How private are the "private" balconies on the Allure of the Seas?

My husband and I have booked a junior suite on the Allure for a cruise this summer. It will be our 1st cruise and we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary. We are rather conservative and modest but without sharing too much, we also enjoy our private time with each other very much. We will have a week without our three children and have a desire to have fun and enjoy the late night view, sounds, and scents of the open ocean together. This would check an item off or our "to do" list, however, while we want to enjoy our access to the balcony we prefer for others not to be part of our time together. Again, no need for details, but are the private balconies private enough for us to enjoy a intimate interlude without fear of prying eyes?

Not really.

I believe I get your drift but in 30+ sailings I have never seen a balcony that I considered "private." Sound, even at sea, travels also many cruisers enjoy leaning out over baclony to view the ship and the seas.

Only you can decide.

I love this thread. We will probably have to resort to extra curricular activities on our balcony due to our 8 year old being in the room. [emoji483] to hoping you (and we) get a little balcony privacy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not private at all. People can look down. Or around the partitions and all exterior areas are monitored by camera.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't believe the exterior camera's can see inside your balcony....I don't think the OP was considering hanging over the balcony railing :eek:

Never having been on the Allure, my suggestion would be to save that for Fantasy Night at home. Balconies are not *that* private. And know that if you decide they are, your neighbor may end up posting details in a "Wildest thing I ever saw on the Allure" thread.

My husband and I have booked a junior suite on the Allure for a cruise this summer. It will be our 1st cruise and we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary. We are rather conservative and modest but without sharing too much, we also enjoy our private time with each other very much. We will have a week without our three children and have a desire to have fun and enjoy the late night view, sounds, and scents of the open ocean together. This would check an item off or our "to do" list, however, while we want to enjoy our access to the balcony we prefer for others not to be part of our time together. Again, no need for details, but are the private balconies private enough for us to enjoy a intimate interlude without fear of prying eyes?

I don't believe the exterior camera's can see inside your balcony.... :eek:

It wasn't on the Allure, but we did a bridge tour on Anthem, and their exterior cameras definitely showed some balconies and you could see what was going on on those balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great topic!

Just keep the volume down, the lights off and keep back from the railing. And also avoid while in port. And be cognizant of your immediate neighbors coming out onto their balconies.

Aft cabins might have some issues and the extended balconies on deck 7 of Radiance class as well because they don't have full height barriers all the way to the railing. And definitely no privacy on neighborhood balconies and some of the suite balconies in the former VCL area on the Oasis class, based on photos I've seen.

Explorer is the only RCI ship in my signature where we haven't had a cabin with a balcony. :halo::evilsmile:

When they say "private", they mean no one else is sharing your space with you. Your neighbors can "peek" around the divider. It's not 100% private..so keep your clothes on! Other than that, it's private!

You can sit together, chat, drink, kiss...whatever you want...no one else will be there with you...but just remember, others may be able to peek in on you!

We just returned from Church and I have spent the last few minutes laughing hysterically! This post has had much more action than I ever anticipated, slight pun intended. I should have been more clear because after reading some of the great replies, I think I may have led some of you to think we were packing the trapeze as well!

I was thinking more of a late at night, no lights, quietly on the lounge chair kind of thing. We are not quite brave enough to hang out over the railing when we do our thing. I cannot imagine what was going on with the couple in the "10 things" article. "Back in 2007, a man allegedly jumped off his veranda in an attempt to rescue his significant other after knocking her overboard during an outdoor rendezvous." That had to be an intense romp!

I do worry about people peering over so we will have to keep that in mind but I get the impression that, if we are careful, discrete, don't wire up a harness system, and don't do it in broad daylight we would be okay. Thanks for everyone's help and feedback.

I am curious if there is a thread for "all the questions you were afraid to ask"?

When they say "private", they mean no one else is sharing your space with you. Your neighbors can "peek" around the divider. It's not 100% private..so keep your clothes on! Other than that, it's private!

You can sit together, chat, drink, kiss...whatever you want...no one else will be there with you...but just remember, others may be able to peek in on you!

Well I can tell you that if I'm ever your neighbor...we "never peek"...Even when we're at the railing and the neighbor happens to be too...I avoid eye contact.

What's in your mind ???????Maybe joining the balcony club??