Welcome To Viking Oceans !

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Viking Ocean
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:50 PM.
Boca Raton, FL
18,794 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the Viking Oceans Forum. I'm pleased to have the honor of the first post !

Host Faith & I will be moderating this forum. We look forward to discussing all things Viking Oceans, as they prepare for the launch of Viking Star in April 2015. I'd like to wish everyone at Viking Oceans all the very best of success in their new venture.

If there's anything I can do to assist, you are always welcome to email me by clicking on the link below. Thanks very much, and enjoy the forum !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Please follow me on Twitter @HostAndy

UK
58 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I am looking forward to finding out more about Viking Oceans Cruises. We have done Azamara, Oceania and Silversea cruises and Azamara is our clear favourite at the moment, but we are looking for maybe a younger demographic cruiseline and I'm hoping that Viking Oceans may be it.

Looking forward to more details of itineraries etc.
Naples, FL
4,579 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Hello Andy! Librarylady19 and I (and our respective husbands) are seriously looking into sailing on the Viking Star in April '15. You might be seeing a lot of us on this forum. It's very exciting!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Deirdre
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2103294
Celebrity Solstice Mediterranean cruise report here-
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676328
South Florida
444 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by Host Andy
Welcome to the Viking Oceans Forum. I'm pleased to have the honor of the first post !

Host Faith & I will be moderating this forum. We look forward to discussing all things Viking Oceans, as they prepare for the launch of Viking Star in May 2015. I'd like to wish everyone at Viking Oceans all the very best of success in their new venture.
Andy and Faith,

Thank you so much for initiating this new forum. I know it will be particularly helpful for those of us who are "early adopters" of cruising on the Viking Star.

Is seems to me that the cruise line boards are typically for discussion of the cruise line and that the Roll Calls are for discussion of issues related to specific cruises and particularly for meeting others on the same cruise. Most of the other lines have corresponding Roll Calls but not Viking Oceans. Could you clarify the intended organization. Obviously at this point participation in any specific cruise roll call would be very limited. Even so, cruisers may want to identify others who are sharing a cruise with them. How do you envision that being done with the current organization?

Thanks again for organizing this.

-- roy --
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oceania Sirena: Venice~Miami, Sep 11, 2017
Regent Navigator: World Cruise, Jan 8, 2018
Regent Voyager: Barcelona~Miami, Nov 12, 2018
Celebrity Edge: W+E Caribbean, Jan 6, 2019
Regent Mariner: Japan::Alaska, Apr 15, 2019

PAST CRUISES (E=Esther only) 1955(E) United States: TA; 1958+59(E) America: TA; 1966+67(E) Nieuw Amsterdam: TA; 1976+77+78 Discovery: Bahamas; 1990 Sky Princess: Baltic; 1992 Dolphin: Bahamas; 1993 Carnival Celebration: E. Carib.; 1997 RCI Song of America: NY~Bermuda; 2000 Carnival Celebration: W. Carib.; 2003(E) Carnival Fantasy, W. Carib.; 2004 Carnival Extasy, W. Carib.; 2006 Carnival Imagination,:E. Carib.; 2007 Celebrity Mercury: New Zealand; 2008 Azamara Journey: Panama Canal; 2009 Celebrity Solstice: Nowhere; 2010 Celebrity Infinity: Panama Canal+Alaska; 2011 Celebrity Infinity: Antarctica; 2011 Celebrity Xpedition: Galapagos; 2012 Celebrity Century: Sydney~Hawaii::Ensenada; 2012 RCI Grandeur of the Seas: Venice~Palma de Mallorca; 2012 Celebrity Infinity: Ft. Lauderdale~Valparaiso; 2013 Disney Fantasy: E. Carib.; 2013 Celebrity Equinox: Ft. Lauderdale~Barcelona; Viking Aegir: Amsterdam~Budapest::Bucharest, 2013; Oceania Regatta: Montreal~Miami, 2013; Regent Navigator: Miami~Amazon~Miami, 2013; Celebrity Millennium: Singapore~Indonesia~Singapore::Hong Kong, 2014; Disney Wonder: Bahamas~Key West, 2014; RCI Allure of the Seas: W. Carib., 2014; Regent Voyager: Fjords+Baltic(x2)+British Isles, 2014; Oceania Riviera: Barcelona~Miami, 2014; Azamara Journey: Antarctica, 2015; Regent Voyager: Tokyo~London, 2015; RCI Jewel of the Seas: Alaska, 2015; Oceania Riviera: Istanbul r/t (x2), 2015; Regent Mariner: Cape Town~Rio de Janeiro, 2015; Celebrity Solstice: NZ & Australia::B2B::Top of Australia, 2016; Regent Voyager: London~Reykjavik B3B, 2016; Regent Explorer: Rome~Miami, 2016; Regent Navigator, Miami~Auckland, 2017; Regent Navigator: Miami~Amazon~Miami, 2017; Celebrity Xpedition: Galapagos (x2), 2017
Atlanta
5,914 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Echo Cruisingator2, and Roy's sincere thanks Faith & Andy.

Also, in the vein of Roy's comment above, we have started our Viking Homelands voyage roll call in the Other Roll Call section under P-Z cruiselines. Andy/Faith, if y'all decide to include Viking Oceans as a separate roll call, pls consider moving this thread there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]
Boca Raton, FL
18,794 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Originally posted by rblevow
Andy and Faith,

Thank you so much for initiating this new forum. I know it will be particularly helpful for those of us who are "early adopters" of cruising on the Viking Star.

Is seems to me that the cruise line boards are typically for discussion of the cruise line and that the Roll Calls are for discussion of issues related to specific cruises and particularly for meeting others on the same cruise. Most of the other lines have corresponding Roll Calls but not Viking Oceans. Could you clarify the intended organization. Obviously at this point participation in any specific cruise roll call would be very limited. Even so, cruisers may want to identify others who are sharing a cruise with them. How do you envision that being done with the current organization?

Thanks again for organizing this.

-- roy --
Hi Roy,

I *believe* there will be a dedicated forum for Viking Oceans Roll Calls. I've suggested one be created for Viking Star. As soon as I hear from our Community Manager, I will report back.

Welcome Aboard !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Boca Raton, FL
18,794 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Originally posted by dln929
Hello Andy! Librarylady19 and I (and our respective husbands) are seriously looking into sailing on the Viking Star in April '15. You might be seeing a lot of us on this forum. It's very exciting!
Hi Everyone,

A special welcome to my friends from Celebrity, Azamara and other forums. Great to have you with us !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Naples, FL
4,579 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Hi Everyone,

A special welcome to my friends from Celebrity, Azamara and other forums. Great to have you with us !
I hope Host Faith pops in, too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Deirdre
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2103294
Celebrity Solstice Mediterranean cruise report here-
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676328
Encino, CA
979 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Actually the maiden voyage is in April, 2015, Venice to Istanbul.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

FUTURE CRUISES
Viking Sky - Bergen to Reykjavik - 8-2019
Regent Explorer - Cape Town to Cape Town - 12-2018
Silver Cloud Expedition - Ushuaia to Ushuaia - 2-2018

PAST CRUISES
Oceania Marina - London to London - 8-2017
Viking Star - Puerto Rico to Puerto Rico - 2-2017
Oceania Marina - Amsterdam to Barcelona - 9-2016
Oceania Marina - Sydney to Auckland - 2-2016
Viking Star - Venice to Istanbul - 9-2015
Oceania Marina - New York to Montreal 5-2015
Viking Njord - Budapest to Prague - 8-2014
Viking Emerald - Shanghai to Beijing - 4-2014
Silversea Whisper - Hong Kong to Singapore - 2-2013
Regent Voyager - Stockholm to Copenhagen - 7-2012
Regent Mariner - Barcelona to Rome - 5-2011
Regent Mariner - Istanbul to Athens - 8-2010
Regent Mariner - Alaska 8-2009
Carnival cruise to Mexico - 2000
Disney cruise to the Bahamas - 1989
Boca Raton, FL
18,794 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Originally posted by Carol From California
Actually the maiden voyage is in April, 2015, Venice to Istanbul.
Hi Carol,

I've just corrected that information in my initial post. In the Press Release http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/me...uise-line.aspx , it stated May 2015. Sorry for any confusion.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Parsippany, NJ
1,109 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Thanks for the heads up Andy......just asked my TA to look into the 16MAY2015 cruise on The Star.
Kathy
Atlanta
5,914 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Hi Kathy, like Andy we read the news release and thought the May, Viking Homelands voyage was the maiden, no worries... we still booked Viking Homelands, one of the maiden season voyages to be more correct. Host Andy is looking into helping Viking Oceans cruisers have their own roll call thread. In the meantime, have started a May 16 roll call (other cruise lines roll call thread, even tho for now miss named, hopefully Andy can change to just Viking Homelands May 16-May30) here below. Pls consider joining our thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1846021
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]
Boca Raton, FL
18,794 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Originally posted by Colonel(Ret.)Wes
Hi Kathy, like Andy we read the news release and thought the May, Viking Homelands voyage was the maiden, no worries... we still booked Viking Homelands, one of the maiden season voyages to be more correct. Host Andy is looking into helping Viking Oceans cruisers have their own roll call thread. In the meantime, have started a May 16 roll call (other cruise lines roll call thread, even tho for now miss named, hopefully Andy can change to just Viking Homelands May 16-May30) here below. Pls consider joining our thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1846021
Hi Col Wes,

I've made the changes. If & when Viking has a dedicated Roll Call Forum, I will be happy to move the thread. Please advise if the retitle works for you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Atlanta
5,914 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Hi Andy,

Looks good thank you, could you add the following to the title

Viking Star Maiden Season: Viking Homelands Voyage (May 16-30, 2015)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]
Atlanta, Georgia
285 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Hi Everyone,

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting info on the Azamara board last week about Viking Oceans, and I'm glad to see you're hosting here as well! I have to admit, I've already spent a good bit of time on the Viking Oceans website. The first ship really looks like it will be a great one to experience.

Doug
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9/99 NCL Norway, 5/02 NCL Norway, 3/04 NCL Majesty, 5/05 Carnival Conquest, 3/06 NCL Sun, 3/09 NCL Jewel, 9/09 NCL Gem, 5/11 Holland America Oosterdam, 11/11 Azamara Quest, 2/12 Disney Wonder, 7/12 Azamara Journey, 1/13 NCL Pride of America, 3/14 NCL Jade, 7/14 Azamara Quest, 3/15 Disney Wonder, 12/15 NCL Escape, 12/16 NCL Spirit
Upcoming: 6/17 Azamara Quest
Nottingham, England
2,143 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
I must admit river cruising never crossed our minds until reading about Viking and now we may have to add that to the list of things we want to do as well as a Viking Oceans cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
COMING UP!!!

MSC MERAVIGLIA - JULY 2017

SAILED!

Britannia - P&O Cruises - Mini Cruise to Bruges - May 2017 - 2 nights - (Superior Deluxe Balcony)
REVIEW - http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2502268
Celebrity Reflection - Miami to Puerto Rico, St Thomas & St Maarten - April 2016 - 7 nights - (Aqua Class Hump Balcony)
REVIEW - http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sho....php?t=2334071

NCL Escape - NCL - Inaugural Cruise from Hamburg to Southampton - Oct 2015 - 3 nights - (Spa Mini Suite Balcony)
REVIEW - Still not finished - sorry!

Britannia - P&O Cruises - Norwegian Fjords - June 2015 - 7nights - (Superior Deluxe Balcony)
REVIEW! http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sho....php?t=2230373

Azamara Quest - Azamara Club Cruises - Cruise to the Greek Islands and Turkey - June 2014
7 nights (Balcony)

REVIEW!
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2063572

Norwegian Jade - NCL - Eastern Med from Rome - March 2013 - 10 nights (Mini Suite Balcony)
REVIEW!
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...hlight=kikki21

Norwegian Epic - NCL - Hurricane Earl West/East
Caribbean special from Miami - August 2010 - 7 nights (Balcony)
Splendour of the Seas - RCCL - Eastern Med from Venice - October 2009 - 7 nights (Outside)
Celebrity Galaxy - Celebrity - Eastern Med from Rome - October 2008 - 10 nights (Concierge Class Balcony)
Majesty of the Seas - RCCL - Bahamas from Miami - Nov 2007 - 4 nights (Outside)
Atlanta
5,914 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Kikki21, we were following the same path as you (river cruising did not enter our cruise dance card planning have lived (thus visited the major European cities, have been to over a dozen Christmas markets) in Europe over ten/30+ years of our military careers) but taking a Hong Kong to Shanghai cruise (Silversea, Azamara) in 2015 then
boarding the Viking Imperieal for the 15 day China river cruise/land trip--is our goal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]
Sydney, Australia
88 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Hi Colonel Wes
I am thinking of booking the Istanbul to Barcelona cruise in April & have our Australian travel agent chasing it up. Can you explain the referral system for Viking, I can't find any information on it.
Thanks
Caroline
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Azamara Quest 12-28-2013
Oceania Riviera 1-23-2013
Seabourn Pride 1-3-2012
Azamara Journey 5-1-2011
Crystal Serenity 4-29-2010
Azamara Quest 7-26-2009
:Windsurf 2007
Atlanta
5,914 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Hi Caroline, pls call me Wes.

Below is the base info on the Viking Referral program taking from their River cruise website (if you put referral in the search block of the Vikings Ocean website, a link to the below info will be provided under Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Most importantly as mentioned above for brand new Viking Oceans guests, they can refer guests if they have a paid deposit (booking#) and filled out their passenger information form on the Viking website.

Viking Referral Rewards

Travel is one of life’s great treasures—and sharing it with others increases its value in so many ways. Recommend a river or ocean journey with Viking Cruises to a friend, family member, neighbor or colleague and you can both reap the rewards.
Referring new travelers is simple

Recommending Viking is easy, as there is something for everyone. Whether you prefer to travel on your own, with family members or with a few of your closest friends, Viking provides a safe, comfortable environment where you can relax and focus on discovering the world you’ve come to see. Stateroom arrangements on our river ships are flexible, with beds that can be set up in twin or double configuration. In our open-seating dining rooms, you can spend time with old friends at every meal or sit with new people—a great way to meet like-minded people and future traveling companions.
You receive $100 travel credit

...for each new traveler you refer—that is $200 for each referred couple. Your credits are valid on reservations made within 12 months from date of issue.
Earn a free cruise

...when you refer your 13th friend within a calendar year! See details below.
Viking Referral Rewards Levels

Level 1
New travelers referred: 1-12
Credits for each new traveler: $100

Level 2
New travelers referred: 13
Travel bonus: one free river cruise valued up to $3,300

Once you have received Referral Rewards for 13 new travelers within a given cruise season (a value of up to $4,500), your count resets to zero and you can start earning Level 1 benefits again right away.
Each referred person saves

...$100 per person on their first trip.
How does the program work?

Tell your friends about Viking River Cruises, and give them your customer number. When they call to book their trip, they tell us your name and customer number; you receive your Referral Reward, and they receive a $100 credit on their first trip on the spot.

Click Viking referral rewards to view detailed information about eligibility and restrictions.

Also here is the link for detailing info:

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/0047...ralrewards.pdf
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]