Nice beach

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:24 AM.
massachusetts
58 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Thanks for the information on Vigie Beach. I was trying to figure out what to do on St. Lucia. I've been there a couple of times and have taken a tour of the island and been to the market place. This time I will have my daughter and granddaughter with me. I was considering Pigeon Island but would rather spend the time and money at the beach than in a cab. It seems walkable, but I wouldn't walk with a nine year old carrying towels and stuff so I assume a taxi would be fairly reasonable. Then maybe after we've had our fill of the beach we will have a cab bring us to the market place, where I know it's an easy walk back to the ship. We will be on the carnival fascination on January 12.
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,440 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by awtorrey
Thanks for the information on Vigie Beach. I was trying to figure out what to do on St. Lucia. I've been there a couple of times and have taken a tour of the island and been to the market place. This time I will have my daughter and granddaughter with me. I was considering Pigeon Island but would rather spend the time and money at the beach than in a cab. It seems walkable, but I wouldn't walk with a nine year old carrying towels and stuff so I assume a taxi would be fairly reasonable. Then maybe after we've had our fill of the beach we will have a cab bring us to the market place, where I know it's an easy walk back to the ship. We will be on the carnival fascination on January 12.
Cabs are readily available at the port. And should be approximately $10-12us one way to Vigie Beach.
The new boardwalk is lovely a great addition to the area. I'm sure you'll enjoy. The beach itself had always been beautiful with calm swimming waters, loads of shade, long long stretch of beach.
Taxis seemed quite avaluable to take you back - you're also right across from the airport, so easy to grab a taxi there also.
Enjoy.
st lucia
62 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by awtorrey
im so plz awtorrey, i look forward to seeing you and the family in the new year.

best regards
castro1n3
massachusetts
58 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Thank you reedprincess and castro1n3, I really appreciate your tips and help. Each island has its beauty and charm and we are only there for a short time, it's hard to decide what to do. I will look for you on the beach in a few weeks castro1n3.
st lucia
62 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by Life is great
We are group of 6 cold Canadians coming in February. Is there any snorkelling at Vigie Beach? We have snorkelled at the Pitons and it was awesome there.
there is not much to see down there as the water is not as clear as the park down at anse chastanet. but there a few divers that go out to fish every morning i can maybe arrange for you to go with them maybe catch some fish... but let me get back to you with a spot to snorkel in the area.

best regards
castro1n3
2,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by castro1n3
reedprincess bless up, yes i had to stand out. but thank you so much for just mentioning it. im personally there on saturday n sundays.
ARe there lots of waves or is Vigil beach calm ? Is there a big drop off to get in the water?
Taxi price from both ports? We will be there in February.
Thanks Ontario Cruiser
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,440 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Ontario Cruiser
ARe there lots of waves or is Vigil beach calm ? Is there a big drop off to get in the water?
Taxi price from both ports? We will be there in February.
Thanks Ontario Cruiser
Vigie is generally quite calm as its a protected, although large, bay. Not a big drop off when getting in/out, it's a fairly gentle slope...
Much, of course, depends on Sea conditions at the time, and recent sea conditions as the bottom can change if it's been rough, etc.
But in general, great swimming beach....
Enkoy.
Merrimack New Hampshire
2,927 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Is Vigie Beach closer to Castries Harbor or Soufriere Bay?

Are there chairs and umbrellas to rent?

Some folks have commented that vendors at Reduit Beach are the most aggressive that they have ever seen. I don't mind saying "no" to folks, but not every couple of minutes. What are the vendors like at Vigie Beach?
st lucia
62 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by tip
Is Vigie Beach closer to Castries Harbor or Soufriere Bay?

Are there chairs and umbrellas to rent?

Some folks have commented that vendors at Reduit Beach are the most aggressive that they have ever seen. I don't mind saying "no" to folks, but not every couple of minutes. What are the vendors like at Vigie Beach?
vigie is closer to castries, it is in castries. and there are only 2 beach chair vendors currently and 6 kitchen booths with drinks etc. wash room and shower facility as well.
Merrimack New Hampshire
2,927 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
vigie is closer to castries, it is in castries. and there are only 2 beach chair vendors currently and 6 kitchen booths with drinks etc. wash room and shower facility as well.
Thank you my friend. It looks as though after several false starts, that we have found something that meets our needs. We shall be there on a Saturday and shall have to look you up. What do you sell or service do you provide at the beach?
st lucia
62 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by tip
Thank you my friend. It looks as though after several false starts, that we have found something that meets our needs. We shall be there on a Saturday and shall have to look you up. What do you sell or service do you provide at the beach?
oh yea sure im always there on a saturday. photo attached below

Iowa
3,304 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Do you have walking directions to Vigie Beach?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Royal - Majesty of the Seas - June 1998
Royal - Enchantment of the Seas - April 2003
NCL - Norwegian Sea - May 2005
Carnival -Glory - September 2007
Carnival - Victory - November 2008
Royal - Mariner of the Seas - April 2009
Carnival - Valor - January 2010
Carnival - Miracle - December 2010
Carnival - Magic - September 2011
Carnival - Liberty - December 2012
Carnival - Breeze - December 2012
Celebrity - Century - April 2013
Carnival - Freedom - October 2013
Celebrity - Summit November and December 2014 (B2B)
Celebrity - Equinox -March 2015
Celebrity - Summitt- December 2015
Celebrity - Silhouette - February 2016
Celebrity - Eclipse - March 2017

st lucia
62 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by stunned
Do you have walking directions to Vigie Beach?
no sorry there are none, but maybe printing out this will help...

were right across the air strip.
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,440 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
no sorry there are none, but maybe printing out this will help...

were right across the air strip.
Walking directions have been spelled out in many precious posts about Vigie Beach, a quick search will bring then up. Essentially, hang a left out of the cruise port, follow the highway to the airstrip, turn right to end of airstrip, cross over and walk back down along the beach..
166 Posts
Joined Sep 2001
Hi castro1n3,
Thank you for sharing the update on improvements made to Vigie Beach! We will walk from the Princess ship dock to Vigie Beach. Will venues be open at 9 am? Where do I find beach chairs and umbrellas for rent and what is the cost?
Thank you for your help!!
Geri
st lucia
62 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by geri
Hi castro1n3,
Thank you for sharing the update on improvements made to Vigie Beach! We will walk from the Princess ship dock to Vigie Beach. Will venues be open at 9 am? Where do I find beach chairs and umbrellas for rent and what is the cost?
Thank you for your help!!
Geri

the booths should be opened by 9am and i am one of two beach chair vendors down there: the chairs with the white straps. umbrellas are not really necessary cause of the shade a breeze. the cost of the chairs are 10us a pair no added cost for umbrellas. thanks for considering and looking forward to having you.... even more on the weekend cause, then im there. till then my best regards.
2,837 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
We will be on the Grandeur Feb 20th and looking forward to going to this beach. We will probably dock on the far side. Do you know what taxis will charge from there. I am sure it will be more. OntarioCruiser
st lucia
62 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by Ontario Cruiser
We will be on the Grandeur Feb 20th and looking forward to going to this beach. We will probably dock on the far side. Do you know what taxis will charge from there. I am sure it will be more. OntarioCruiser
the taxi trip is 10us one way to vigie beach.

best regards
castro