RADIANCE Apr 22/12 - MACADAMIA CRUISE NUTS - Hawaii to Vancouver

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:55 AM.
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by travelgoddess1
Soooo, what you are saying is, we are victims of our own success? That we had so much fun that we darned near killed ourselves off? That cruise critic is so incredibly envious of our chattiness that they made an example of us? Do you sense a conspiracy here?
Uncanny how you can actually read my thoughts I truly do believe that there is a NUT conspiracy afoot, however, being the clever NUTS that we are we have thwarted the entire thing. We are talking some seriously savvy NUTS here now aren't we

The bottom line is this simply proves you can take the NUTS out of Hawaii but you can never keep a good NUT down they will always return to post on CC and will find their fellow and some will even write limericks while they are recovering from the NUT CRUD or as I now refer to it "BRONCH-NUT-US" I do believe I have just diagnosed all of us, this may go into some medical journaland become famous.....or NOT.
This just proves one very important point DEE CAN ACTUALLY BREATHE AND SHE IS HAVING A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF FUN WITH HER EMOTICON STASH CAUSE THERE IS ACTUAL OXYGEN NOW GOING TO HER BRAIN!!!! Oxygen is waaaay more better!!!!!!
Dee
PS....I wish I had been, but no I have not been drinking AGAIN!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
If your Ship doesn't come in..swim out to meet it! Jonathon Winters
The Sorcerer's Apprentice & Her Scepter Carrier
PLUS Eh
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
We will just have to have a virtual drink in the virtual Diamond Lounge every evening, say, around 5pm?? A virtual bar server can serve us those drinks and virtual canapés. Tonight I'm going to have, oh, let's see, CHAMPAGNE! (I have not had a drink since we got home. Stop laughing. )
OK Luscious silly girl I am not laughing, but I did wet myself trying to hold it in Got any swamp land you would like to sell to moi?????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by pstone1
I sooo happy that we have a new permanent home. They shut down our T/A thread with just over 10,200 posts so it seems we were REALLY lucky our thread stayed alive so long. Karen - I love your virtual happy hour idea. I plan to participate every evening and will toast all my fellow nuts.

Tomorrow will be a big day! Our office is made up of four different sections. Each month, our section has a lunch where we all get together in our conference room and share lunch together. Each month, someone, whoever has been on vacation, has to show vacation photos during our lunch. Guess what??? Tomorrow it is me - no pressure or anything since I've just barely gotten over the "Nut Crud" and only had several hundred photos to sift through. I finished putting pics (196 slides at last count) into the PowerPoint at lunchtime today so tomorrow morning, I just have to pare it down a little and add a title slide. I think I'm going to use Tom's limerick somewhere in there to try to get a little "Nut Personality" into the slide show.

The wine tasting dinner tonight was fabulous! There is a small Italian Restaurant in Cocoa Beach that has a wine tasting dinner one night a month from May till November. We don't really eat there often but their wine tasting dinners are spectacular. They started doing it last year and we haven't missed one yet . Wish you could have joined us!

Time for bed - just wanted to check in. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
If you don't see this till tomorrow night I hope your slide show goes really well and they get a sense of what an incredible time we all had, sick or not! If you see this before your lunch GOOD LUCK!!!!!! and have fun!!!!!

We went to a wine tasting dinner when we stayed in San Francisco one time. They brought all of the wines at once and lined them up in front of us on the table and we sat by the window of the restaurant. We couldn't stop laughing because all of the people walking by would pause and look in at these obviously problem drinkers with 8 glasses and I mean giant glasses of wine in front of them as they ate. Great Dinner and even better memory. Glad you guys had a good time!

I love the virtual drink idea, we should all try to remember to toast each other at maybe 6 p.m. our own time each night, 6 p.m. only because I never seem to be home before then anymore....lots of chimp business lately sheesh!
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
SoCal
26,502 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by Chip and Dale
OK Luscious silly girl I am not laughing, but I did wet myself trying to hold it in Got any swamp land you would like to sell to moi?????
No, but I can see that my image needs a little work, lol!

Dee, and all others with bronch-NUT-us -- hope you are feeling better every day. Get that oxygen flow back to your brains, and let's get this thread back up to 14k posts.

Originally posted by STEVE-O
You can run......but you can't hide!!!......

I found you nuts!!!

Another precinct heard from! Welcome, Steve -- I am so enjoying that book you gave me. What do you want me to do with it when I am finished? It will be my default reading at the doctor's office, so shouldn't take too long.

Paula, your wine tasting dinner sounds fun, and something you can look forward to. I don't think we've ever done one. I do know we usually have a lot of wine with dinner -- not the same thing, lol! Good luck with your slide show today, let us know how it went. C'mon, it's Hawaii, with all the NUTS, so it has to be successful. I don't think you can take a bad picture in Hawaii.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

Register for the Meet & Mingle:
https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first.
SoCal
26,502 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Last week when we were in Juneau, it was cold and rainy. I heard from a friend who is still on RD that yesterday it snowed, and they canceled the dogsled tour because of it.

So, maybe it was as cold as we thin-blooded Californians thought! But that is ridiculous, nonetheless
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

SoCal
26,502 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by julesbeara
Wow, I don't think I've been part of a thread that got moved. I got to meet a few people in the Schooner Bar when the pins were handed out, but I never got an invite in my cabin about the Meet & Mingle. I came home and got the Nuts Bronchitis too. Hope to see everyone again on another cruise.
So sorry you missed the NUTS M&M. The next week, on our Alaska cruise, a lot of people missed it because our invitations stated it would be held on Day 3, May 5. May 5 was Day 2.

So now we will have to have another cruise, so everyone can come to the M&M!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by STEVE-O
You can run......but you can't hide!!!......

I found you nuts!!!

Whoooo hoooooooo! Steve-o is back!!!!!! Hope you and Nancy are well and missed out on the Bronch-Nut-us!
So good to hear from you!
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Venice, florida
3,593 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Glad to hear that everyone is recuperating. I have not had a drink since we came back. I normally don't drink that much, but you people make me drink every night at the Diamond Club. Charlotte is almost back to 100 percent, She stayed home all weekend and rest while I did the laundry, cooking and taking Marcel to his soccer game.

Have a nice day all!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Last week when we were in Juneau, it was cold and rainy. I heard from a friend who is still on RD that yesterday it snowed, and they canceled the dogsled tour because of it.

So, maybe it was as cold as we thin-blooded Californians thought! But that is ridiculous, nonetheless
WOW really glad that I am here and they are there! We have had enough snow for the year.

That's funny that they would cancel a dogsled tour due to snow! I thought that the Alaskans were tougher than that. Wait until I talk with Sarah Palin
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
SoCal
26,502 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
WOW really glad that I am here and they are there! We have had enough snow for the year.

That's funny that they would cancel a dogsled tour due to snow! I thought that the Alaskans were tougher than that. Wait until I talk with Sarah Palin
Dee
Ask her if she can see Russia from her porch.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

SoCal
26,502 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by dprcan
Glad to hear that everyone is recuperating. I have not had a drink since we came back. I normally don't drink that much, but you people make me drink every night at the Diamond Club. Charlotte is almost back to 100 percent, She stayed home all weekend and rest while I did the laundry, cooking and taking Marcel to his soccer game.

Have a nice day all!
Paco, I myself was also coerced, EVERY night, to drink Champagne. It was brutal. We took one for the team, didn't we? And now we are giving our livers a much-deserved rest.

So glad to hear Charlotte is better! Wish her well from both of us!

I am hearing that Celebrity did a RT Hawaii from San Diego around the same time as our sailing, and they also had a virus. Either it was much worse, or they complained more loudly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

SoCal
26,502 Posts
Joined Sep 2003

Dee
And now we are having a heat wave here! Highs in the 80’s -- my kind of weather, lol!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

B.C. Canada
323 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Good Morning Fellow Nuts
Found you again. Is this our permanent home now? Glad to hear everyone is almost back to normal now. Rick & I are doing better too. I was supposed to be back to work the Monday we got back but they would have sent me home. Went back this week though. I'm off for our Holiday weekend and it will be my last weekend off for another 4 weeks
We have had beautiful sunny weather here since we got home, our daughters say we brought the hawaiian sun with us. Well must get ready for work now. TTYL

Deannie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

[/url]
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by dprcan

Have a nice day all!
Sooooo glad that Charlotte is doing better!!!!! You are such a good guy taking care of all of the wifely duties and taking Marcel to his soccer game which I'm sure you did not enjoy at all, you just took it for the team.

I know what you are saying about being forced to drink in the DL. Same thing happens to me every cruise, it is horrible how people drag me in there and keep bringing me drinks. I simply feel it would be rude to say no, so I am a giver and I just keep accepting the drinks The worst is when they do the Diamond Events on some of the ships and they don't bring new drinks, they just come around and keep filling the champagne and wine glass, that way you really don't know how much you have had. All I can say is that this New Year's Eve I will keep better track of the refills on Navigator

I got desperate and had a single serving size of champagne mixed with fruit juice last week when I thought I was beating the CRUD. It just made me feel like I was back in the DL until I realized that no matter how many times I waived my hand no one but me was going to refill my glass, Gee was no where in sight!!!!!!! Kinda takes all the fun out of drinking now doesn't it
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by miko1
Good Morning Fellow Nuts
Found you again. Is this our permanent home now? Glad to hear everyone is almost back to normal now. Rick & I are doing better too. I was supposed to be back to work the Monday we got back but they would have sent me home. Went back this week though. I'm off for our Holiday weekend and it will be my last weekend off for another 4 weeks
We have had beautiful sunny weather here since we got home, our daughters say we brought the hawaiian sun with us. Well must get ready for work now. TTYL

Deannie

Hi Deannie

So glad you found this thread. YUP this is now our permanent home. My only question is....if we had the other thread shut down due to so many posts, will they do the same thing with this one?

Glad you are feeling better!!!!!! We are looking forward to our long weekend. We are well enough for the kids to come home for my B'day and mothers day now whooo hooooo!
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Ask her if she can see Russia from her porch.
And now we are having a heat wave here! Highs in the 80’s -- my kind of weather, lol!
Silly girl of course she can I still like her hair

We are having frickin freezin temps and overcast skies with rain, but no snow and the weekend should be good, so I won't complain at all, although I kinda just did

Last night I got a lot of our lawn furniture out of the cabana and put out one of my many garden angels, some planters and cleaned up a bit. Tonight I will do a little more so Dennis won't feel he has to do everything on the weekend if he isn't feel well or is tired after his long week. The kids may all come home, if not there will be 3, so that will be nice and hopefully we can barbecue.
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh
Minnesota
1,511 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
I think one of the coolest things about meeting people via CC is that we chat away but when you actually are on the cruise serendipity steps in and you seem to bump into a few folks more often than others by way of shore excursions or sitting down in the dining room or one of the bars and strike up a friendship. We really enjoyed spending time with all the fine folks we met.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Georgian Bay, Ontario
5,010 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by Big Thunder
I think one of the coolest things about meeting people via CC is that we chat away but when you actually are on the cruise serendipity steps in and you seem to bump into a few folks more often than others by way of shore excursions or sitting down in the dining room or one of the bars and strike up a friendship. We really enjoyed spending time with all the fine folks we met.

Absolutely true sweet friend!!!! I am reminded of you and Mollie every time I walk into my office at home. I have the door sign sitting there on top of everything to go into the album.

How is Mollie doing? Have you both recovered from the NUT crud? I certainly hope so!

This was an amazing group of people, unlike any other group we have conversed with on CC. We really need to figure out a reunion cruise at some point so that we can get all of the NUTS together again!
Dee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dee and Dennis
PLUS Eh