Water activities at Princess Cays

mpdahmer

I have been to Princess Cays several time while sailing on Princess ships. We are sailing to Princess Cays in the end of April on the Carnival Conquest and was wondering about some of the activities and how much it has changed since we have been there.

We have done the banana boat several times in the past but I don't see that you can pre-book this through the online excursions. Do they still have water sports like this? If so, I would assume we would have to book it once there.

I also understand that they have added items such as food trucks. Is this included or do we have to bring additional cash to pay for this?

Any info will be helpful.

Great questions. We are going on the Carnival Liberty and I also want to know how the watersports on Princess Cay differ between the cruise ships. I found a website that lists all of the watersports and rentals when on the Princess Cruise line, but when I went to the Carnival excursions page I only saw a few of them. I would like to do the water bike but only the paddlewheeler is listed.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been to Princess Cays several time while sailing on Princess ships. We are sailing to Princess Cays in the end of April on the Carnival Conquest and was wondering about some of the activities and how much it has changed since we have been there.

We have done the banana boat several times in the past but I don't see that you can pre-book this through the online excursions. Do they still have water sports like this? If so, I would assume we would have to book it once there.

I also understand that they have added items such as food trucks. Is this included or do we have to bring additional cash to pay for this?

Any info will be helpful.

We were there on the Carnival Pride and stayed on the quiet/smaller side over the bridge to the right. I saw a food truck, but it was not being used. There were a lot of flies at the picnic lunch.

My understanding is the food trucks are included when they are in use. Possibly they are only used for Princess ships.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the excursions on Princess Cays differ when visiting on a Carnival cruise ship versus on a Princess cruise ship?

When we went on Regal Princess, they offered a banana boat ride as an excursion. When we went on a Carnival ship they did not offer it.

When we went on Regal Princess, they offered a banana boat ride as an excursion. When we went on a Carnival ship they did not offer it.

That's disappointing to hear. My kids and nephews would have loved to do this. I wonder why there is a difference if Carnival and Princess Cruises are owned by the same people.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with a Carnival rep and was told that Princess Cruise and Carnival cruise have excursion contracts with different companies. It's just odd since they are both owned by Carnival. At any rate, the aqua bike and banana boat ride are a no-go if you cruise with Carnival.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...