Labadee Dreamworks Photo Safari -dance party back on board?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:58 AM.
Toronto
81 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
I have the same question. I called RC to ask a few questions. The girl was not very helpful. If you find out, please let me know! When are you sailing? We are sailing in August.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival, Western Caribbean
Carnival, Panama
Celebrity Summit 2006, Hawaii
Disney Fantasy 2013, Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy 2015, Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Escape 2016,Western Caribbean
Royal Caribbean, Allure of the Seas 2017, Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean, Oasis of the Seas coming up this August!
Powell tn
55 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Sailing in May looking for info on this excursion also! Can't seem to locate much of anything.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
March 2018 RCCL Brilliance Western Caribbean
May 2018 RCCL Anthem Bermuda/Caribbean
October 2018 RCCL Harmony

Past Cruises:
10/2017 Disney Dream Bahamas
7/2017 RCCL Empress Cuba
5/2017 RCCL Oasis Eastern Caribbean
3/2017 RCCL Freedom Western Caribbean
10/2016 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Thanks to Matthew)
5/2016 RCCL Allure Eastern Caribbean
3/2016 RCCL Jewel Southern Caribbean
7/2015 RCCL Oasis Western Caribbean
3/2015 RCCL Serenade Western Caribbean
3/2014 RCCL Serenade Western Caribbean
3/2013 RCCL Monarch Bahamas
10/2008 RCCL Voyager Mediterranean
10/2006 Carnival Fantasy Bahamas
3/2006 Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean
5/2004 Cunard QE2 British Isles
6/2003 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean
6/2002 NCL Star Hawaiian Islands
9/2000 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean
3/1999 Carnival Inspiration Southern Caribbean
6/1997 NCL Norway Eastern Caribbean
3/1995 Western Caribbean
3/1994 Western Caribbean
5/1993 Dolphin Ocean Breeze Southern Caribbean
1989 Commodore Caribe 1 Western Caribbean
1987 NCL Eastern Caribbean
Kansas
3 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
I have been searching everywhere for information on this excursion for my girls. If anyone hears anything before March please post it. If not I will for sure post pictures and let everyone know if it is worth the money or not. I wish they had more information on excursions for kids. I am going on the March 19th cruise on the Allure of the Seas for 7 nights. This is our first cruise so I am hoping we will enjoy it. My husband wanted to just go to Florida again, but I changed it to a cruise. Hopefully I don't feel like fool afterwards.... Will post as soon as I am back.
Lexington, KY
25 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
My sister, niece and nephew are doing this the first week of March. It says it includes the aqua park, does anyone know if this is after the 3 hour tour time or during? We'd like to join in on the aqua park with them but aren't doing the photo safari so didn't know what time to book. Also, I'll report back after our cruise with some of the info asked here already.
San Antonio
259 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
The price is $0.00 for adults and $39.00 for kids. I have a 5 and 2 yo and am sailing on the 11 March Harmony cruise. It says there's a minimum 48" height requirement and minimum age of 4 years. The restriction doesn't make sense because why would there be a restriction to take pictures and walk? Also, the water park has only a 48" height requirement if the child is not accompanied by an adult. Since the adult is free does that mean my wife and I can do the waterpark with our 2yo free of charge and only pay the $39.00 for my 5yo or does that mean I have to purchase water park admission at $19.75 for my wife and I (2yo should be free regardless) and if so, how do you match up times? RCCL hasn't been of any use like has been reported here and my wife and I would love to book this for my 5yo because she'd love it but I don't have enough information to book
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

SAILING
July 16th, 2017 (Allure of the Seas--7 night Eastern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale) 1st Eastern on RCCL!
October 28th, 2018 (Symphony of the Seas--12 night Transatlantic out of Barcelona) 1st Transatlantic! DIAMOND!
March 9th, 2019 (Symphony of the Seas--7 night Western Caribbean out of Miami)

SAILED
March 11th, 2017 (Harmony of the Seas--7 night Western Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale)
July 17th, 2016 (Liberty of the Seas--7 night Western Caribbean out of Galveston) EMERALD!
June 19th, 2016 (Liberty of the Seas--7 night Western Caribbean out of Galveston) PLATINUM!
June 21st, 2015 (Navigator of the Seas--7 night Western Caribbean out of Galveston)
June 8th, 2013 (Oasis of the Seas--7 night Western Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale)
July 21st, 2012 (Oasis of the Seas--7 night Western Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale)
November 21st, 2010 (Ruby Princess--7 night Eastern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale)
June 29th, 2009 (Caribbean Princess--9 night Eastern Caribbean out of New York)

Waterloo, ON
11 Posts
Joined May 2007
Hi all, I just returned from our sailing on the Oasis last week. We were in Labadee one week ago, today. I scoured the internet looking for details and info about this excursion, before we left. So I vowed to be helpful to others to provide some info about our experience.

I have two boys - 4 and 6 years old. The littlest one is just shy of 4ft (about 46 inches) but we signed up anyways. The height restriction is for the aquapark, but no one is walking around with a tape measure, and there isn't even one of those measuring sticks in sight. We arrived in port at 9am, our excursion started at 10am in Dazzles. Each kid was given a Troll bracelet, and a treasure map. They explained a little, and then we headed off the ship as a group. The safari basically takes you from the pier, to the aquapark, winding your way along and catching stops at 4 Dreamworks character statues. Note: there are NO live, real-person characters on the safari. Don't tell your kids they will meet characters. They will cry and be disappointed. (lesson learned). These statues are fully public and out in the open, so even if you didn't do this excursion, your kids would still be able to take pictures with them. Along the way the Adventure Ocean staff have them stop and do "challenges" like "do a funny dance", "tell a joke", "act like Alex the Lion" and then they earn stickers. You arrive at the Aquapark close to 11am, and parents sign waivers. All kids get a wristband for the Aquapark from 11am to noon. Adults don't need a wristband and can accompany kids into the aquapark. My boys and my husband had a great time playing for the hour. Then you enjoy the rest of your day on Labadee. All aboard is at 4pm. At 4pm, back in Dazzles, there is a dance party. Families arrive, check in and the kids are given a Trolls- themed gift. Each of my boys got a Trolls Art kit and activity book - markers, paints, stickers, etc. I think I read somewhere before I left that it was a backpack, so it may just be any Trolls-related merchandise. Keep this in mind, if you are packing tightly, or have multiple kids. Because now I had to bring two Trolls Art kits home!!! There are balloons, free cupcakes, and fruit punch drinks. A DJ plays and the AO staff get everyone up dancing. Then Poppy and Branch (the real-person-inside) arrive and dance with the kids. They have an opportunity to take pictures with each child - both with the ship's photographer and your own camera. All told the dance party is less than an hour. We had dinner at 5:30 and I remember going back to the cabin to change beforehand.
Bottom Line: the Photo Safari is nothing spectacular. You can visit each of the statues on your own and take pictures on Labadee. The Trolls bracelet and art kit were nice - probably something I wouldn't buy the kids myself, but they sure loved them. The little one wear the bracelet each day. The aquapark was awesome and the kids (and my husband) loved it. The real perk is the (short) private dance party with Branch and Poppy. They appeared twice otherwise during our sailing - once was smack in the middle of dinner and once was at 8:40 (too late for the little one to stay up). Plus, if you are just going to sit at the beach all day with two very active little boys, then for me it was nice to have something focused to fill up that first hour of the day.
I do hope that helps someone a little. Enjoy your upcoming sailings. I will try to pop back into this thread in a couple of days to answer any more questions from my experience.
Kansas
3 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Thank you so much for the information. I was not aware that we would not see the characters on the safari. It does make it sound like you will. I am glad you told me this so I could tell my 8 year old twins so they were not expecting it. I am glad that Poppy and Branch will be at the party. If they were not going to be there at all I would have cancelled my reservations. Again thank you for all the information it does help a ton.
Powell tn
55 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Thanks so much for taking the time to post. Very helpful much more so than RCCL
I too thought based on the description there would be Troll characters on the island. It sounds like it is worth it though!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
March 2018 RCCL Brilliance Western Caribbean
May 2018 RCCL Anthem Bermuda/Caribbean
October 2018 RCCL Harmony

Past Cruises:
10/2017 Disney Dream Bahamas
7/2017 RCCL Empress Cuba
5/2017 RCCL Oasis Eastern Caribbean
3/2017 RCCL Freedom Western Caribbean
10/2016 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Thanks to Matthew)
5/2016 RCCL Allure Eastern Caribbean
3/2016 RCCL Jewel Southern Caribbean
7/2015 RCCL Oasis Western Caribbean
3/2015 RCCL Serenade Western Caribbean
3/2014 RCCL Serenade Western Caribbean
3/2013 RCCL Monarch Bahamas
10/2008 RCCL Voyager Mediterranean
10/2006 Carnival Fantasy Bahamas
3/2006 Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean
5/2004 Cunard QE2 British Isles
6/2003 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean
6/2002 NCL Star Hawaiian Islands
9/2000 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean
3/1999 Carnival Inspiration Southern Caribbean
6/1997 NCL Norway Eastern Caribbean
3/1995 Western Caribbean
3/1994 Western Caribbean
5/1993 Dolphin Ocean Breeze Southern Caribbean
1989 Commodore Caribe 1 Western Caribbean
1987 NCL Eastern Caribbean
Kansas
3 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
I agree that for the kids it will be well worth it. I am just glad they do not charge the parents to walk along with the kids. If that was the case I am not sure I would have paid for 3 extra adults to go along that don't really need a troll backpack full of goodies. Either way "Hair we Go"!!!
12 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Thank you for such a great review! I was curious if all the parents can go on the waterslides with the kids and it sounds like they can.

[quote=marcthemd;52361000]Hi all, I just returned from our sailing on the Oasis last week. We were in Labadee one week ago, today. I scoured the internet looking for details and info about this excursion, before we left. So I vowed to be helpful to others to provide some info about our experience.

I have two boys - 4 and 6 years old. The littlest one is just shy of 4ft (about 46 inches) but we signed up anyways. The height restriction is for the aquapark, but no one is walking around with a tape measure, and there isn't even one of those measuring sticks in sight. We arrived in port at 9am, our excursion started at 10am in Dazzles. Each kid was given a Troll bracelet, and a treasure map. They explained a little, and then we headed off the ship as a group. The safari basically takes you from the pier, to the aquapark, winding your way along and catching stops at 4 Dreamworks character statues. Note: there are NO live, real-person characters on the safari. Don't tell your kids they will meet characters. They will cry and be disappointed. (lesson learned). These statues are fully public and out in the open, so even if you didn't do this excursion, your kids would still be able to take pictures with them. Along the way the Adventure Ocean staff have them stop and do "challenges" like "do a funny dance", "tell a joke", "act like Alex the Lion" and then they earn stickers. You arrive at the Aquapark close to 11am, and parents sign waivers. All kids get a wristband for the Aquapark from 11am to noon. Adults don't need a wristband and can accompany kids into the aquapark. My boys and my husband had a great time playing for the hour. Then you enjoy the rest of your day on Labadee. All aboard is at 4pm. At 4pm, back in Dazzles, there is a dance party. Families arrive, check in and the kids are given a Trolls- themed gift. Each of my boys got a Trolls Art kit and activity book - markers, paints, stickers, etc. I think I read somewhere before I left that it was a backpack, so it may just be any Trolls-related merchandise. Keep this in mind, if you are packing tightly, or have multiple kids. Because now I had to bring two Trolls Art kits home!!! There are balloons, free cupcakes, and fruit punch drinks. A DJ plays and the AO staff get everyone up dancing. Then Poppy and Branch (the real-person-inside) arrive and dance with the kids. They have an opportunity to take pictures with each child - both with the ship's photographer and your own camera. All told the dance party is less than an hour. We had dinner at 5:30 and I remember going back to the cabin to change beforehand.
Bottom Line: the Photo Safari is nothing spectacular. You can visit each of the statues on your own and take pictures on Labadee. The Trolls bracelet and art kit were nice - probably something I wouldn't buy the kids myself, but they sure loved them. The little one wear the bracelet each day. The aquapark was awesome and the kids (and my husband) loved it. The real perk is the (short) private dance party with Branch and Poppy. They appeared twice otherwise during our sailing - once was smack in the middle of dinner and once was at 8:40 (too late for the little one to stay up). Plus, if you are just going to sit at the beach all day with two very active little boys, then for me it was nice to have something focused to fill up that first hour of the day.
I do hope that helps someone a little. Enjoy your upcoming sailings. I will try to pop back into this thread in a couple of days to answer any more questions from my experience.[/quot
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
So could myself, my husband and my 2 year old accompany my 6 year old on the safari and then join her in the aqua park without having to purchase tickets for myself and my husband as well? I'm trying to book the safari and the aqua park through RC's website but I feel like I'm missing so much info, I don't want to purchase aqua park tickets for me and hubby if we can just accompany her in there for the hour
Lexington, KY
25 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
My sister did the safari today. Both her and her husband were able to get into the arawak water park with the kids since they signed up for the safari with the kids. The adult tickets were $0 when they signed up. They said the actual safari wasn't that fun, but they enjoyed the water park. The tickets they got for the water park were at noon and all the safari people went into the water park at the same time. They had to get back on the boat an hour early for the party and Poppy and Branch only stayed for about 30 minutes. Maybe slightly less time. Some people showed up at 430ish and missed them. They got this at the party to take home. https://www.amazon.com/Dreamworks-Tr.../dp/B01MG8CYQT
San Antonio,Tx
27 Posts
Joined May 2012
So I am wondering if you need to have smaller kids to sign up for this.It is allowing me to book for myself and 2 teens free of charge.But not sure once we get there they will let us participate.
Cincinnati
2,012 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Question for those who have done this. Is the Aqua Park blocked off for just this excursion or do you mix in with the others that booked just the aqua park for this time slot? How crowded was it? We usually do the Aqua Park first thing in the morning when it isn't crowded, seems like this one would get there right at high time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future:
NCL Getaway - Nov 2017
Carnival Conquest - March 2018 (first leg of B2B)
Carnival Conquest - March 2018 (second leg of B2B)
Coral Princess - July 2018

MSC Preziosa - March 2019

Sailed:

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - April 2017 - Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - April 2017 - Labadee, Jamaica, Cozumel
Carnival Vista - Dec 2016 - Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan
NCL Escape - Dec 2016 - St Thomas, Tortola, Nassau
NCL Breakaway - May 2016 - Bermuda, Bermuda, and Bermuda...
Carnival Glory - Feb 2016 - St. Croix, St. Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao
NCL Pride of America - Nov 2015 - Maui, Hilo, Kona, Kauai
Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas - June 2015 - Bermuda, St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee
Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas - Dec 2014 - Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Disney Fantasy - Mar 2014 - Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Castaway Cay
Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas - Dec 2013 - Labadee, Jamaica, Cozumel
Carnival Fantasy - Aug 2013 - Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
Disney Magic - Jan 2013 - Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Valor - Mar 2012 - St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau
Carnival Spirit - Feb 2012 - Ensenada, Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Manzinillo
Carnival Victory - Apr 2011 - San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten
Carnival Sensation - Mar 2011 - Freeport, Nassau
Carnival Victory - Feb 2010 - San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten
Norwegian Spirit - March 2009 - Costa Maya, Guatemala, Belize City, Cozumel
Clearwater, FL, USA
224 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Nothing to see, sorry.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCI Oasis~E Carib 04/17
CCL Sensation~Bahamas 06/15
CCL Freedom~W Carib 11/14
RCI Allure~E Carib 11/13
RCI Monarch~Bahamas 09/11