Hiking Gros Piton

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:46 AM.
Lenexa, KS
639 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Hello,

Any thoughts on an excursion for hiking Gros Piton? We have used Spencer Abrose in the past, but his website states that that tour does not exist anymore.

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Going, Going:
Celebrity Summit 11/2017

Gone!
Azamara Quest 11/11/2016, Celebrity Summit 11/28/2015, Celebrity Summit 4/11/2015, Oasis of the Seas 6/7/2014, Disney Fantasy 5/4/2013, Oasis of the Seas 6/11/2011, HAL Eurodam 1/15/2011, Carnival Legend 9/26/2010, Liberty of the Seas 9/13/2008, Carnival Fantasy 9/3/2007, Majesty of the Seas 8/23/2006, Disney Magic 11/1/2004
9 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Originally posted by amunhbuu
Hello,

Any thoughts on an excursion for hiking Gros Piton? We have used Spencer Abrose in the past, but his website states that that tour does not exist anymore.

Thanks!

Hi amunhbuu !
Check out Zion Lion Farm. They would be glad to assist you which includes water taxi pickup at the port to Anse L'Ivrogne or Yakahu Bay where you can hike Gros Piton from sea level with friendly & knowledgeable guides.
You also have the option of grabbing breakfast or lunch & drinks at the Carib beach bar. Truly exceptional creations being served.
Send them an email [email protected]
Enjoy your stay !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Lenexa, KS
639 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Thanks!

Anyone else with any tips?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Going, Going:
Celebrity Summit 11/2017

Gone!
Azamara Quest 11/11/2016, Celebrity Summit 11/28/2015, Celebrity Summit 4/11/2015, Oasis of the Seas 6/7/2014, Disney Fantasy 5/4/2013, Oasis of the Seas 6/11/2011, HAL Eurodam 1/15/2011, Carnival Legend 9/26/2010, Liberty of the Seas 9/13/2008, Carnival Fantasy 9/3/2007, Majesty of the Seas 8/23/2006, Disney Magic 11/1/2004
nj
610 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
I just emailed Spencer as we had this booked for April. He said, yes, this is now not a tour anymore since he has had to send another boat to bring people back to the ship which was not cost effective. I noticed that Celebrity is not offering this as an excursion. I feel since I am already doing Mt. Liamuiga in St kitt, the next day doing the Piton may be a little extreme so perhaps it is a blessing. I think the best way to do this is by boat because you can start quicker than if you travel by land where it takes a while to get there (although the starting point for the land entrance is higher on the trail). Disappointing but understandable as a cost measure.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Legend, October 2009 Eastern Caribbean
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, October 2010 Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy, November 2011 Bahamas
Carnival Splendor, November 2013 Bahamas
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, November 2014 reposition bayonne to port canaveral
Carnival Sunshine, October 2015 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit, April, 2016 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit, October, 2016 Bayonne to San Juan
RCCL Jewel of the Seas, April 2017 TransAtl San Juan to Rome
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas, November, 2017 TransAtl Barcelona to Tampa
Celebrity Summit, April 2018 Southern Caribbean
RCCL Jewel of the Seas, November 2018 transatlantic Rome to San Juan
RCCL Vision of the Seas, January 2019 Western Caribbean
9 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Originally posted by jean87510
I just emailed Spencer as we had this booked for April. He said, yes, this is now not a tour anymore since he has had to send another boat to bring people back to the ship which was not cost effective. I noticed that Celebrity is not offering this as an excursion. I feel since I am already doing Mt. Liamuiga in St kitt, the next day doing the Piton may be a little extreme so perhaps it is a blessing. I think the best way to do this is by boat because you can start quicker than if you travel by land where it takes a while to get there (although the starting point for the land entrance is higher on the trail). Disappointing but understandable as a cost measure.

Indeed it's quicker by boat as apposed to land.
Water taxi is 40 mins (fast) & one hour (relax) each way but I would say whether you hike up to a quarter, half way or to the top the views are truly breathtaking & you could always relax on the beach & get a drink or something to eat right after your hike.
Enjoy Mt. Liamuiga none the less!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
NJ
98 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by amunhbuu
Hello,

Thanks!
Not sure if this is still timely for you, but may be for others. On July 19 we used Solomons Water Taxi, and it worked out great. We were a party of 6, but only 2 did the hike. The other 4 went to a beach, mud bath, and waterfall. But all 6 of us were in the boat from the cruise ship pier, to Gros Piton. I would definitely recommend!