Fascination Dry Dock

smallfry74

Talked to a Carnival rep last night. They said this information has not been released yet. I am hoping it will be the same things that were done to the Elation when it was in dry dock-- Blue Iguana, Red Frog Rum Bar, Guy's Burger etc...

If not, it's still has my favorite itinerary.

I read somewhere recently that since the 2.0 upgrades had been so popular on the other Fantasy class ships, that all of the remaining Fantasy class ships would be receiving them during their next scheduled dry dock. I know Elation is getting them during her dry dock in August/September.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm when the dry dock is taking place. Carnival rep today told us they had no date listed.

I thought I had read a thread about people having cruises in Feb 2018 cancelled due to the refurb but now I cannot find it.

I am taking my teen boys. Would there be anything for them to do?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We went with ours (14, 12, and 11). They had a great time on port days with us, and immediately found their Circle C friends upon return to the ship. While on board, we saw them at the pool, Waterworks, inside Circle C and Club O2 (for evening activities), and at the Pirate Pizza and the ice cream machines after hours. They had a great time.

If the upgrades mirror the Imagination upgrades (same ship class), Fascination will at least get Guys and Blue Iguana....can't remember if it got the pub or not.

Can anyone confirm when the dry dock is taking place. Carnival rep today told us they had no date listed.

I thought I had read a thread about people having cruises in Feb 2018 cancelled due to the refurb but now I cannot find it.

I heard it's right after the cruise I'm on. Sigh... Jan 28 embark, so right after that.

Carnival Fascination Newly Announced!

Previous Dry-Dock: 2015 Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock: 2018

Notes: The Carnival Fascination will be sent to dry-dock 1/31/18 - 2/17/18, according to GoCCL. At this time, no information has been publicly released about the enhancements or work that will be completed during this dry-dock.

Carnival Fascination Newly Announced!

Previous Dry-Dock: 2015 Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock: 2018

Notes:The Carnival Fascination will be sent to dry-dock 1/31/18 - 2/17/18, according to GoCCL. At this time, no information has been publicly released about the enhancements or work that will be completed during this dry-dock.

Not correct. We have been booked on the Jan 28th 7 day cruise for a year. The cruise after us has been canceled. Also check CCL website as you will see what two weeks are missing. They are either sold out or starting drydock on 4 Feb.

Not correct. We have been booked on the Jan 28th 7 day cruise for a year. The cruise after us has been canceled. Also check CCL website as you will see what two weeks are missing. They are either sold out or starting drydock on 4 Feb.

Good to know. Thanks.

Hopefully she'll be sparkly and shiny and ready for our 2/25 sailing.

Good to know. Thanks.

Hopefully she'll be sparkly and shiny and ready for our 2/25 sailing.

Nice! I wish they canceled ours. I would move the cruise myself but we have a group and this is what they wanted to do. Hopefully this ship will not be to worn out. The only thing I will probably really miss is Guys if that's planned. I wish San Juan had a larger ship as well...Oh well any cruise is better than none.

Nice! I wish they canceled ours. I would move the cruise myself but we have a group and this is what they wanted to do. Hopefully this ship will not be to worn out. The only thing I will probably really miss is Guys if that's planned. I wish San Juan had a larger ship as well...Oh well any cruise is better than none.

Our son and daughter-in-law and friends of ours both sailed Valor out of San Juan in 2015 and 2013, respectively. They all enjoyed the ship.

Paradise was our first cruise back in 2000, and we haven't sailed a Fantasy class ship since. It will be nice to sail a small ship again.

Regarding Guy's, I'm sorry, but I hope Fascination does not get it. I actually like the regular grill and the thin, crispy fries. I feel like Guy's topping bar creates a terrible traffic jam on Lido.

Agreed...any cruise IS better than non.

Even tho we went on the Vista last summer, the Breeze and Valor are our favorites. I wish the Valor was in SJ, would be so cool if it was. This will be our second cruise on a Fantasy class so I guess it will be different. I miss the old Steak Sandwich from Lido grill. Just another cutback...