John Heald

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:29 PM.
AZ
4,283 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Usually directly on his FB page. He has people monitoring it and either answering for him or passing along questions/requests to him.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"What we've got here is... failure to communicate."
Ohio
211 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
You can send him a message on his Facebook page. Although he does try to accommodate requests but if he tells you to give him your cabin info etc etc for a special gift, don't count on it 100%. It happened to me in May. Honestly, even though I thought the surprise gift for my daughter's graduation cruise was going to be AWESOME, when I arrived and it wasn't there it wasn't a deal breaker. You will have people write hate mail and say they will never cruise carnival again because of things like this. He is only one person and I'm sure a busy guy. Our cruise was AMAZING and we are going back again May 2018!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing!!
111 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by atj1971
You can send him a message on his Facebook page. Although he does try to accommodate requests but if he tells you to give him your cabin info etc etc for a special gift, don't count on it 100%. It happened to me in May. Honestly, even though I thought the surprise gift for my daughter's graduation cruise was going to be AWESOME, when I arrived and it wasn't there it wasn't a deal breaker. You will have people write hate mail and say they will never cruise carnival again because of things like this. He is only one person and I'm sure a busy guy. Our cruise was AMAZING and we are going back again May 2018!!!
That was kind of my question. I see people sending him booking info and such when they rant so I assumed it was a private message.

Sent from my VS986 using Forums mobile app
Ohio
211 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Originally posted by Staceman225
That was kind of my question. I see people sending him booking info and such when they rant so I assumed it was a private message.

Nope, you just post it on the page. He had even replied to me a few minutes after I posted. Good luck!! With or without a special token, enjoy your vacation!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing!!
111 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Nope, you just post it on the page. He had even replied to me a few minutes after I posted. Good luck!! With or without a special token, enjoy your vacation!
Thanks for your help. I have only one more question. Do you post on his "home" page or the "community" page? Sorry about being such a good.

Ohio
211 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
When you bring up his FB page, you are on the "home" page. I posted it right there where it says "write something on this page"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing!!
111 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
When you bring up his FB page, you are on the "home" page. I posted it right there where it says "write something on this page"
Great! Thanks so mush for your help.

U.S.
6,153 Posts
Joined May 2006
I agree with atj1971. You can send John Heald a message on his FB page, but the chances of anything actually happening as a result are small. JH makes a big deal out of sending requests to him, but in reality, few actually result in action. His statements are more about marketing than actually providing results. In reality, if you want something special for your occasion or situation, you're much better off ordering something from Fun Shops.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
39 cruises and counting.....50's SWF....Love a great sense of humor.
Dallas, Texas
403 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by winddawn
I agree with atj1971. You can send John Heald a message on his FB page, but the chances of anything actually happening as a result are small. JH makes a big deal out of sending requests to him, but in reality, few actually result in action. His statements are more about marketing than actually providing results. In reality, if you want something special for your occasion or situation, you're much better off ordering something from Fun Shops.

Worked for us. Got a bottle of "champagne " and chocolate covered strawberries with a note of congratulations. Also got a handful of coupons ($50 spa credit, some free photos and some other coupon) from the room steward. Going out of Texas, we didn't get the champagne until day 2.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Marietta Ga
1,124 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by Pops, Esq.
Worked for us. Got a bottle of "champagne " and chocolate covered strawberries with a note of congratulations. Also got a handful of coupons ($50 spa credit, some free photos and some other coupon) from the room steward. Going out of Texas, we didn't get the champagne until day 2.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
I can get those by asking my PVP
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CCL Vista 2/2018

Jim and Jane
CCL Fantasy 6/1992
RCI Mariner of the Seas 1/2007
NCL Jewel 1/2012
CCL Breeze 7/2013
CCL Conquest 3/2014
CCL Sunshine 12/2014
RCI Freedom of the Seas 9/2015
RCI Radiance of the Seas 6/2016
CCL Triumph 11/2016
897 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
He says to submit your request a day or two before sailing. You need to include cabin number, ship and sail date. If he's not there, one of his helpers will forward the requests on for you. If you're on Dream, fugettaboutit. Most other ships you stand a better chance of getting some goodies. Usually a note from the CD on behalf of the Senior Cruise Diretor (spelt correctly), a bottle of bubbly, berries and a SOAS.
153 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
I have been lucky I guess. I do watch for the times he is online because I know he doesn't go back to questions posted when is isnt on FB. I have made dining room requests twice and a celebration surprise for my husband once. Never have not gotten what I requested.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising

June 2018 - Carnival Magic - Eastern Caribbean

Cruised
August 2017- Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean
February 2017 - Carnival Fantasy - Western Caribbean
March 2016 - Carnival Dream -Western Caribbean
December 2015 - Carnival Magic - Eastern Caribbean
August 2014 - Carnival Miracle - Alaska
August 2013 - Carnival Conquest - Exotic West. Carib.
March 2010- Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean
August 2009- Carnival Fantasy - Mexico
January 2003 - NCL Majesty - Bahamas
August 1999 - Enchanted Capri - Mexico
July 1997 - NCL Norway - Eastern Caribbean
Michigan
137 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
I always buy my wife sweets from the fun shops with little love letters, and book a steakhouse dinner every cruise. She has come to expect this, and I wanted to surprise her, so I posted John Heald's facebook page. One of his helpers responded, and on day two of the cruise, a bottle of champagne, some chocolate covered strawberries, and a ship on the stick were in our stateroom. It is small, but a very nice gesture and it did surprise my wife.

This cruise actually was extended due to Harvey, and we disembarked after an "extra day" in New Orleans. Since our beverage packages expired on the extended day, we enjoyed the bottle on the aft Lido deck on that last day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Breeze, Western Caribbean, 2017
Carnival Conquest, Bahamas, 2016
Carnival Dream, Western Caribbean, 2015
Carnival Liberty, Eastern Caribbean, 2014
Carnival Breeze, Eastern Caribbean, 2013
Carnival Victory, Southern Caribbean, 2012
622 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
I don't agree with this statement. I have messaged him twice about a special occasion for members of our cruise party and both times he responded and followed through. My experience.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Pride 5x, Carnival Glory, Enchantment of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas.
Ohio
211 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
My interaction did not originally start with requesting that he did something for me. I originally suggested that along with Bon Voyage and Happy Birthday decorations, that they add "Congratulations" decorations to the fun shop. Those could be used for many occasions and if they had them I would have gotten them for when we entered our cabin. John asked me to send him my cabin info etc etc.
Like I said, I was excited for her to get a little something from John but she didn't know anything about it so when it didn't appear it wasn't a big deal. We had a blast and I will be cruising again in 233 days!! I'm hoping by then, they have added those "congratulations" decorations because we will be celebrating her first year of law school completion. There is always a celebration as an excuse to cruise. Isn't there?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing!!
New Jersey
3,686 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Originally posted by SkyPiglet
I always buy my wife sweets from the fun shops with little love letters, and book a steakhouse dinner every cruise. She has come to expect this, and I wanted to surprise her, so I posted John Heald's facebook page. One of his helpers responded, and on day two of the cruise, a bottle of champagne, some chocolate covered strawberries, and a ship on the stick were in our stateroom. It is small, but a very nice gesture and it did surprise my wife.

This cruise actually was extended due to Harvey, and we disembarked after an "extra day" in New Orleans. Since our beverage packages expired on the extended day, we enjoyed the bottle on the aft Lido deck on that last day.
We received the same thing two cruises ago but on my cruise 8/27/2017 we got nothing but I don't care....it's nice of him even once

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Miracle 8/21/2005 (Katrina) Tampa
Carnival Valor 7/9/2006 Miami
Carnival Fantasy 8/18/2008 New Orleans
Carnival Liberty 8/15/2009 Miami
Carnival Victory 8/22/2010 Puerto Rico
Carnival Legend 8/12/2012 Tampa
Carnival Breeze 8/31/2013 Miami
Carnival Elation 9/21/2013 New Orleans
Carnival Splendor 8/12/2014 New York