First time Cruiser on Divina

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:22 PM.
40 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
If she gets delayed out on the 9th will she be delayed coming back on the 16th or will they cut that cruise short?.... sorry such a selfish question!
40 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Sorry me again! If they decide to cancel the 16th sailing how much notice do they usually give? We fly 13th on a prize flight so can't change it ��.. if we cancel now we get no refund on the cruise.
But worries we will get there Wednesday and then Thursday or Friday they decide to cancel ..thanks ! X
433 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by JulieOz
Sorry me again! If they decide to cancel the 16th sailing how much notice do they usually give? We fly 13th on a prize flight so can't change it ��.. if we cancel now we get no refund on the cruise.
But worries we will get there Wednesday and then Thursday or Friday they decide to cancel ..thanks ! X

According to all forecasts, the hurricane will be quite far away from Florida on the 16th. Am on this cruise too. It is unlikely that the cruise will be cancelled but there may be some changes to itineraries depending on what damage Irma causes this week

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
433 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Thank you..so if my flight takes off Wednesday I should be okay fingers crossed !

There isn't anything forecasted that should affect flights to and from Miami, everything should be fine and the beautiful Divina will be waiting for us on the 16th will be keeping an eye out on what damage Divina does to the places we are due to visit on this cruise though

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Northern Ireland
140 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
so it obvious we will be going in another direction !...anyone want to guess where it is likely to be ?
I guess until the impact of the storm damage is assessed they won't know.
433 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
so it obvious we will be going in another direction !...anyone want to guess where it is likely to be ?

I think it would be a western Caribbean cruise as the ports in that area haven't been affected by Hurricane Irma. I can't see us going to St Maarten after seeing the pictures today

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pennsylvania
193 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
I hate to be the bearer of the bad news, and hopefully you know this by now , but information from another post from a cruiser on board Divina now states MSC has announced they are definitely cancelling the Sept 16th sailing . I am truly sorry your plans are being spoiled . You will get a refund and other compensation but not everyone can reschedule a vacation and airlines will not refund any money . Best of luck .
647 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by thegraminator
... information from another post from a cruiser on board Divina now states MSC has announced they are definitely cancelling the Sept 16th sailing.
I think you have the wrong dates. Sept 9th cancelled, no word about the 16th yet. Doubtful it would already be cancelled as they finally made the announcement of the Sept 9th this morning. Link to post?
16 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by Até
I think you have the wrong dates. Sept 9th cancelled, no word about the 16th yet. Doubtful it would already be cancelled as they finally made the announcement of the Sept 9th this morning. Link to post?
I'd like to know about this as well. I haven't seen anything about any cruiselines cancelling, or even updating, their cruises for next weekend yet.
40 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Just changed out flight with AA we are travelling Thursday now to miami rather than Wednesday.
I know it's just a day but I feel much happier now x
40 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Still going!! And Miami hotel advised all okay.
New route but I have only ever been to Cuba and Aruba so all these places are very exciting for me !
Near Tampa, Florida
3,415 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Still going!! And Miami hotel advised all okay.
New route but I have only ever been to Cuba and Aruba so all these places are very exciting for me !
Glad this worked out for you Julie.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Most of my reviews: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...mberName=tbmrt
9/16/17 MSC Divina
5/7/17 Fathom Adonia
12/9/16 Windstar Windsurf
9/10/16 Royal Caribbean Oasis of Seas
11/30/15 Celebrity Equinox
12/12/14 Celebrity Equinox
5/19/14 Caribbean Princess
12/10/13 MSC Divina
12/13/12 Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas
12/14/11 NCL Dawn
12/03/10 NCL Sky
10/16/10 NCL Sun
06/05/10 Bahamas Celebration
12/04/09 NCL Sky Bahamas
11/30/09 Royal Caribbean Majesty Bahamas
11/29/09 NCL DAWN WAS CANCELLED!
12/08/08 Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean
12/07/07 Carnival Legend Western Caribbean
40 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Hi everyone quick update.. last night our flight to Miami was cancelled ��.
We have decided enough is enough and cut our losses on this one.
We have taken the option to change to another cruise within 2 years. I booked a flight last last night to Rhodes and we fly out today for 10 nights..
Hope you all have a wonderful trip and someone please have a mojito for me ��
Northern Ireland
140 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Hi everyone quick update.. last night our flight to Miami was cancelled ��.
We have decided enough is enough and cut our losses on this one.
We have taken the option to change to another cruise within 2 years. I booked a flight last last night to Rhodes and we fly out today for 10 nights..
Hope you all have a wonderful trip and someone please have a mojito for me ��

Hope you have a lovely time in Rhodes and have a large cocktail in hand very soon