Labadee with Young Children

spangnash

We'll be in Labadee on Feb 27th with our 3, 4, and 6 year old boys. We've never been there (or anywhere in the Caribbean, for that matter; we've only sailed on RCCL in the Mediterranean). We simply just want a beach day... am I naive in thinking we can just get off the boat and hang out on the beach for free? Is there anything anyone would recommend doing with children this young? (I will be asking in the Family board as well.) Thank you!

That is EXACTLY what Labadee is intended for - getting off the boat and hanging out on the beach - and Royal Caribbean does a very good job at Labadee. It is a private pennisula on the coast of Hatti and the only people you will see are other cruise ship passengers and RCCL employees - with one exception of a small Hattian village where people from Hatti are allowed to come inside the perimeter to sell various items.

For kids they do have a water park that includes inflatables and trampolines and such, but it might be too much for kids your age. I know older kids, teens, and even adults enjoy it a lot. There is also a very mild water slide, but it does not get good reviews. Both of these cost extra. The best beach for kids in my opinion would be Colombus Cove. It is a bit of a walk from the pier (just under half a mile), but they have a little tram system you can take to different spots. Colombus Cove is the last stop coming from the pier. This beach is all sand - not rocky at all like the beach that faces the Atlantic on the other side of the pennisula.

Labadee also has the Adventure Ocean Oasis, which is for younger kids, and I do not believe there is a charge for that, but double check to be sure - it's been a while since ours were that young and I can't remember. Whatever you do, Labadee is a great stop and if you are just looking to hang out at the beach, it is exactly what you want. You won't be ready to leave at the end of the day.