Oasis of the Seas.. Netflix Mega Food

If you have Netflix I would highly recommend watching Season 1 Episode 6 of "Mega Food." It is all about the Oasis of the Seas and how they get all of the food and drinks in and cook for the thousands of crew and cruise goers on there. Very interesting and informative.

After having sailed on the Anthem a couple years ago it was neat to see how some of the bigger ships actually get everybody fed with barely any hiccups. Really makes you appreciate how much the crew has to do, and if there are any small problems is is more than understandable.

My favorite part is they show you where the crew gets to eat! I wish we could eat there since it looks like there is always a huge assortment of cuisine styles available!

It’s crazy for them lobster night [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And I am the odd one not to relate to the hype as we have such good local lobster at home. Steak is more pricey for me so that is the more a luxury. Different strokes and I gladly avoid the MDR that night.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Not a lobster fan (nor is my shellfish allergic son who is a good sport and attends this night and happily doesn’t have a reaction), but crazy to see the amount of lobsters they all work on for hours.

It was interesting to hear them talk about the different color scarves and what they mean

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done two "Chef's Tables" on CCL in the galley and they are way cool. All though I enjoyed the CT on Allure and Oasis the CT in the galley and seeing the activity and watching the dishes crash to the floor is much more exciting.

Just watched the show. Fascinating and amazing to think of the huge volume of ingredients and the coordination of effort to serve all of us. We helped them avoid running out of those precious lobsters on our March voyage by staying out of the MDR, which my husband and daughter think is a boring waste of time! They loved the many included alternative meal options on the ship, especially the Park Café.

I don't really get the lobster thing either. I think it's fine but I never thought it was all that much better than shrimp or a good fish filet and don't know how it sort of became "the" standard of fine dining and especially of fine cruise dining. Trying new types of cuisine or foods from different cultures is more interesting in my humble opinion.

I've added it to my list to watch this weekend - thanks for sharing! If you enjoy food shows on Netflix, I definitely recommend Somebody Feed Phil as well. He has an episode on Lisbon, which I'll be visiting on my Jewel TA in November.