4 Night Liberty Cruise - Quick Review

Salem615

Hi There

Just got back from a 4 night cruise on the Liberty. Had a really nice time and thought I would share some thoughts and observations.

Getting there - Before the cruise we spent 3 nights at the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando. (Loved it and love Universal). We used Anthony Hinds for all legs of our travel and I highly recommend him to anyone. He is prompt and keeps in constant contact with you all through your trip. He picked us up around 10am and we were at the port by 11:15.

Embarkation - We had faster to the fun so we zipped through check in and about 10 minutes after checking in we were aboard the ship. (One note - I had a roll of quarters that caused chaos! Security stopped me and had me empty my tote and also made me dump out my change purse!)

Room - Our room was on the Lido Deck (9263) Perfect location. It was close to the steps and elevators but not too close. Also very near to the laundry and the Lido area where everything is happening. The room was clean and neat and the usual colors and set up. Did not like the bed. It was hard as a rock! My ony other issue was the bathroom always smelled a little like urine. It was spotless but the smell was always there!

Ship - Liberty was a very pretty ship and easy to navigate. No problems at all.

Dining Room - Dining room was okay. We had 6pm dining in the Silver Olympian Room. Our request for a table for two was granted. We were on the lower level of the dining room near the back of the ship. when we went to find our seats nobody seemed to know where our table was. Everything was numbered but our number was nowhere near the other closer numbers. Finally somebody found our table and we were seated. Food was okay but nothing special. Melting cake was delicious. We ate here 2 out of 4 days.

Steakhouse - OMG! This was so worth the price. Food was amazing and service was perfect. It was my hubbys birthday week so they brought him a special dessert and gave us both a glass of champagne. Steak was amazing as well as all the other food. We left over filled!

Other food - Breakfast was fine at the buffet except for the eggs benedict. Don't get that! The breakfast burritos at the Cantina were awesome! Guys burgers were yummy as well. Pizza was good too. We did get room service one evening when we were both too tired from a long day in Nassau and the food was good. It took forever to get through to room service but they were at our room within 30 minutes of placing the order.

Bars - Hit or miss. Sometimes we were served quickly and other times we felt we would never get waited on.

Entertainment - We enjoyed both shows. They premiered Flick on the ship and it was pretty good. The last night was Rock and Roll night and they handed out bandanas and glow sticks before the show. Fun show. The band was great the singing was...okay.

We also so one comedy show and it was fun. We did Bingo and watched the love and marriage show.

Staff - All were great. our room attendant was Maddy (spelled Made) and he was so sweet. Our room was cleaned in the morning and he always left a towel animal for us. He always greeted us by name when we saw him. Great guy! We opted out of the evening service. We spent a lot of time on our balcony.

Wait staff was nice and Donkey the Cruise Director was the best. So funny and really got everyone up and moving!

People - No issues with anything. Always found a deck chair. Serenity Deck was crowded but we got there early and used the hot tub and found a great spot on one of the covered beds. No rowdy people and not a lot of kids. Only thing didn't like was kids in the hot tub. I still think they should be off limits unless an adult is present. One mornng there was a bunch in the hot tub and no adults in sight.

Ports - Nassau was fun. We did a tour called Rum Runners Passage through Islandz Tours. I highly recommend this tour. Lots of rum (5 shots to start with, one Bahama Mama, another shot of rum and one more rum drink) and food as well. ( conch fritters, rum cake, gelatto and chocolate) You learn about Nassau and pirates and also tour Graycliff and a Rum factory. After the tour we walked around and also had lunch in port.

Freeport - we walked around the shops and then went back to enjoy the ship.

Debarkation - This was easy. When we were ready we left as we had our luggage. We had Faster to the Fun and were off around 8:30. Our car service was waiting for us.

Awesome vacation. Had a nice trip.

Thanks for the review - glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise.

One tip for the eggs benedict - if you're in the dining room, ask for the hollandaise sauce on the side. It means you get fresh and not the ones that have been sitting under a heat lamp.

On the buffet, you can also ask for just poached eggs and they will get them for you from the back.

I forgot to mention the Art Auction - Yep I ended up with three items! My love for Snoopy and Looney Tunes gets me every time! Even if you don't buy anything its a lot of fun to see the artwork!

• 2 weeks later...

One tip for the eggs benedict - if you're in the dining room, ask for the hollandaise sauce on the side. It means you get fresh and not the ones that have been sitting under a heat lamp.

On the buffet, you can also ask for just poached eggs and they will get them for you from the back.

Brilliant!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eggcellent advice! I'm a big fan of eggs benedict!

Sounds like you had an enjoyable time. We are taking Grand kids on Liberty in August on four nighter to Nassau and Princess Cay.

Hope you write a review mrpayroll! I'm cruising on Liberty with that itinerary as well in May. Love to hear your thoughts, especially about Princess Cay. Thx!