New Beach Bungalows on Labadee

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:11 PM.
North West NJ
4,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by iamcsm
We rented one just last week. I booked under my name only @$250 and there was space for 8 people. There were 6 of us that shared it. It was very comfortable for that many to sit there. and 2 more would not have been hard.

We could tell they were new. The cooler had 6 large bottles of Evian water. We got 2 floater mats. It was shaded sitting there. They had 2 towels there. I'm guessing you could have gotten more towels and maybe water but we had brought our own from the ship.

I think there were only 8 available to rent. There were two rows of beach chairs lined up in front of them for all of those who rented them to share. There were always lots of beach chairs available.

The only downside was the swim area was right next to a small boat dock. The boats that docked here, how shall I say it, needed a little maintenance. They spit out lots of black smoke when they were running. It left the ocean water in the area a little greasy/oily from the motors.

Oh, be sure to take the ferry or the tram over there so you don't have to walk so far!
Thank you for your review. A little disappointed about the water situation. Is it still swim-able? Also....are the bathrooms, eateries, bar nearby? Is this section of Labadee crowded? One more please.....is there a butler/cabana boy available to get your cocktails?
Charlotte, NC
112 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
Originally posted by suzyluvs2cruise
In Cruise Planner for my upcoming Allure cruise it shows as $250. Thanks for posting the description.

Attachment 393152
Can someone verify if the pricing works as the cabanas do, in that you only have to pay for one person?

Edited: Sorry - should have read through the whole thread first!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - April 2017
RCCL Oasis of the Seas - August 2016
RCCL Freedom of the Seas - October 2015
NCL Getaway - May 2015

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas - May 2014
Carnival Dream - May 2012
Carnival Pride - September 2009
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - August 2006
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - August 2001
North West NJ
4,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by DrDani226
Can someone verify if the pricing works as the cabanas do, in that you only have to pay for one person?
Yes. When you book it "on line" it will ask you how many people. (I believe it had the options of 1-8). You ONLY put 1 and the total cost will be $250. I booked it this morning. This is the option they give for ALL excursions.
Michigan
1,097 Posts
Joined May 2001
Originally posted by champagne123
Me too!!! I will definitely post all about it and take tons of pics in the whole area. I don't know how to post pictures, but I have 7 weeks to figure it out. When is your cruise?

We don't cruise till April of next year

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Michigan
1,097 Posts
Joined May 2001
Thank you for your review. A little disappointed about the water situation. Is it still swim-able? Also....are the bathrooms, eateries, bar nearby? Is this section of Labadee crowded? One more please.....is there a butler/cabana boy available to get your cocktails?

One of the buffet area is right there according to a labadee map. It says you get a attendant to get you stuff.

North West NJ
4,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by coops
One of the buffet area is right there according to a labadee map. It says you get a attendant to get you stuff.

Yes, I have the map, but it is difficult to tell just how far it is. I know the website states that there is an attendant to get your drinks, but I found it strange that it was not mentioned in the above review.
105 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Yes, it is still swimmable, I was in the water for quite a while.

Yes, the bathroom and BBQ food is very close. And you can get your food and bring it back to the bungalow to eat if you wish. There are two butler/cabana boys available to get your cocktails.

The section is as far to the end as you can go, you can see the water park, next to that is the open area, and then the bungalow area is at the end. Some of the bungalows were empty so there weren't that many people, but there are definitely people around.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
Explorer of the Seas 7nt Alaska Aug 2017
Oasis of the Seas 7nt Caribbean Aug 2016
Freedom of the Seas 7nt/7nt b2b Caribbean Nov 2015
Explorer of the Seas 14nt repo S Caribbean Nov 2014
Golden Princess 14nt Hawaii October 2011
Carnival Paradise 4nt Mexico May 2009
Perth, Western Australia
205 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
I was curios this morning as I thought they would be nice for our stop there.

Well RCI want over AUD$660 for that.... Needless to say.... Way TOO expensive for my justification.����
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
A P&O Ship in 1968
Kota Bali August 1979
Superstar Virgo 2000
River Baroness 2009
River Royale 2009
Anthena 2011
Rhapsody of the Seas 2011
Voyager of the Seas 2013
Johann Strauss 2013
Oasis of the Seas 2014
Astor 2014
Dawn Princess 2015
Scenic Diamond 2015
P&O Pacific Eden 2016 & 2017
Harmony of the Seas 2016
Radiance of the Seas 2018

2018 - Symphony of the Seas and Allure of the Seas - Diamonds are a girl's best friend
North West NJ
4,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by iamcsm
Yes, it is still swimmable, I was in the water for quite a while.

Yes, the bathroom and BBQ food is very close. And you can get your food and bring it back to the bungalow to eat if you wish. There are two butler/cabana boys available to get your cocktails.

The section is as far to the end as you can go, you can see the water park, next to that is the open area, and then the bungalow area is at the end. Some of the bungalows were empty so there weren't that many people, but there are definitely people around.
Thank you so much for all of the info!!!!

Originally posted by Little Miss Fine
I was curios this morning as I thought they would be nice for our stop there.

Well RCI want over AUD$660 for that.... Needless to say.... Way TOO expensive for my justification.����
Little Miss Fine...I think you are looking at the wrong item. That is the Cabanas for AUD$660. This is a brand new item. It is on page 2 of the Labadee itineraries. It says "BUNGALOWS" and they are $250 . Check again.
Perth, Western Australia
205 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Trust me Champagne123,

Definitely the bungalow and definitely $665 Australia for the two of us ������

Oh well Nachi Coccum is booked for Cozumel ������������
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
A P&O Ship in 1968
Kota Bali August 1979
Superstar Virgo 2000
River Baroness 2009
River Royale 2009
Anthena 2011
Voyager of the Seas 2013
Johann Strauss 2013
Oasis of the Seas 2014
Astor 2014
Dawn Princess 2015
Scenic Diamond 2015
Harmony of the Seas 2016

2018 - Symphony of the Seas and Allure of the Seas - Diamonds are a girl's best friend
North West NJ
4,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Trust me Champagne123,

Definitely the bungalow and definitely $665 Australia for the two of us ������

Holy Cow!!! That is INSANE.
Perth, Western Australia
205 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
It certainly is

We'll try on board just incase there are any left at a better rate.

Cheers,
Nomes
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
A P&O Ship in 1968
Kota Bali August 1979
Superstar Virgo 2000
River Baroness 2009
River Royale 2009
Anthena 2011
Voyager of the Seas 2013
Johann Strauss 2013
Oasis of the Seas 2014
Astor 2014
Dawn Princess 2015
Scenic Diamond 2015
Harmony of the Seas 2016

North West NJ
4,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
It certainly is

We'll try on board just incase there are any left at a better rate.

Cheers,
Nomes
I am curious to know how much the Cabanas are for your itinerary.
Perth, Western Australia
205 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Doesn't let me book a Cabana but they show up to Australian $652 per person to book. Will be interesting to see what price I get on board.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
A P&O Ship in 1968
Kota Bali August 1979
Superstar Virgo 2000
River Baroness 2009
River Royale 2009
Anthena 2011
Voyager of the Seas 2013
Johann Strauss 2013
Oasis of the Seas 2014
Astor 2014
Dawn Princess 2015
Scenic Diamond 2015
Harmony of the Seas 2016

North West NJ
4,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Doesn't let me book a Cabana but they show up to Australian $652 per person to book. Will be interesting to see what price I get on board.
Mmmmm. Not much of a price difference, so this doesn't make too much sense to me. Yes, you have to book the Cabanas as soon as you board the ship. You cannot book them "on-line". Just so you know....although it says per person...it is not. Only 1 person books it.
Kentucky, USA
731 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Saw those when we were there in early July, before they were finished, and wondered what they were. I wonder how long the price will stay at $250. Weren't the cabanas in that range originally? I know they were much less than they are now.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising through Life, One Port at a Time
Perth, Western Australia
205 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Mmmmm. Not much of a price difference, so this doesn't make too much sense to me. Yes, you have to book the Cabanas as soon as you board the ship. You cannot book them "on-line". Just so you know....although it says per person...it is not. Only 1 person books it.

Oh I only book for 1! Champagne123 I owe you a round!! That makes a big difference.

Thank you for letting me know. Greatly appreciate your help.

Chin chin,
Nomes
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
A P&O Ship in 1968
Kota Bali August 1979
Superstar Virgo 2000
River Baroness 2009
River Royale 2009
Anthena 2011
Voyager of the Seas 2013
Johann Strauss 2013
Oasis of the Seas 2014
Astor 2014
Dawn Princess 2015
Scenic Diamond 2015
Harmony of the Seas 2016

Central Illinois
115,445 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by hapster85
Saw those when we were there in early July, before they were finished, and wondered what they were. I wonder how long the price will stay at $250. Weren't the cabanas in that range originally? I know they were much less than they are now.
Yes, the cabanas were $200 at Coco Cay and $225 to $295 at Labadee.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Central Illinois
115,445 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Very jealous, Nachi will be an excellent day!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
North West NJ
4,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by clarea
Very jealous, Nachi will be an excellent day!
We were thinking of going here for our 2018 cruise. We usually go to Doc Caves, but wanted to try something different. Is it as good as everyone claims?