New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:11 PM.
pittsburgh
134 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
as you can see they are hit and miss it seems. heard they put it in the fun times (ship paper delivered to your room each night) our roll call group hopefully having one in July, but we also planned an informal meet at the red frog onboard if our planned one doesn't happen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Glory Aug 2014 W Caribbean
Glory Nov 2013 E Caribbean
Conquest Aug 2011 W Caribbean
Valor Sep 2005 EX W Caribbean
Sensation Sep 1995 W Caribbean

Best Tail Ever
mansfield, tx
2,855 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Even though I received an email confirming enough signed up for a meet & greet, I never saw it in the fun times on my 4/30/16 Freedom sailing. I don't know if I'm just blind or if they ended up not having one. Still had a good time, though.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Jubilee 6/03
Carnival Elation 8/8/04
Carnival Valor 7/13/08
Carnival Conquest 8/2/09
Carnival Liberty 7/10/10
Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas 9/18/10
Carnival Liberty 11/05/11
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas 9/15/12
Carnival Glory 9/06/14
Carnival Magic 1/25/15
Carnival Freedom 5/16/15
Carnival Breeze 9/26/15
Carnival Freedom 4/30/16
Regal Princess 11/6/16 Thank you, Imperial Sugar!!
Carnival Magic 5/5/18

www.facebook.com/deannamcs
PA
1,565 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Why are they scheduling the Meet & Mingles at dinner time? No wonder people don't show up. I would think most people would like them the first sea day at 11AM or 2PM. Most people like to sleep in the first sea day, so these times would be perfect for most cruisers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
12-08-2012 Grand Princess
06-03-2014 Star Princess
04-12-2015 Carnival Conquest
04-18-2015 Royal Princess

Southwest Florida
3,266 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
I began planning our Meet & Greet prior to this new service for our May 24 Vista sailing and had tremendous response, we had over 100 wishing to attend. When we heard about this, we all signed up for the planned event.

I was told that at 2 weeks out I could find out the date and time through Event Planning. I emailed event planning and was told it was scheduled for June 2 at 4:00 pm.

THIS IS THE LAST DAY ON THE SHIP AT A TIME WHEN MOST WILL STILL BE IN PORT!!!!!!!!!!

Either (1) Carnival has no concept of the purpose of a Meet & Greet (as one on our thread stated "do they think it is a meet & goodbye"?) or;

(2) They want to discourage these events.

I have contacted John Heald on his facebook page and am hopeful for a revision of the timing of this event to our sea day, which was our original request. As it stands only a handful of our original 100+ will even be on the ship at the designated time and even they will be unlikely to attend.

While the concept it a good one, the implementation is awful.

We are hopeful someone will intervene on our behalf as this group has spent months planning and would very much like to meet face to face. We are not asking for goodies and drinks and such, we just want a PLACE at a reasonable TIME.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9 Day Med - Jewel May 30, 2018 - Rome, Messina, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Santorini, Athens, Naples
5 Day Caribbean - Navigator December 3, 2017 - Belize, Cozumel
10 Day Mediterranean - Vista May 2016 - Athens, Rhodes, Valleta, Messina, Naples, Rome, Florence, Marseille, Barcelona
7 Day Eastern - Glory - St.Thomas,SanJuan,GrTurk,HalfMoonCay
7 Day Western Mediterranean - NCL EPIC out of Barcelona - 5/2013
7 Day Eastern - Liberty '11 - St.Thomas,SanJuan, GrTurk
7 Day Western - Glory 2009 - Cozumel, Gr. Cayman, Belize, Roatan
4 Day Western - Imagination 2006 - Key West, Calica
7 Day Western - Triumph 2005 -Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Grand Caymen

Southwest Florida
3,266 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by MCFTJCH2V
It s quite odd that no one is stepping up to this issue. Especially on a topic big enough to be made a stickie.
It is, and I have gotten the same lack of response on John Heald's facebook. I posted and he even responded something vague to which I responded that the last day of the cruise while people in are in port won't work and asked again about rescheduling to the sea day. Not only did I get no reponse, but the comments were deleted.

So, being somewhat persistent, I posted again today asking for a yes or no answer so that, if recheduling was not going to occur, we could go back to scheduling it ourselves.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9 Day Med - Jewel May 30, 2018 - Rome, Messina, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Santorini, Athens, Naples
10 Day Mediterranean - Vista May 2016 - Athens, Rhodes, Valleta, Messina, Naples, Rome, Florence, Marseille, Barcelona

pittsburgh
134 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Everyone's beating up Carnival has anyone at cruise critic management contacting them? Just sayin. JH sounds like a jerk and I don't think he really cares. Cruise Critic needs to step forward on this or quit advertising for carnival. Our group has planned our own get together if carnival screws up the seduced one!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Best Tail Ever
pittsburgh
134 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Scheduled one. Lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Best Tail Ever
Citrus Heights, CA United States
3,819 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by leog
Everyone's beating up Carnival has anyone at cruise critic management contacting them? Just sayin. JH sounds like a jerk and I don't think he really cares. Cruise Critic needs to step forward on this or quit advertising for carnival. Our group has planned our own get together if carnival screws up the seduced one!
I agree that anyone sailing on Carnival needs to arrange the M&G. JH doesn't sound nice towards CC and sadly Carnival Corp is not welcoming CC with open arms. Who knows what the politics are on this one? I am glad you have one arranged.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Epic ~ Europe, Mediterranean 7/17
Carnival Inspiration ~ Mexico 7/16
NCL Jade ~ Western Caribbean 4/16
Carnival Inspiration ~ Mexico 7/15
NCL Star ~ Mexico 3/15
Carnival Imagination ~ Mexico 7/14
NCL Pearl ~ Alaska 5/13
NCL Epic ~ Western Caribbean 4/11
NCL Majesty ~ Bermuda 5/09
Carnival Paradise ~ Mexico 5/08
RCC Monarch of the Seas ~ 7/07
Coral Princess ~ Panama Canal 4/06
Sapphire Princess ~ Mexican Riviera 12/05
Carnival Paradise ~ Mexico 7/05
NCL Majesty ~ Bermuda 5/04
NCL Wind ~ Hawaii 4/03
Carnival Tropicale ~ Southern Caribbean 5/93
Southwest Florida
3,266 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by Linda the Book Lover
I agree that anyone sailing on Carnival needs to arrange the M&G. JH doesn't sound nice towards CC and sadly Carnival Corp is not welcoming CC with open arms. Who knows what the politics are on this one? I am glad you have one arranged.
That's the thing. Event planning won't let you and won't give you a space any more. So it would have to be very informal and in a public area.

Like I said, the idea was a good one, the implementation is not.

We have been planning together for a year to 18 months and now will have to try to figure out where to meet 100 people in a public space???

Sometimes leaving well enough alone is the better plan.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

pittsburgh
134 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
How bout meet at 230=330 on embarkation day in the lobby just inside the security area where the walkway into the ship with welcome cruise critic members signs lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Best Tail Ever
Arkansas
7 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
We were on the May 8th Breeze sailing out of Galveston. The M&G was on the first sea day at 10:00 am. We were the only 4 people to show up. Carnival provided pastries, sandwiches and drinks. The CD, Hotel Director, Entertainment Director, Food Services Director and Beverage Services Director were present. It was held in the Piano Bar and Carnival definitely did their part to make this happen. Although nobody else showed up, we had a great time visiting with the crew for about 30 minutes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

pittsburgh
134 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
That's the best story I've heard so far I hope Carnival does the same for our group on July 9th and I hope the Cruise Critic people signed up for it show up too
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Best Tail Ever
Southwest Florida
3,266 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
We have a rooftop terrace crawl planned for Athens the night before we sail and a small meet planned for Deck 10 aft right after the safety briefing. It's just really sad that we had a group of 100 well organized and planned (spreadsheets and all!), all we needed was a space and then this happened and looks like it has killed it. Very disappointing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Magnolia, TX
58 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by dmdiver
Even though I received an email confirming enough signed up for a meet & greet, I never saw it in the fun times on my 4/30/16 Freedom sailing. I don't know if I'm just blind or if they ended up not having one. Still had a good time, though.
It was held on the 2nd sea day, and it was listed in the Fun Times. We had 130 people who were signed up, and probably 40 who actually attended. It was nice though, as the Cruise Director Malcolm, the Entertainmanet Director David, and a few other staff members were there as well. They also had a nice spread of cookies and juices/tea.
mansfield, tx
2,855 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by Mtngal33
It was held on the 2nd sea day, and it was listed in the Fun Times. We had 130 people who were signed up, and probably 40 who actually attended. It was nice though, as the Cruise Director Malcolm, the Entertainmanet Director David, and a few other staff members were there as well. They also had a nice spread of cookies and juices/tea.
Well, darn, I'm sorry I didn't see it. Maybe that was the day I had the fish bowl at Red Frog!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Jubilee 6/03
Carnival Elation 8/8/04
Carnival Valor 7/13/08
Carnival Conquest 8/2/09
Carnival Liberty 7/10/10
Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas 9/18/10
Carnival Liberty 11/05/11
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas 9/15/12
Carnival Glory 9/06/14
Carnival Magic 1/25/15
Carnival Freedom 5/16/15
Carnival Breeze 9/26/15
Carnival Freedom 4/30/16
Regal Princess 11/6/16 Thank you, Imperial Sugar!!
Carnival Magic 5/5/18

www.facebook.com/deannamcs
9 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Breeze 5/15/16 sailing. Carnival stepped up and had the same crew and refreshment and there was 6 of us that showed up. 4 nice ladies and my DW and myself. It was held on the 1st or 2nd sea day at 10am. It was listed in the fun times and held in the piano bar. It was great that they are supporting the meet and greats but it won't last without a showing from the CC group.
Thibodaux, LA
990 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by LauraS
Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

Enjoy!

Laura
HI!

Thrilled to see that Carnival is not taking part in this program. However, we have a Roll Call here that has 42 folks registered for a Meet and Mingle. Our sail date is June 4, 2016 on the Splendor.............but as of today no one has received the confirmation email that is mentioned as part of the process. Just checking to see if that is no longer the 'norm'.............or if Carnival is less than enthusiastic about the program? Thanks for your help/ info.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1-Celebrity Horizon June 1990 Bermuda 2-Enchanted Seas July 1991 Nova Scotia
3-Premier Big Red Boat June 1992 Bahamas 4-Star Princess July 1994 Alaska
5-Inspiration June 1996 Southern Caribbean 6-Celebration July 1998 Western Caribbean
7-Celebration June 1999 Western Caribbean 8-Holiday April 2004 Western Caribbean
9-Fantasy July 2007 Western Caribbean 10-Holiday Feb 2008 Western Caribbean
11-Legend June 2008 Exotic W Caribbean 12-Fantasy July 2008 Western Caribbean
13-Fantasy Oct 2008 Western Caribbean 14-Conquest April 2009 Western Caribbean
15-Fascination July 2009 Bahamas 16-Pride of America April 3 2010 Hawaii-- O M G
17-Triumph, July 1, 2010 Western Caribbean 18-NCL Spirit, June 5, 2011, Western Caribbean
19-Conquest, Feb 19, 2012, Western Caribbean 20-Elation, Oct 6, 2012, Western Caribbean
**The cruise that wasn't... Triumph, Feb 11, 2013 cancelled due to engine fire**
21- June 1, 2013, Elation Western Caribbean 22 - March 02, 2014, Sunshine, Key West and Bahamas
23 - Carnival Dream, Feb 15, 2015 Exotic Western Caribbean FAMILY cruise
24 Carnival Elation, Aug 13, 2015 25 Carnival Elation, Feb 06, 2016
26 Carnival Splendor, June 04, 2016 27 Carnival Dream, Apr 16, 2017

Next Up

Carnival Dream, Feb 11, 2018
Family Cruise

422 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by sailincajunns
HI!

Thrilled to see that Carnival is not taking part in this program. However, we have a Roll Call here that has 42 folks registered for a Meet and Mingle. Our sail date is June 4, 2016 on the Splendor.............but as of today no one has received the confirmation email that is mentioned as part of the process. Just checking to see if that is no longer the 'norm'.............or if Carnival is less than enthusiastic about the program? Thanks for your help/ info.
Sounds like this program has already gone bust. Not surprised. It seems to have been set up to fail from the beginning.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Michigan
6,898 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
This was a failure on the Carnival Dream last week. We had 75 signed up from our roll call. It was listed in the Fun Times as Noon on the first Sea Day in the Piano Bar. Absolutely no one from Carnival showed up. There were no officers, no crew, and no refreshments. There were about 10 cruise critic members that stayed and chatted. I think even more saw that nothing was set up and didn't bother to stop.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Warm Breezes

Cruise History Summary: 17 Cruises, 98 Nights, 14 Ships, 4 Cruise Lines, 20 Ports of Call, 7 Embarkation Ports
Carnival Fantasy Oct. 2017 - 5 Night Western, Norwegian Escape Sept. 2017 - 7 Night Eastern...oops Irma says Western, Carnival Sunshine Oct. 2016 - 5 Night Canada, Carnival Dream May 2016 - 7 Night Western, Carnival Splendor April 2015 - 7 Night Eastern, Ruby Princess March 2014 - 5 Night Western, Norwegian Jewel Oct. 2013 - 7 Night Western, Carnival Freedom Aug. 2013 - 6 Night Western, Norwegian Epic Dec 2011 - 7 Night Eastern, Carnival Glory July 2011 - 5 Night Canada, Carnival Destiny Nov. 2010 - 4 Night Western, Carnival Freedom July 2009 - 8 Night Eastern, Norwegian Jewel Nov. 2007 - 5 Night Western, Carnival Elation Dec. 2006 - 5 Night Eastern, Carnival Inspiration Nov. 2005 - 5 Night Western, Disney Magic June 2004 -7 Night Eastern, Disney Wonder Nov. 2001 - 3 Night Bahamas