Got Questions About MSC Meraviglia?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:27 PM.
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Alex852
I would like to ask about the Cirque du Soleil show.

According to photos and video on the web, the Carousel Lounge have seatings between the dining area and the stage. Just wonder is this the area for those who booked the show + cocktail package? Do they seat in front of those with dining experience? Thanks a lot!
I noticed that, too. You'd think that the dinner & show seating would be nearer the front.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea
'Would I could set sail upon the water'.

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Magnifica Sept/Oct 2017

MSC Meraviglia June 2017 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Nov 2016 (b2b)
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
Celebrity Millennium Jan 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Preziosa Mar 2015 (TA)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa Aug 2014 (YC)
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Splendida Feb 2012 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept 2000
London
93 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by kikki21
Hi Gina

We are boarding next month!
If you can take some pics of any of the suites with an angled balcony with the hot tub on the front of the ship that would be amazing.
Also pics of the thermal spa area and info on the spa. I have heard that there are some unusual features like an ice waterfall and any pics of menus would be great!
Thanking you in advance!
Hi
this is Adam, Gina's colleague. I was also onboard and tried out the Aurea Spa – it was incredible. You are right – it has an ice room (which I'm sorry I did not take a pic of); 2 Thalassotherapy pools, two saunas, two steam rooms, a salt room, a Mediterranean room, relaxation room and walk-through shower. There were no prices available on our sailing, but I'm back on later this month and will definitely be using the spa again!
Also attaching the duplex suite which is at the aft and has the hot tub on the balcony/verandah.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Adam Coulter
Senior Editor
Cruise Critic UK
[email protected]
www.cruisecritic.co.uk
Nottingham, England
2,143 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by Adam Coulter
Hi
this is Adam, Gina's colleague. I was also onboard and tried out the Aurea Spa – it was incredible. You are right – it has an ice room (which I'm sorry I did not take a pic of); 2 Thalassotherapy pools, two saunas, two steam rooms, a salt room, a Mediterranean room, relaxation room and walk-through shower. There were no prices available on our sailing, but I'm back on later this month and will definitely be using the spa again!
Also attaching the duplex suite which is at the aft and has the hot tub on the balcony/verandah.
Ah thanks Adam! I'm destined not to see pics of this room at the moment!
The spa sounds awesome, we have the Aurea experience so I can see us spending quite a bit of time in there. Are the 2 sauna & steam rooms the same or do they vary? I nearly booked a Duplex suite but couldn't sail in it with just 2 people so we were able to go for the suite with the angled balcony & hot tub at the front of the ship hence looking out for pics!
London
93 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
The spa sounds awesome, we have the Aurea experience so I can see us spending quite a bit of time in there. Are the 2 sauna & steam rooms the same or do they vary? I nearly booked a Duplex suite but couldn't sail in it with just 2 people so we were able to go for the suite with the angled balcony & hot tub at the front of the ship hence looking out for pics!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Adam Coulter
Senior Editor
Cruise Critic UK
[email protected]
www.cruisecritic.co.uk
London
93 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Hi
Hopefully you can see the images now (I posted one of the pools twice!).
So, in answer to your question – yes both steam rooms are different – one is light and the other is really dark, with very little light. Really atmospheric. Definitely my favourite.
I didn't see an angled suite with hot tub, I'm afraid, but throwing in a pic of the hot tub all the same!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Adam Coulter
Senior Editor
Cruise Critic UK
[email protected]
www.cruisecritic.co.uk
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
A couple of things spring to mind about this, Kikki.

1. I'm no psychologist, but, perhaps if you were to get to see a pic of the cabin, it could reduce - even slightly - the level of anticipation that you're experiencing at the moment.

2. It could be good to have one real surprise element to enjoy on embarkation. I find that now I've seen so much of the ship from videos, there isn't much unseen left.

As no-one, yet, appears to have posted that they'll be enjoying a similar cabin before you sail, it seems to me that it's unlikely you'll get any pictures on here beforehand. Perhaps on youtube?

Anyway, that's my tuppence ha'penny worth!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Nottingham, England
2,143 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Lol cheers thanks Adam!
I guess the hot tub will be the same on the angled balcony. I just wanted to see how large the balcony is as it looks huge on the deck plan!
Nice spa pics - really like that everything is different, my fiance is going to be in heaven - going to have lots of brownie points from him!
Gloucester UK
167 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
There is definitely a video of the duplex aurea suite on YT. I'd guess colour scheme etc would be similar to the other Aurea suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
London
93 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Hi I'm not sure how the YC cabanas will be allocated (but I can find that out for you on my sailing in June), but here are some lovely images of the YC!
Adam
I'm embedding these images for you as they are too small as an attachment.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Adam Coulter
Senior Editor
Cruise Critic UK
[email protected]
www.cruisecritic.co.uk
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Hi Adam. Will you be hosting anything CC related when you're onboard? I ask because we're boarding on June 16th, 2 days before you, so will be on at the same time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Nottingham, England
2,143 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by Beamafar
A couple of things spring to mind about this, Kikki.

1. I'm no psychologist, but, perhaps if you were to get to see a pic of the cabin, it could reduce - even slightly - the level of anticipation that you're experiencing at the moment.

2. It could be good to have one real surprise element to enjoy on embarkation. I find that now I've seen so much of the ship from videos, there isn't much unseen left.

As no-one, yet, appears to have posted that they'll be enjoying a similar cabin before you sail, it seems to me that it's unlikely you'll get any pictures on here beforehand. Perhaps on youtube?

Anyway, that's my tuppence ha'penny worth!
It's honestly not a biggie Bea!
If I see it that's great, if not then I will see it soon enough!
Time to check out YouTube though lol!
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Skier52
Sorry to have to burst your happiness bubble but you've been given duff info.
Cirque shows are NOT included in the cruise fare and are an added cost item.
Pete
I've just been reading through the info on the app. The Carousel Lounge page also states what you've posted:

"Please note that performances are not included in the price of your cruise, and that beverage packages are not permitted during the Cirque du Soleil experience".

Does that mean that if you want water/wine/beer with dinner you'll have to pay? Or, even, that they won't be served? (Doubtful - they'd have to provide liquids with a meal!).

I don't think this is going to go down too well. I'd been considering booking a second show with cocktails and having DH's one (which he wouldn't drink) and thought he could order a beer. That's put the kibosh on that!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
California, USA
2,115 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Question: how do you pronounce 'Meraviglia'? I thought it was 'mehr-ah-vig-lee-a' but some of the videos I have seen have people pronouncing it 'mehr-ah-veel-ya' or 'mehr-ah-vee-ah' (i.e. without the g sound).

Which is correct? How do the crew pronounce the name of the ship?
London
93 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Hi Adam. Will you be hosting anything CC related when you're onboard? I ask because we're boarding on June 16th, 2 days before you, so will be on at the same time.
That is a great idea! I need to check if there is a M&M, but either way, let's stay in touch and arrange to meet. Please email me direct at: [email protected]
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Adam Coulter
Senior Editor
Cruise Critic UK
[email protected]
www.cruisecritic.co.uk
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
That is a great idea! I need to check if there is a M&M, but either way, let's stay in touch and arrange to meet. Please email me direct at: [email protected]
I'd think it's highly unlikely there'll be an M&G, Alan. You only have to look at the roll calls and the Meraviglia threads to see how few CC members will be onboard in the next couple of weeks. I'll definitely email you in the next day or two, though.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Virginia, USA
130 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Anyone else excited about trying out The Himalayan Bridge on MSC Meraviglia - Ropes Course ???
https://youtu.be/ApyomiRSnLI

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Nova Scotia
28 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Question please... We will be boarding the MSC Meraviglia oj July 7th in Marseille. I have a question for anyone who has already cruised on it. I'm concerned I may have booked my flight too early out of Marseille when we disembark. Does anyone happen to know what time the ship docked? Also, f anyone got off in Marseille, what time were you able to leave? Thanks so much!
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
She's due to dock at 9am next Saturday, which will be her normal, routine time for docking in Marseille.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Nova Scotia
28 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
She's due to dock at 9am next Saturday, which will be her normal, routine time for docking in Marseille.
Thanks! It says 9:00 in itinerary, but was concerned it mat have run late. Glad to hear it was on time!
Sweden
2,292 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by lyndss
Question please... We will be boarding the MSC Meraviglia oj July 7th in Marseille. I have a question for anyone who has already cruised on it. I'm concerned I may have booked my flight too early out of Marseille when we disembark. Does anyone happen to know what time the ship docked? Also, f anyone got off in Marseille, what time were you able to leave? Thanks so much!
You mean July 8th, right?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked:
2019 MSC Divina, Caribbean, 11-nights, MSC Yacht Club deluxe suite (16027)

Completed:
2017 MSC Meraviglia, Mediterranean, 7-nights, MSC Yacht Club deluxe suite (15013)
2015 Norwegian Breakaway, Southern Caribbean, 12-nights, The Haven Penthouse (12706)
2012 Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean, 7-nights, The Haven Courtyard Penthouse (17002)
2011 Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean, 7-nights, The Haven Spa Suite (14145)
2009 Norwegian Jade, Ireland, 5-nights, Penthouse (8632)
2008 Norwegian Jewel, Transatlantic, 11-nights, Balcony (10034)
2006 Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean, 11-nights, Balcony (9576)
2004 Norwegian Wind, Hawaii, 11-nights, Superior Oceanview (0010)