included excursions

2martinis

The included excursions on our cruise are sold out. I keep checking every day to see if they have opened up, but no yet. One of the reasons we chose Viking was the included excursion. Don't they guarantee that you get an included excursion.And all of the optional pay cruises are sold out. Any ideas for a newbie?

:confused:

Did you click on the drop down box to check all time slots? Included excursions usually are offered multiple times. If that is not the problem, call Viking. You are assured of an include excursion and they will resolve the problem for you if there is a glitch.

Better than calling Viking is to contact them at tellus@vikingcruises.com. Explain your program and ask them to pass the information along to the operations department. Or you can give them a phone number and ask them to call. Be sure to give your Viking booking number as well.

Technical request: I just had a post not show up right away, so I reposted. Then of course, they were both there. I tried to edit to delete the duplicate, but couldn't find that option. Any idea how to delete a post?

You can't do it but you can ask the moderators to do it. Use the blue triangle beside the post number to communicate with them. Or, if you are within the 20 minute edit period, you can just delete all the text in the duplicate and either just leave it blank or type something like "oops" or "duplicate post."

You can't do it but you can ask the moderators to do it. Use the blue triangle beside the post number to communicate with them. Or, if you are within the 20 minute edit period, you can just delete all the text in the duplicate and either just leave it blank or type something like "oops" or "duplicate post."

Thanks, Peregrina. At least I learned something from my blunder. I got as far as deleting all the text, but then didn't know what to do with an empty box. The blue triangle to communicate with a moderator was also something I didn't know.

Yes, I emailed them at that address, haven't heard anything back yet.I thought I would have heard Tuesday, but maybe today. I also requested distilled water for DH for cpap.

Be patient. It is a busy department. It has been a holiday weekend and the department was closed on Monday except for emergencies.

If you look on the Viking Ocean website for what is included in each cabin category, you will see that for the 14 Explorer Suites on the ship, reservations for excursions open 97 days before sailing and for restaurants (Manfredi's and Chef's Table) 90 days. For the 32 Penthouse Junior Suites, it is 87 and 80 days. The Penthouse Veranda cabins get to book at 77 and 70, the Deluxe Veranda cabins at 67 and 60, and the Veranda cabins open for excursions at 60 days (with no restaurant reservations). It is probably impossible for an included exclusion to sell out before the Deluxe Veranda cabins had their chance, although specific time slots could be full.

You do not need to wake up at 1 AM on the date excursions become available to you. I tried it on my first cruise with Viking, and the excursions were not open until the morning. Also, over the next few hours, nothing filled and hardly anything changed. There are also a lot of changes once people are on the ship. No need for stress or anxiety.

If you look on the Viking Ocean website for what is included in each cabin category, you will see that for the 14 Explorer Suites on the ship, reservations for excursions open 97 days before sailing and for restaurants (Manfredi's and Chef's Table) 90 days. For the 32 Penthouse Junior Suites, it is 87 and 80 days. The Penthouse Veranda cabins get to book at 77 and 70, the Deluxe Veranda cabins at 67 and 60, and the Veranda cabins open for excursions at 60 days (with no restaurant reservations). It is probably impossible for an included exclusion to sell out before the Deluxe Veranda cabins had their chance, although specific time slots could be full.

You do not need to wake up at 1 AM on the date excursions become available to you. I tried it on my first cruise with Viking, and the excursions were not open until the morning. Also, over the next few hours, nothing filled and hardly anything changed. There are also a lot of changes once people are on the ship. No need for stress or anxiety.

Thanks for this information.

Do not know when the OP sailing date is?

I assume that on MVJ , I will be able to select on 67th day before sailing , as I have DV3 cabin. I am not worried bout the included excursions times, very flexible.

I do have one optional tour I want to reseve and pay for when I can on my MVJ.

On the standard "Guest Statement" that you should have received from Viking, the first page shows your account information (booking number, charges and payments). The second page lists the "Cancellation Schedule" indicating what % refund you receive if you should decide to cancel your trip. The third page gives the itinerary, with arrival and departure times for each port (subject to change) and the dates that restaurant and excursion reservations open for you.

On the standard "Guest Statement" that you should have received from Viking, the first page shows your account information (booking number, charges and payments). The second page lists the "Cancellation Schedule" indicating what % refund you receive if you should decide to cancel your trip. The third page gives the itinerary, with arrival and departure times for each port (subject to change) and the dates that restaurant and excursion reservations open for you.

Thank you so much for this bit of information. I had no idea the dates our restaurant and excursion reservations open is printed right on our invoice. I was prepared to count back on the calendar!:o

Thank you so much for this bit of information. I had no idea the dates our restaurant and excursion reservations open is printed right on our invoice. I was prepared to count back on the calendar!:o

Lol... the invoice is the only thing I read from first page to the last :)

By the way, we are sailing on the Sky on Oct. 5, 2017 so just 4 weeks away. No info yet from the cruise line about air and no answers from email. We are in a grt. cabin so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe no info till you get a cabin assignment.I was able to make 4 included excursions, but the rest are sold out. Maybe when we get on board.

By the way, we are sailing on the Sky on Oct. 5, 2017 so just 4 weeks away. No info yet from the cruise line about air and no answers from email. We are in a grt. cabin so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe no info till you get a cabin assignment.I was able to make 4 included excursions, but the rest are sold out. Maybe when we get on board.

If you haven't been using tellus@vikingcruises.com as the contact e-mail, please contact them immediately (be sure to include your full name, Viking booking number and a phone number). This information should have been posted to your MyVikingJourney account already (look under My Account and scroll down). Also talk to them about the sold out included excursions.

was finally contacted by email about the sold out excursions and was assured that we would be able to join one. I finally called my initial agent that made my booking about our air. She was upset that we had not been ticketed yet and got me to the air dept. and after some "heated discussions" we are now ticketed. So I can breathe.and worry about something else.LOL