MSC Drink Vouchers Explained

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:30 PM.
Austin, TX
86 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Hey Everyone,
Before we went on the Divina, we were kind of confused about the drink voucher program and how it worked. Basically, they give you a little coupon book of the 18 vouchers and you give one to the bartender every time you want a drink. 90% of the drinks are under $8 (the vouchers are for an $8 dollar value). It does NOT include the special drinks that include the take home souvenir glass, even though they were under the 8 dollar mark.
We saved quite a bit of money and recommend doing this. We found out from one of the waitresses that we can in fact use our unused vouchers on our next cruise!
You can watch our new YouTube video explaining the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDiYN-HkLw

Hope this clears things up! If you have any questions, please ask!
Albany, NY
453 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by jimmymed3
Hey Everyone,
Before we went on the Divina, we were kind of confused about the drink voucher program and how it worked. Basically, they give you a little coupon book of the 18 vouchers and you give one to the bartender every time you want a drink. 90% of the drinks are under $8 (the vouchers are for an $8 dollar value). It does NOT include the special drinks that include the take home souvenir glass, even though they were under the 8 dollar mark.
We saved quite a bit of money and recommend doing this. We found out from one of the waitresses that we can in fact use our unused vouchers on our next cruise!

Awesome Possum! You are the best!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NC - South East Coast
2,937 Posts
Joined Oct 2001
Thanks for the info

Would be great to see pictures of the Bar menus - showing drinks and prices
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Debbie
y deb y at aol dot com

UPCOMING CRUISES
April 9, 2017 - RCCL Anthem of the Seas
Summer 2017 - Norwegian Getaway & Norwegian Jade
Jan 20, 2018 - RCCL Harmony of the Seas
March 2018 - MSC Seaside (Yacht Club)

PAST CRUISES:
NORWEGIAN (NCL): 2/2017 Epic ,12/2016 Pearl (11nt Panama Canal), 10/2016 Getaway (Haven Suite), 9/2016 Escape, 10/2015 Escape (10 day TA), 4/2015 Pearl (21 day Panama Canal), 1/2015 Getaway, 1st Suite!, 12/2013 Pearl, 10/2013 Epic (West Med & TA, 24 days), 5/2013 (Pac Coast & AK), 2/2013 Sun, 11/2012 Epic, 7/2012 Star, 2/2012 Epic, 4/2011 Dawn, 11/2010 EPIC ,4/2010 Dawn, 1/2010 Pearl, 11/2009 Spirit, 3/2009 Majesty, 9/2008 Sky, 1/2005 Sun, 1998-2001 Leeward (many, many times 10+), Mid 1990’s Seaward/Sea, Dreamward/Dream, 1993 NCL Norway,
CARNIVAL: 8/2016 Ecstasy, 9/2013 Victory, 10/2006 Imagination, 9/2000 Imagination, 10/1999 Ecstasy, 3/1999 Sensation, 7/1998 Carnival Destiny, 7/1997 Imagination, 3/1994 Jubilee, 7/1992 Carnival Fantasy, 4/1992 Carnivale
RCL: 5/2016 Allure of the Seas, 10/2014 Granduer of the Seas, 7/2010 Oasis Of The Seas, 11/2001 Monarch Of The Seas, 8/1994 Sovereign Of The Seas
OTHERS I’VE DONE: 2/2017 MSC DIVINA, 7/1999 Princess Grand (Grand Med), Celebrity Horizon, SS Independence (Hawaii Cruise), Dolphin Cruise Line (Seabreeze)
31 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by djmess
Thanks for the info

Would be great to see pictures of the Bar menus - showing drinks and prices
There is a bar menu in the forum, I was just looking at it Only a few threads before this one.
Austin, TX
86 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Sorry, Bummed we didn't take pics of the bar or dining room menus. I do remember seeing them on the forums here. One thing of note, they do have a couple different cocktails with stuff we don't see in the USA. I know ive seen it before but they had a drink with Aperol in it. It wasn't for me.
Ontario
136 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Cocktails and spirits with mixers up to $8, wine by the glass up to $7-50 and beer up to $5-50. Anything with a red asterisk in the bar menu is off limits. We're you able to get premium beers with a voucher? As they are less than $8 but more than $5-50.
Austin, TX
86 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Hi! I honestly don't remember if we could because I had mixed drinks the whole*time. I did,*however, get a Heineken one night at the buffet and was able*to use a drink voucher. Does that count as premium? I would think it would be. They also had Peroni on tap. I was trying to get more bank for my buck or I would have had a few more beers.
Ontario
136 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
I don't think any draft was off limits, I only had 2 beers, a draft Heineken and a bottled peroni, my wife had an angry orchard cider. All were covered by the voucher, from memory I think 80% of the bottled beers were covered. I'm sure Guinness wasn't covered, and I'm pretty sure Newky brown wasn't either. There were only 4 or 5 beers off limits.
Minneapolis, MN
658 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Is a tip included in the voucher or is that expected to be added?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Teri

Dolphin, Chandis, Regency, Renaissance, Celebrity, Oceania, MSC, Royal Caribbean (3), Holland America (2), Princess (4), Carnival (5), NCL (14)
Austin, TX
86 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Hi! The tip is included in the voucher. They will give you a receipt, but there is no place on it to leave an extra tip. They say tipping is not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Minneapolis, MN
658 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Awesome! This deal keeps getting better and better.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Teri

Dolphin, Chandis, Regency, Renaissance, Celebrity, Oceania, MSC, Royal Caribbean (3), Holland America (2), Princess (4), Carnival (5), NCL (14)
Austin, TX
86 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Ya, I thought it was pretty cool.
Although, if you want a not so secret tip. Pick a bar you like and go to that one for drinks. Give them a little extra the first time, like $5 cash, and they will pay attention to you that much more.

627 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Awesome picture!! Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Sea
Disney Magic
Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Jewel
Ontario
136 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
We found spending time to have a friendly chat with the table staff when things were quiet also paid dividends when it was busy.
Laval, Quebec, Canada
11 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Hey Everyone,

Thank you so much for the info.
We were given about 50 vouchers left from a friend who was on the Divina in december 2016!!! Can't wait to see if they will take them. Did you or someone you know tried to use old vouchers?
I will keep you posted.
We leave april 1st, for B2B cruises.
Marie
Austin, TX
86 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Whoa! What a gift! We had some vouchers left over that we were going to gift to a friend that was traveling a month later, but forgot. I actually asked a bartender if we could gift them and he said yes. However, they do ask for your room key each time you get a drink. I'm not sure if they do anything with that info or not. I mean, if we can use them again, they can see that we didn't pay for the vouchers on that particular cruise. I've read on here that it worked for other cruisers but really wanted to try it myself. Please let us know if it works!

Silicon Valley, CA
595 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
They don't care. They just staple the coupon to the receipt for 0 balance for you to sign. They don't match it to anything.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jan 2017 - MSC Splendida - Western Mediterranean
Jan 2016 - RCI Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean
August 2015 - Coral Expeditions II - Great Barrier Reef
August 2014 - Celebrity Xpedition - Galapagos
May 2011 - HAL Zaandam - Alaska
Early 2000's - Yangtze River cruise
Southern Ontario Canada
795 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Hey Everyone,

Just bought mine for my April 29th cruise. Ship looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Conquest 4-27-19 Southern Caribbean to Princess Cays Bahamas/Curacao/Aruba (8 Day)
Carnival Conquest 4-14-18 Eastern Caribbean to St. Maarten/St. Kitts/San Juan/Grand Turk (8 Day)
Carnival Vista 10-01-17 Western Caribbean to Ocho Rios/Grand Cayman/Cozumel (6 Day) Cabin 8430 Gold Card
MSC Divina 04-29-17 Eastern Caribbean to St Maarten/San Juan/Nassau (7 day) Cabin 11204
pic review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1#post53020440
Norwegian Escape 4-30-16 Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas/Tortola/Nassau (7 Day) Cabin 10247
Carnival Glory
4-18-15 Eastern Caribbean to Half Moon Cay/Grand Turk/San Juan/St. Thomas (7 Day) Cabin 7215
Carnival Conquest 1-12-14 Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman Island/Cozumel/Belize/Mahogany Bay Isla Roatan (7 Day) Cabin 7255 Red Card
Carnival Liberty 4-13-13 Eastern Caribbean to Half Moon Cay/St. Thomas/San Juan/Grand Turk (7 Day) Cabin 7227 (the one that started it all) Blue Card

Chicagoland
956 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
My traveling buddy refuses to upgrade to the drink package so I think I'll give these a try.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Magda
Carnival Victory 03/08/2009 - San Juan, Dominica, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Kitts & Barbados
Carnival Fascination 4/11/2011 - Key West & Nassau
Carnival Freedom 5/5/2012 - Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba & Curacao
Carnival Dream 5/11/13 - Belize, Honduras, Cozumel, Costa Maya
Disney Dream 01/09/14 - Nassau & Castaway Cay
Carnival Legend 07/05/16 - Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, & Victoria
MSC Fantasia 06/17/17 - Germany, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Estonia, & St. Petersburg