Labadee - Bungalows vs. Cabanas

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:26 AM.
PA
1,036 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
A few years ago we rented a cabana at Labadee - we had a great experience. This year we will be renting a bungalow - mainly due to new pricing - cabanas now double the price of a few years ago, and bungalows the price of what a cabana once was. I am interested in someone who has experienced both - will we be at all disappointed in the bungalow vs. the cabana? What was your opinion of the bungalow - and any suggestions on tipping - per drink or just an amount at end of day? Thanks for any information.
Central Illinois
115,779 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Recent threads on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2486271

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2481282

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2461623
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Fredericksburg, va. USA
84,358 Posts
Joined May 2001
If you are simply looking for a "home base", then the bungalow will be fine. As far as tipping goes, I'd extend a tip at the end of the day, for services rendered.
Long Island, New York
486 Posts
Joined May 2013
My understanding is that the food offered in the cabana now is the same as the regular buffet, not anything "deluxe." Correct?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Don't forget to join you cruise's mix and mingle.

Grandeur of the Seas - May, 2013
Jewel of the Seas - September, 2016 Western Med
(Review - boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2402404&highlight=Jewel)
Jewel of the Seas - February, 2017 Southern Caribbean
(Review - boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.pht?t=2465977)
Empress of he Seas - August, 2017 Key West/Cuba
(Review - boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2543838)
Oasis of the Seas - February, 2018 Western Caribbean
Long Island, New York
486 Posts
Joined May 2013
Sorry, meant to say food at the bungalows is no longer deluxe.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Michigan
1,101 Posts
Joined May 2001
We were there early this month. Had 2 bungalows for 16 people. We all loved it. I had cabanas over the water and while it was nice I would do the bungalows over cabanas in a heart beat. Service was awesome. We tipped at the end of the day. The buffet is close by . The ocean is right there and they do not allow anyone in the area that doesn't belong. Cabanas at Nellies also just get the buffet. We loved it so much I just booked 2 for next year when we go on the Allure.
Long Island, NY
96 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
It doesn't seem like you can rent these online, as it says not available online....I see they have those beach loungers for two..has anyone used those?? Can they also be rented once aboard or must I rent them online?? Thanks
5,925 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
I am on Oasis next August 2018 and do not see cabanas or bungalows even offered. I check every day as I want to make sure we get one. Im just in an OV Balcony so no concierge. Wasnt aware of bungalows being offered we onky have experience with over he water, but want something a little easier for my mom to get in/out of the water. Do I stand a shot of securing one or do they sell out immediately?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

SW PA
154 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Originally posted by js
I am on Oasis next August 2018 and do not see cabanas or bungalows even offered. I check every day as I want to make sure we get one. Im just in an OV Balcony so no concierge. Wasnt aware of bungalows being offered we onky have experience with over he water, but want something a little easier for my mom to get in/out of the water. Do I stand a shot of securing one or do they sell out immediately?

Thanks.

Cabanas are allocated to suite and Pinnacle guests then to Diamond Plus. On our last Oasis cruise there were a lot of Pinnacle and suite guests who rent them so there were none left for DP.
Michigan
1,101 Posts
Joined May 2001
I was able to rent to bungalows online 2 days ago and pay for them this is for Allure cruise next April.. As far as the cabanas it shows I can rent those also except for the cabanas on Barefoot Beach those are strictly for grand suites and above only. So maybe if you don't see them available your cruise might be to far out .
Long Island, New York
486 Posts
Joined May 2013
Originally posted by coops
I was able to rent to bungalows online 2 days ago and pay for them this is for Allure cruise next April.. As far as the cabanas it shows I can rent those also except for the cabanas on Barefoot Beach those are strictly for grand suites and above only. So maybe if you don't see them available your cruise might be to far out .
I too was able to rent a bungalow for our February 2018 Oasis cruise yesterday. All the posters on this thread made it sound so good, I had to book before they were all gone. I noticed that, on he shore excursions page for the bungalow, there was a note that the area is not private. Meaning?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Central Illinois
115,779 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by starrcards
I too was able to rent a bungalow for our February 2018 Oasis cruise yesterday. All the posters on this thread made it sound so good, I had to book before they were all gone. I noticed that, on he shore excursions page for the bungalow, there was a note that the area is not private. Meaning?
The area around the bungalows is also open to people who have not rented bungalows.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Long Island, New York
486 Posts
Joined May 2013
Thanks Bob. I guess access to the bungalow area is not as tightly controlled as the cabanas.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Michigan
1,101 Posts
Joined May 2001
When we were there , they would not let people in the area. They could swim but to walk around the area they would run down and tell them it is private. That is our experience in early April.
Oklahoma City
11,079 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
What are bungalows? We were at Barefoot Beach on Labadee in Feb. and I did not see any additional buildings, thank goodness! There are too many cabanas there already as far as I am concerned.
Southern California by way of Kentucky
19,621 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
No Bungalows on my last visit to Labadee...anyone have pictures of these and where exactly are they?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
October 2017 Anthem: March 2017 RCI Harmony: May 2016 RCI Adventure B2B: September 2015 RCI Radiance: March 2015 RCI Mariner: Oct 2014 RCI Jewel: May 2014 RCI Radiance: Oct 2013 RCI Oasis: May 2013 RCI Radiance: Feb 2012 PCL Sapphire: Aug 2011 RCI Liberty: Mar 2011 RCI Liberty: Aug 2010 RCI Jewel: Mar 2010 RCI Independance: May 2009 RCI Radiance: Jan 2009 RCI Independance: Oct 2007 RCI Vision: Oct 2006 RCI Vision: Oct 2005 RCI Vision: Oct 2004 RCI Vision: Aug 1997 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1995 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1994 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1985 Azure: June 1984 Azure:
Orlando, FL
763 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
We've rented a Cabana in the past and a Bungalow more recently (like others due to pricing). To us, we did not see a big difference and even had our same server from when we were in the Cabana help during our time in the bungalow! Location is a little far out, that's the only negative I can think of.
5,925 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Thank you all. I just double checked and still do not see any bungalow or cabana options for August 2018. When you say the location is a little far away for a bungalow do you mean they are still on a beach? Being further out and a little far away is even better and away from crowds. Thanks all.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CT, but sometimes Orlando
886 Posts
Joined Aug 2001
Originally posted by Ashland
No Bungalows on my last visit to Labadee...anyone have pictures of these and where exactly are they?
I don't have any pictures, but the bungalows are located at Columbus Cove --- at the far end. They were an option on our Oasis cruise two weeks ago, but we chose a beach bed on Adrenaline Beach, since there were only 2 of us, and they are cheaper. Great access to the new floating bar......

mac_tlc
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Imagination 2/00 , Carnival Elation 7/01 , Carnival Triumph 6/02 , Carnival Legend 7/03

Disney Magic 8/00 , 11/01 , 11/03

Majesty of the Seas 4/01 , Explorer of the Seas 8/02, Navigator of the Seas 2/03,
Mariner of the Seas 2/04, 2/06, 8/06, 8/07 , Voyager of the Seas 10/04 , Vision of the Seas 7/06
Legend of the Seas 8/08, Allure of the Seas 11/10 , Radiance of the Seas 2/11,
Oasis of the Seas 8/11, 4/17, 8/17 , Brilliance of the Seas 3/14 , Freedom of the Seas 8/14, 8/15, 8/16

Celebrity Millennium 2/05 , Celebrity Solstice 4/10, 8/10

191 days at Sea
Next up
Oasis of the Seas - 1/18 , 8/18
Brilliance of the Seas TA - 9/18
Serenade of the Seas Reposition - 10/18
Symphony of the Seas - 1/19
Celebrity Edge - 4/19