Onboard Credit Divided between different S&S Cards?

bUU

When various onboard credits have been applied to our booking I was led to believe that they were applied to one or the other of us, not the both of us together.

I see our Onboard Credit total, but I don't see where on the website I can see how that is divided up. Where can I see this division?

I'm trying to understand how to best manage this division, since it seems to only make using up our Onboard Credit more complicated. I wouldn't want to (for example) use more than the available Onboard Credit for one of us while still having Onboard Credit for the other "left over". How do folks handle this?

I have always understood that any OBC is divided equally among the occupants of a cabin.

In many/most cases, the occupants are sharing the same folio/payment option, so it makes no difference which card "spends" the OBC since all spending is reconciled to a single total/balance.

I have always had the OBC divided appropriately. When I sailed with my husband, it wasn't a problem as we used one card for the trip so all went on his account. When I sailed with other family members, it was divided as it should have been as we were using different cards.

Husband and wife. Actually only have one account. Obc added to that account. Unless you open separate accounts. Then it goes to the primary person in cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the OBC is applied to the primary person in the cabin, a quick trip to guest services to request it to be split between all parties will remedy your situation

Sent from my VS990 using Forums mobile app

As long as you only have 1 account for the cabin it makes absolutely no difference who the OBC is assigned to. It's like 2 signers on a credit card. All charges go to 1 account and all OBC is credited to that account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have always understood that any OBC is divided equally among the occupants of a cabin.

In many/most cases, the occupants are sharing the same folio/payment option, so it makes no difference which card "spends" the OBC since all spending is reconciled to a single total/balance.

That has been my experience. OBC split with my wife, one card on file to pay.

What about stock credit? If a friend and I have a cabin and separate accounts will my stock credit just go to me then? And if I booked the cruise should I presume the $50 obc or whatever will also just go to me in spite of it being "per cabin"

That depends on how many are booked into the room. We just got off the Dream 9/3 & had $50 OBC. There was 4 in the room... me, my boyfriend & my 2 minor kids. $25 was applied to me & $25 to my daughter. Carnival listed us as the 2 "main" passengers. It was random. That was fine for us, but for others with more than 2 in a cabin- you may need to visit GS.

Agree lizardhowson. We use the same Credit Card for both and OBC get applied to the "joint" account regardless of how it shows up on the booking paperwork. No need to worry. :D

Yep ... that's how it works for us.

If we felt the need to divide up how we spent the money (which we don't :) ) we'd take the statement home with us and go over it there and even up who pays what to the credit card company.

What about stock credit? If a friend and I have a cabin and separate accounts will my stock credit just go to me then? And if I booked the cruise should I presume the $50 obc or whatever will also just go to me in spite of it being "per cabin"

For my friend and I the $50 was split between the 2 of us