Illinois Cruisers

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:32 PM.
IL
4,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by Hornet
We're on the same cruise as Donna, so won't be back until Nov 10. We'll also be on the two B2B's before this cruise starting 10/20. Mid Nov would be okay for us.
Gail
Hi Gail,

Lucky you! Wish we were going on the two B2B's too. Looking forward to seeing you & Tom again.

Donna
Chicago area
5,068 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Originally posted by Carolina Cruisers 2
Hello Rockin Royals,
Great to see you folks planning your M&G. Wishing you a fun time and look forward to meeting y'all on the ship.
Franky, looking forward to meeting you and talking about North Carolina. Tom and I built our first house in Charlotte and our first two children were born there. Love the Carolinas. We may even drive thru Charlotte on our way to the Myrtle Beach M&G to see our old house.
Gail
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Central Illinois
653 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by PookyCat
Since we are such a large group, I was interested in determining how many of us are from Illinois. If there are enough of us, maybe we could set up our own meet and greet meeting in the middle of the state for lunch some day???

Thoughts? Anyone interested?
Don't forget us (Wayne & Jan). Since we are down state, we may not be able to make a M&G up there. On the other hand, it would give us a chance to see the grandkids, so we will see.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous cruises:
Regal Princess - b2b Caribbean - 01/08/2017; Regal Princess - NY to FLL Caribbean Repo - 10/27/16; Royal Princess - b2b Eastern/Southern Caribbean - 01/09/2015; Regal Princess - TA Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen - 04/15/2015; Golden Princess - RT LA to Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa - 04/01/2014; Royal Princess - maiden TA Venice to Ft. Lauderdale - 10/09/2013; Pacific Princess - RT Ft. Lauderdale to E. Caribbean - 01/17/2013; Star Princess - RT Seattle to Alaska Inside Passage - 9/9/2012; Island Princess - RT Ft. Lauderdale to Panama Canal - 1/28/2012; Golden Princess - RT LA to Hawaii - 12/7/2011; Caribbean Princess - RT NY to Eastern Caribbean - 9/26/2011
Chicago area
5,068 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
What's happened to our IL M&G? Are we planning a late fall or beginning of the new year? Or are some of you getting together sooner?

I've been busy planning my 50th HS reunion for the weekend of Oct 5th and it has been like a full time job. It is going to be a very busy weekend of activities that we've been planning for a year and a half. Can't wait for our cruises right after the big event.

Gail
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

IL
4,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
What's happened to our IL M&G? Are we planning a late fall or beginning of the new year? Or are some of you getting together sooner?

I've been busy planning my 50th HS reunion for the weekend of Oct 5th and it has been like a full time job. It is going to be a very busy weekend of activities that we've been planning for a year and a half. Can't wait for our cruises right after the big event.

Gail
I'm up for either time for our meet & greet. My last reunion was for 25 years. The turn out was so bad that I'm sure there will never be another. It's too bad because those of us that went had a great time.

Donna
Chicago, Illinois
989 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Hi Everyone!

I apologize for not being around for the last few weeks. I got back from my Alaska cruise and went into a bit of a rough period. I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary of my husband's death and it's been pretty emotional.

I'm getting better and have finally gotten around to trying to get caught on some of the boards I follow. I think it would be great if we could all manage to get together before the end of the year but that might prove difficult once we get close to the holidays.

I will try to review this board this weekend and see if I can compile an analysis of when people are/aren't available and see if I can then come up with some suggestions. Does that work for everyone?

Melanie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie
Walk in Balance on Mother Earth

Chicago area
5,068 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Do you have family here in IL? I'm sure family is a big help in getting you through this past year. I see you have the Disney Dream booked for 2013. We took our kids and grands (14 of us) this August on the Dream and had the best time ever. Have you cruised Disney before?

Whatever dates are decided for the upcoming months before our cruise - I'm sure we'll make some of them. We have a hard time just getting our family to agree on a date for a summer BBQ. lol

Enjoy this beautiful weekend everyone....
Gail
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Chicago, Illinois
989 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Do you have family here in IL? I'm sure family is a big help in getting you through this past year. I see you have the Disney Dream booked for 2013. We took our kids and grands (14 of us) this August on the Dream and had the best time ever. Have you cruised Disney before?

Whatever dates are decided for the upcoming months before our cruise - I'm sure we'll make some of them. We have a hard time just getting our family to agree on a date for a summer BBQ. lol

Enjoy this beautiful weekend everyone....
Gail
Thanks, Gail. Yes I have family here. In fact, last April I moved from Springfield, IL to the Chicago area to be closer to my daughter and son-in-law. Actually, we built houses right next door to each other. That is the one huge positive that came out of all this.
Yes I've cruised Disney before - twice a long time ago. The one coming up is the Disney Vacation Club members cruise. They finally added one in January so my best friend and I decided to check it out. I'm just sorry that it's such a short cruise although we are surrounding it with stays at Disney World using our Vacation Club points.

Gail - how do you get your countdown clocks to print across instead of just down? I've tried to figure that out but have not yet managed it.

I'm hoping we can work in at least one pre-cruise gathering of this group before the end of the year. I intend to have the summary info and a few dates to toss out tomorrow!

Enjoy the Fall weather and the Full Moon!

Melanie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie

IL
4,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Hi Everyone!

I apologize for not being around for the last few weeks. I got back from my Alaska cruise and went into a bit of a rough period. I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary of my husband's death and it's been pretty emotional.

I'm getting better and have finally gotten around to trying to get caught on some of the boards I follow. I think it would be great if we could all manage to get together before the end of the year but that might prove difficult once we get close to the holidays.

I will try to review this board this weekend and see if I can compile an analysis of when people are/aren't available and see if I can then come up with some suggestions. Does that work for everyone?

Melanie
Melanie, So sorry to hear about your husband. I'm sure being closer to family now has been a big help.

Thanks for coordinating dates for our meet & greet. Hopefully we can find a good time for everyone.

Donna

Chicago, Illinois
989 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Gail - have a great time on your B2B and congratulations on attaining Elite while onboard! That's a goal of mine but it seems like fate is conspiring against me as my next few cruises are not on Princess.

Gail and Donna - thank you for your sympathies. It hasn't been easy but I have a great group of friends both old and new who are proving to be a blessing and I have my daughter and SIL right next door. I'm a survivor and I am doing a lot better this week. Not quite so teary.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie

Chicago, Illinois
989 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
I reviewed the postings on this thread and have put together a spreadsheet that has a summary of our information along with suggested restaurants. I added some dates based on what everyone has posted so far. The document is in PDF format and I have attached it for everyone to look at.

Please post the dates that work for you along with a preferred restaurant. I know that a couple of the dates are on holiday weekends but I thought I would include them just in case they work for everyone. Also, if we are all retired and can look at meeting on a weekday, let me know and we can add some extra date options.

I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Melanie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie

IL
4,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
I reviewed the postings on this thread and have put together a spreadsheet that has a summary of our information along with suggested restaurants. I added some dates based on what everyone has posted so far. The document is in PDF format and I have attached it for everyone to look at.

Please post the dates that work for you along with a preferred restaurant. I know that a couple of the dates are on holiday weekends but I thought I would include them just in case they work for everyone. Also, if we are all retired and can look at meeting on a weekday, let me know and we can add some extra date options.

I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Melanie
Melanie, I don't see a PDF document attached.

Donna
Chicago area
5,068 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Melanie, thought I'd better reply since we leave for our cruises next. Here's what looks good for us.

Nov 17 - no/maybe
Nov 24 - yes
Dec 15 - yes
Dec 22 - no
Dec 29 - no
Jan 5 - yes
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

IL
4,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Hi Melanie,

Sorry I haven't posted our availability. I missed that you added the attachment.

Nov 17 - No
Nov 24 - Yes
Dec 15 - No
Dec 22 - maybe
Dec 29 - maybe
Jan 5 - Yes

Donna
Central Illinois
653 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Hi Melanie,

We would not be able to come up on November 24th, but any of the other days look like a possibility for us.

Jan & Wayne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous cruises:
Regal Princess - b2b Caribbean - 01/08/2017; Regal Princess - NY to FLL Caribbean Repo - 10/27/16; Royal Princess - b2b Eastern/Southern Caribbean - 01/09/2015; Regal Princess - TA Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen - 04/15/2015; Golden Princess - RT LA to Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa - 04/01/2014; Royal Princess - maiden TA Venice to Ft. Lauderdale - 10/09/2013; Pacific Princess - RT Ft. Lauderdale to E. Caribbean - 01/17/2013; Star Princess - RT Seattle to Alaska Inside Passage - 9/9/2012; Island Princess - RT Ft. Lauderdale to Panama Canal - 1/28/2012; Golden Princess - RT LA to Hawaii - 12/7/2011; Caribbean Princess - RT NY to Eastern Caribbean - 9/26/2011
Chicago, Illinois
989 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Sorry I've not been here for a while but I've been sick with a sinus infection that is FINALLY starting to get better.

I think that we should consider focusing on January 5th if that is ok with everyone? That will get us all past the holidays and the family stuff associated with them.

Does that work for everyone?

Melanie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie

IL
4,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Sorry I've not been here for a while but I've been sick with a sinus infection that is FINALLY starting to get better.

I think that we should consider focusing on January 5th if that is ok with everyone? That will get us all past the holidays and the family stuff associated with them.

Does that work for everyone?

Melanie
We can't do January 5th now. We didn't make it to New York because of the hurricane for our cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I just booked Hawaii for January so we will be gone on the Jan. 5th date. Flying in early for the cruise. Have we considered trying for a Friday night either in November, December or February. I probably will be able to do December 15th now, I know I said before I couldn't. That seems like a date everyone could do.

Donna