Carry-on Only Cruising

shops54

There must be more people than just me that are interested in minimalist cruising. Today's topic is "What is your fav carry-on? Mine is a new "Mother Lode Weekender Convertible" from e-bags. It uses every square inch of carry-on space. It comes without wheels and stores either under the seat or up on top. It can be a back pack or a shoulder bag or a regular carry-handle suitcase. Much eaiser to lift than the roll-aboards.

And just for your info, I plan on going to both the formal nights and the adventure tours- not scrimping on anything while packing in carry-on only. I'm sure many of you have similar stories - let's share them!

• 2 months later...
There must be more people than just me that are interested in minimalist cruising. Today's topic is "What is your fav carry-on? Mine is a new "Mother Lode Weekender Convertible" from e-bags. It uses every square inch of carry-on space. It comes without wheels and stores either under the seat or up on top. It can be a back pack or a shoulder bag or a regular carry-handle suitcase. Much eaiser to lift than the roll-aboards.

And just for your info, I plan on going to both the formal nights and the adventure tours- not scrimping on anything while packing in carry-on only. I'm sure many of you have similar stories - let's share them!

I rarely check bags. I am cruising the British Isles this summer for 12 nights, two of them formal nights. I will have a 21" expandable rollie (too old and too short for a backpack, so I do give up a little space and gain a little weight with the rollers).

I am in the pre-planning stages for the Galapagos and Peru next summer with Celebrity and that will be carry on only too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We checked a bag on our last cruise only because we knew we would need more sunscreen than we were allowed in our 3-1-1 bags. Otherwise we always carry on. I use a 20" roll on and was using a Kipling large duffle but was given a TimBuk2 messenger which will be my new "small personal item." My camera gear takes half the space in the smaller bag, if only I could figure out a way to downsize that.