last year and we haven't missed one yet . Wish you could have joined us!

Time for bed - just wanted to check in. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paula

Upcoming Fun:

Majesty of the Seas - Fall Fun Part II - November 2017

Independence of the Seas - Tequila Run - November 2017
Majesty of the Seas - Anniversary Fun - December 2017
Majesty of the Seas - Hello Grand Bahama - January 2018

Majesty of the Seas - Check Out the Changes - March 2018
Jewel of the Seas - Eastbound T/A - May 2018
Vision of the Seas - Barcelona/Venice - September 2018